Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build for Streaming games and Video editing

Options
  • 04-06-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1500 Max

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/Video editing. a large mix of games from GTA to Battlefield

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no as i will be selling my old 1

5. Do you need a monitor? no

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    1920x1080 Yes

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? no

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? not straight away

8. How can you pay? Credit Card/Laser

9. When are you purchasing? 1-2 weeks

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin 5

i was thinkingIntel 4690K i would maybe also like liquid cooling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Xeon 1231v3 €250
    GTX 970 €350
    ASRock Pro4 €80
    2tb SSD €77
    120gb SSD €65
    250gb SSD €85
    500w PSU €55
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    8gb Crucial RAM €55

Total €1100
    I wouldn't make anymore additions as not worth premium. Maybe a 4790k to bring you to 1250 but your call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

For video editing, buy two of those 8gb RAM kits. 16gb should be enough. Spend the rest of your budget on some nice headphones for audio editing, maybe a desktop amp if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

i think i'll be going with Intel 4690K and i was thinking maybe a 750W psu as i may add a second card later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

If you want to stream and edit videos go with the Xeon. It's by far a better processor for the job.

Quad cores don't cut it for streaming modern games at any sort of decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get ASRock Extreme3 board or better if you play on SLIing

600w is enough to SLI 970s
    Stick with the Xeon

• Advertisement
Advertisement