Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 15), Jun 5-9

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can see Dundalk putting a few past us. We haven't been solid at the back the last while, and Pender and Anto are missing who've been huge for us so far this season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Can see Dundalk putting a few past us. We haven't been solid at the back the last while, and Pender and Anto are missing who've been huge for us so far this season.
    Bohs 10/1 to win this evening which indicates how well we're playing at the moment. Looking forward to this one. Bohs doing well and although we beat them 3-0 in Dalymount that flattered us a bit. Should be a decent atmosphere with about 3500 in attendance. Gartland fit again so could replace Barrett this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

OP,

Limerick V Drogheda is in the Markets Field, not Jackman Park. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

two home games this weekend and then none for five or six weeks through rearranged games and the midseason break

O'Neill and Keane heading up to watch the champions in action this evening. It'll be nice for them to watch some quality football after they were forced to sit through that muck against Northern Ireland the other night.

• Advertisement

So it seems we've signed Ismahil Akinade, he's lining out for us tonight. No mention of it during the week.

Suffice to say Bohs fans are disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

1 nil Bohs :eek:

comon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was thinking for tonight to be organised, hopefully take the chances and snatch a win. 10 minutes in, a red card. So annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

3,000 at the Limerick game tonight it was delayed for 15 mins for the crowds to get in.

Stephen Best off with a broken leg for us apparently. With Griffin and Pender picking up season ending injuries the last few weeks, our squad is falling apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cork City 2-0 up away to Galway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Christ I'm missing some game in Belfield. 4 goals in 6 minutes including a 4 minute hat-trick, a mass brawl and a red card.

Suffice to say, it's becoming clearer that Cabinteely aren't cut out for this league.

Up to second as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

3,000 at the Limerick game tonight it was delayed for 15 mins for the crowds to get in.
    Official figure was 2,308. Drogs brought 15

Anyone else hear a loud bang???, Dundalk Fans crashing back down to Earth

Get in Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been really patient with Heary. Think the time is coming for a change. 1 spot above relegation in June just isn't good enough for money spent.

All the problems at the club aren't going away with him though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Dammit Dundalk. Never would have guessed that you would have been my coupon buster.

Harps' first loss of the season means we'll be 3 behind if we beat Shels on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Shels keep the streak going :D Gareth Coughlan hat trick and they beat the Youths 3-2

Said it last week but Alan O'Sullivan needs to be starting up front over Vinny Byrne. He came late and immediately was making a contribution

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

So it seems we've signed Ismahil Akinade, he's lining out for us tonight. No mention of it during the week.

Strange one alright, far more downside than upside to that I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Dammit Dundalk. Never would have guessed that you would have been my coupon buster.

Harps' first loss of the season means we'll be 3 behind if we beat Shels on Tuesday.
    Had to end sometime :( was afraid after our 2 games with Longford that we could be in bother. Keating off with his hamstring too, least he only had one game left for us!

We will do well to keep our noses in front of ye. 4pts between ucd, youths, althlone and shels.things getting interesting after looking like it could be a 3 horsed race!

Good thing I know nothing about football :pac: Outrageous result, not many sides will be coming away from Oriel with 3 points. Great to get a win against one of the top teams
    Strange one alright, far more downside than upside to that I reckon.
    Expect to see some protests at next Friday's game. Looking at the forum and twitter, fans are really unhappy about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

He had a cracking game I thought. Caused Dundalk all sorts of problems!

Philly_C wrote: »
    He had a cracking game I thought. Caused Dundalk all sorts of problems!

His playing ability has nothing to do with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Always nice to win up in the Brandywell and to win 3-0 is very good.

Whats the deal with Akinade? was he cleared or is the case still in progress? strange decision to sign him even if he did make a difference tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

His playing ability has nothing to do with it

I do realise that. Just saying he played very well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

major bill wrote: »
    Whats the deal with Akinade? was he cleared or is the case still in progress? strange decision to sign him even if he did make a difference tonight

Almost certain he was convicted but got a suspended sentence. Very surprised that Bohs signed him.

He pleaded guilty and was convicted. Got away with a very light sentence. Would rather play one of the kids or someone out of position.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fair dues to Bohs, no harm Dundalk losing, some of their fans have rather lofty opinions and its nice to see them get a little bit of a reality check.

Nice for Pasts to get a good away win considering the week they had.

Nice to see a good crowd in Limerick and a good away win for City !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another 3 points and another average performance

If we start playing.......

• Advertisement

It's been a while since I've had that horrible hollow feeling of defeat after a match. No complaints really. Bohs defended well and Akinade did really well up front on his own. Paddy Barrett has been hit and miss since he joined us and tonight was one of his bad nights. Was a fault for the first goal (which dribbled in after hitting the post and bouncing off Rogers arse) and was awful against Akinade when giving away the penalty. His passing was pretty crap as well.

We never really got going especially in the second half when a strong wind didn't help us. The glorious unbeaten run comes to an end. Disappointing but hopefully only a minor blip. This team will no doubt bounce back strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

4 league wins in a row. Hopefully we can keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Shels keep the streak going :D Gareth Coughlan hat trick and they beat the Youths 3-2

Said it last week but Alan O'Sullivan needs to be starting up front over Vinny Byrne. He came late and immediately was making a contribution

Fantastic 3rd goal to win it but we were down to 10 men at that stage as a result of one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in many years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fantastic 3rd goal to win it but we were down to 10 men at that stage as a result of one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in many years

Which decision are you disputing? The one for the second yellow was clear as day. I was about 2 foot away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pighead wrote: »
    O'Neill and Keane heading up to watch the champions in action this evening. It'll be nice for them to watch some quality football after they were forced to sit through that muck against Northern Ireland the other night.

It was fúcking brilliant wasn't it?

:D

Scoreline flattered Rovers a bit, but Sligo have some problems. That no 5 is horrendous at judging the ball over the top and the left back beside him wasn't much better, letting Waters in for the second. Cawley also offered up the decisive third. The goals were largely soft.

Fantastic curled pass for the third. Miele was excellent. Horrible looking injury for SOC, eight minutes of injury time and a few people in the main stand looking away as his leg pointed in several different directions.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Which decision are you disputing? The one for the second yellow was clear as day. I was about 2 foot away from it.

That's some achievement seeing as there is 20ft from the fence to the touchline and the incident happened on the edge of the box. He buckled his legs as our defender went alongside him.

2 deffo pens, one for handball, the other for a push in the 1 half, possible one against Furlong in the 2nd. Various dreadful decisions throughout the game

That's some achievement seeing as there is 20ft from the fence to the touchline and the incident happened on the edge of the box. He buckled his legs as our defender went alongside him.

2 deffo pens, one for handball, the other for a push in the 1 half, possible one against Furlong in the 2nd. Various dreadful decisions throughout the game

Think you may be overexaggerating. The one in the first half certainly did not look like a pen to me. Hopefully the game is recorded so everything can become clear then.

The 2nd yellow was clear as day, so I'm stunned you're even disputing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dfx- wrote: »
    Scoreline flattered Rovers a bit, but Sligo have some problems. That no 5 is horrendous at judging the ball over the top and the left back beside him wasn't much better, letting Waters in for the second. Cawley also offered up the decisive third. The goals were largely soft.

Fantastic curled pass for the third. Miele was excellent. Horrible looking injury for SOC, eight minutes of injury time and a few people in the main stand looking away as his leg pointed in several different directions.

Brennan injury looked bad too.

Miele is going to be a real player.

Great to see some of the movement and passing for the goals even against a poor team. Our centre half situation needs addressing. Hyland saved our bacon a few times. I'd have Webster back in sharpish.

CSF wrote: »
    Think you may be overexaggerating. The one in the first half certainly did not look like a pen to me. Hopefully the game is recorded so everything can become clear then.

The 2nd yellow was clear as day, so I'm stunned you're even disputing that.

I suppose you didn't see your keeper handballing outside the box either?. My point is that it wasn't a dirty game in any shape or form, but the referee let too many thing go unpunished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I suppose you didn't see your keeper handballing outside the box either?. My point is that it wasn't a dirty game in any shape or form, but the referee let too many thing go unpunished

He's probably copped onto every other keeper in the division getting away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

anncoates wrote: »
    Brennan injury looked bad too.

Miele is going to be a real player.

Great to see some of the movement and passing for the goals even against a poor team. Our centre half situation needs addressing. Hyland saved our bacon a few times. I'd have Webster back in sharpish.

If he's half as good as his vacuum cleaners......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

kksaints wrote: »
    Always nice to win up in the Brandywell and to win 3-0 is very good.

Its getting so easy to win at the Brandywell now, its nothing out of the ordinary.

Missed game last night, but I hear we were pants. Pats on a completely different level.

We will be lucky to avoid relegation.

Nope, actually I didn't, I was behind the other goals, although I heard the Wexford fans shout for it

Untelevised football is funny like that. If you asked 5 different people for an evaluation of the referee's performance there'd probably be very little correlation between their opinions that they're all 100% sure of and can't believe the ref didn't spot.

I'm as guilty of it as anyone and invariably my view tends to go in favour of Shels so I'm certainly not going to complain too much.

But I certainly didn't come out of that game thinking we got the rub of the green as regards refereeing decisions. In fact, I thought we should have a free in the build up to your first goal. It's always better when we can look back on replays of these things and we can properly judge.

NIMAN wrote: »
    If he's half as good as his vacuum cleaners......;)

That sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am still frozen after Bray last night. It was a poor enough game, Bray down to 10 men after only 9 minutes, I would like to see the tackle again on MNS.. (or whatever its called these days ;) ) Classic LOI refereeing moment,Buttimer points for a penalty, linesman calls him over.. drop ball given...

aymen ben mohamed scoring the only goal of the match, a well taken goal after a good run. Bray could have nicked a goal towards the end after Rossiter made a hash of a clearance.

aymen ben mohamed scoring the only goal of the match, a well taken goal after a good run.

He seems like quite a decent player, how has he been playing as someone seeing him regularly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels win again and I couldn't make it! If we don't win both this week I'm retiring!

Bad night for Derry. Fourth goal was about 20 yards offside, but made no difference to the score. Could've been six.

Bad night for Rovers upfront, Drennan sent off, Fahey out injured, Ryan Brennan injured, SOC out injured, North out injured. Interesting to see what Fenlon goes with to get a 0-0 on Friday.

Fahey out injured,

Actually the most fortuitous thing that's happened to the team all season in terms of improvised selection. With utmost sympathies to SOC and Blanchard, same there

Strange game tonight. All over them. Should have been a rout. McBride was a red. Looked like a flying kick to the groin or thigh. Bit harsh on Drennan. Just a handbag shove after a tackle from behind but mad to risk it in front of ref. Thought miele offside goal was an intercepted header back to goal at the time but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Bad night for Derry. Fourth goal was about 20 yards offside, but made no difference to the score. Could've been six.

Bad night for Rovers upfront, Drennan sent off, Fahey out injured, Ryan Brennan injured, SOC out injured, North out injured. Interesting to see what Fenlon goes with to get a 0-0 on Friday.
    Ryan Brennan was on the bench but wasn't risked for obvious reasons. Should be OK for Friday.

Suspect Fenlon will go with McCaffrey up front but Waters can play there too and is in great form. Fenlon probably won't want to move him from the wing for that reason though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement