Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with upgrading/replacing HKC 8/12

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The call option was for people who did not want to spend money & sign up to any subscriptions.

As usual you drag it off topic when you are caught out.
    You are saying...
    altor wrote: »
    If you found you were using more than 50 texts a month there are other options available, most would if using open/close.
    To answer your question tho, it would be watched and customer would need to switch plans if it continued.

HKC are saying

355330.jpg

Which is it?
    And what are the options if you run out of texts.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Petty arguments over a system and service you don't [Redacted].
    You will never change.....

Have a good day.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Please do not comment on what I use or what I know. You are unaware of both.
    You are obviousally not going to answer. Not to worry, there is enough information above for people to see.

Yes there is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

What concerns me is its a 24 month contract i was hoping when finances allow to change the panel to a smarter one but I would have to pay off the rest of my contract if I change within the next two years. I know its not massive money but its enough to put me off.
    Im still confused about caller id when my alarm goes off does the DMC send a text or make a call to hkc and I assume they send me the text after that ? Is there much of a time delay ? Do I have to pay for this call or text ? I am thinking its a call as the phone lines don't support texts anymore ?

• Advertisement

hatchman wrote: »
    What concerns me is its a 24 month contract i was hoping when finances allow to change the panel to a smarter one but I would have to pay off the rest of my contract if I change within the next two years. I know its not massive money but its enough to put me off.
    Im still confused about caller id when my alarm goes off does the DMC send a text or make a call to hkc and I assume they send me the text after that ? Is there much of a time delay ? Do I have to pay for this call or text ? I am thinking its a call as the phone lines don't support texts anymore ?

Most things nowadays have some contract, no way around that I am afraid.

The system rings HKC server, transmits the garble you hear when it rings, this then takes the garble and sends it to you as a text. The call will be paid for by you but most people have calls covered in there plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

If you upgrade to a HKC system then they will happily sort you out with regards to the 24 month contract. If you have free landline calls as most people do then you will not be charged for the text. You can have caller ID blocked with the securetext service.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Please do not comment on what I use or what I know. You are unaware of both.
    You are obviousally not going to answer. Not to worry, there is enough information above for people to see.

You had no issue trying to discuss my business on thread in a previous thread. Not nice is it ? HKC will happily help you out of contracts should you decided to upgrade to a different HKC service. They will not cut you off should you go over the 50 text fair usage. Its fair usage for a reason ! They don't want the text service being abused. Should you constantly go over the limit you would be notified by security and risk and asked to contact your installer as you are possibly experiencing trouble with the system.

Thanks guys u have me convinced think I'll sign up tomorrow the panel just calling is not floating my boat like to know what zone and type !

Thanks guys u have me convinced think I'll sign up tomorrow the panel just calling is not floating my boat like to know what zone and type !

I would agree, garble down the phone line tells you nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

KoolKid, I would ask that you refrain from further comment on this thread. While you may feel it correct to ask multiple questions on the functions of the HKC alerts, the thread has already had a warning regarding app chat.

Signed up to secure text today programmed in the number and put caller Id to yes. Do I have to put in the mobile numbers again as deleted all when setting it up to call only. Also I set text enable to no. Or do they use the mobile number I used during the sign up process ? Bit confused

Signed up to secure text today programmed in the number and put caller Id to yes. Do I have to put in the mobile numbers again as deleted all when setting it up to call only. Also I set text enable to no. Or do they use the mobile number I used during the sign up process ? Bit confused

You will need to set up the following as its the alarm system doing the texting.

Site line which is your address.
    Phone numbers which is the numbers the system will text when the alarm activates.
    Text enable should be set to yes.

If you have any problems please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mick23

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sent you a PM with some options. It's amazing and frighting how many companies cannot install multiple systems.

Hi koolkid

Do you mind pm'ing me any recommendations as well please. I'm in the Kildare are and finding it difficult to locate an installer who installs Siemens ,risco , gsd systems .im after
    A new alarm for a new build which is prewired. The alarm should be self monitored via ip/and as a back up via gsm .i think from your posts I am siding towards Siemens .any help gratefully received

Thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sina9392

Hi folksI need some help on HKC 8/12 panels. Can you help? I upgrading from 8/12,which have GSM reporting via Securecomm, to 10/70.I have new GSM- CS for new panel. I wanna to use same Installation ID and Password for new system. How do I can deactivate SecureComm on old system?(there no "Disable Securecomm" option.Any suggestions? Thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sina9392

Hi Kool Kid,I see you have a lot of knowledge on HKC 8/12 panels. Can you help? I upgrading from 8/12,which have GSM reporting via Securecomm, to 10/70.I have new GSM- CS for new panel. I wanna to use same Installation ID and Password for new system. How do I can deactivate SecureComm on old system?(there no "Disable option".Thank you

Sina9392 wrote: »
    Hi Kool Kid,I see you have a lot of knowledge on HKC 8/12 panels. Can you help? I upgrading from 8/12,which have GSM reporting via Securecomm, to 10/70.I have new GSM- CS for new panel. I wanna to use same Installation ID and Password for new system. How do I can deactivate SecureComm on old system?(there no "Disable option".Thank you

If the comms I'd is registered to the 8/12 you will need it deregistered from this before you can set it up on the new panel.

Advertisement