Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭terryG79

which is better to sli(crossfire)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I couldn't tell you, single cards are normally a better option due to compatibility, heat etc

At 1080p you won't need to CF or SLI

cheers man just thinking down the road :) id probably just upgrade the card...looking at a review its not far off GTX 780 on some benchmarks which is pretty good considering price etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Realistically if you're looking to play BF4 at true 'ultra' at 1080p the R9 290 is a better option. Cheaper cards admittedly aren't as acoustic friendly but at the end of the day, I prefer to favour raw performance over other factors (except the stock R9 290 when it first came out - that was actually like a hairdryer).

It's a shame Nvidia didn't allow Sli with the 750Ti, that would have been a monster!

Hi Terror Firmer is is a starting card do you reckon? i just checked the price there is seems not too bad like i would stretch to it if it was a card for now and a few years down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The R9 290 is a league ahead of the 280X. Well worth it for the few extra euro and it's longevity will be far better.

cheers ill consider that too thanks man...brill help here over the best few days

Advertisement