Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with damaged phone line under public path.

Options
  • 05-06-2015 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi .
    Here goes, we are currently having a broblem with the eircom phone line.
    We have Broadband which is working perfectly.
    The actual phone dial tone was very "crackly" and is now gone (dead).
    Historically there has been issues with the phone line ever since the council did some work on the paths out side of our property some years ago. The phone line was damaged at this time I think, well it never worked correctly since. I am 99% this is the source of the dead phone (No dial tone)
    I am sick of the poor and now, non existant landline. I want this fixed with all new wire. Its not a long run under the path as far as I know.
    I am willing to run conduit from my house to where ever and will complete all works on my property to make this happen.
    My question who digs up the path the complete the conduit run, the council or eircom??
    Whats involved to get this done??

Looking forward to your response.
    Rgds

George

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

costelg wrote: »
    Hi .
    Here goes, we are currently having a broblem with the eircom phone line.
    We have Broadband which is working perfectly.
    The actual phone dial tone was very "crackly" and is now gone (dead).
    Historically there has been issues with the phone line ever since the council did some work on the paths out side of our property some years ago. The phone line was damaged at this time I think, well it never worked correctly since. I am 99% this is the source of the dead phone (No dial tone)
    I am sick of the poor and now, non existant landline. I want this fixed with all new wire. Its not a long run under the path as far as I know.
    I am willing to run conduit from my house to where ever and will complete all works on my property to make this happen.
    My question who digs up the path the complete the conduit run, the council or eircom??
    Whats involved to get this done??

Looking forward to your response.
    Rgds

George
    Hi costelg

If you could please PM me your land line number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement