Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is a black bra inside an off white shirt fashionable?

• 05-06-2015 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Is a black bra visible inside an off white shirt considered fashionable/sexy? Or is that fashion gone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I suppose if it is out of fashion, still hold on to your black bras because fashion will come around again. It's a look that I think can be rather nice. But I personally don't like black underwear,,,, to me--- it's like being in mourning for something like a long lost relationship-- '.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

imo that sounds tacky and horrible.

Do you mean something like this?
    91vfSYn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Tbh I think it looks really tacky and trampy. I've never seen someone pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I think it looks very cheap and tacky to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AfricaB

Thanks every one. I thought SJP pulled it off well but that was years ago. I was trying to get out of my comfort zone....maybe I'll try something else. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I like it if you have small boobs and wear it with black trousers. Something like link below. And I really can't see why that would be trashy.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=146936&d=1233414522

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Visible underwear is hard to wear; it has to look intentional rather than accidental. Also glamorous, a tricky one to do successfully.
    Under a white shirt, skin-tone bra is the classiest in my opinion, almost invisible, discreet and un-revealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

meeeeh wrote: »
    I like it if you have small boobs and wear it with black trousers. Something like link below. And I really can't see why that would be trashy.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=146936&d=1233414522

Never mind her bra, what happened to her feet? :eek:

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

katemarch wrote: »
    Visible underwear is hard to wear; it has to look intentional rather than accidental. Also glamorous, a tricky one to do successfully.
    Under a white shirt, skin-tone bra is the classiest in my opinion, almost invisible, discreet and un-revealing.

It depends on occasion. White shirt is demure anyway so you can do a black and white evening look and use black bra. As a sort of variation of black tux look. It's not a daytime look.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Never mind her bra, what happened to her feet? :eek:

Oh yeah those french haven't got a clue about style.

Overly visible shoes with wide trousers are one of the most vile looks ever. Long skirt or wide legged trousers have to go very close to the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

meeeeh wrote: »
    Oh yeah those french haven't got a clue about style.

I like Clemence Poésy, loved her in "In Bruges". So what? Looks like she has hooves there, even if it's just an unfortunate camera shot. :D

<SNIP> Personal attack removed

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - one more snipe from either of you and I will take action. Your posts to each other have been antagonistic and downright rude. This attitude is not welcome in the F&A forum.

Back on topic please.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AfricaB

Yes thats the kind of look I was thinking of but with skinny jeans. I was wondering if that look is fashionable now. I think she looks good and trust the girl does have feet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joollyparo

Have seen it pulled of many times by them Kardasians.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 esp93

I've a light shirt that I always wear a black bra under! As long as it's not completely visible of course, I think it adds a bit extra without actually showing anything extra :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tbh I think it looks really tacky and trampy. I've never seen someone pull it off.

So, tacky and trampy, but not that tacky and trampy?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

esp93 wrote: »
    I've a light shirt that I always wear a black bra under! As long as it's not completely visible of course, I think it adds a bit extra without actually showing anything extra :P

If you want to show your underwear off, why bother with a top?

I'm not having a go, I just don't get why you'd bother with a top at all if you think it looks nice to let people see your underwear.

Maybe growing up in nineties did something to me but visible bra really isn't a huge deal. You just pick a very plain and well structured one. And no I don't dress like a tramp, in comparison with what is seen on nights out I am probably a conservative dresser. :D

Advertisement