Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband in Dundalk

Options
  • 05-06-2015 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Does anyone know the best Fibre broadband in Dundalk for unlimited and landline? Live close to the DKIT. Vodafone or Eircom???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Both use the same lines so in terms of Geography, the best response is "Both Vodafone and Eircom"

The best deal is down to what you find yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Both Eircom & Vodafone are also working on their own separate Fibre To The Building/House network, and according to what was published over the last few months, Eircom would have that done for Dundalk (and Drogheda) by August this year (I don't know if that is going to be the case or not.. but that's what they have on their website). Vodafone (SIRO) also have Dundalk (but not Drogheda, booo) in their list first 10 towns where they are doing their FTTH, but I don't know when they expect to have that ready.

If I were you, and if it's possible, I would prefer to wait another three months to see who offers fibre to the house first (700-800 mbps!!) and not lock yourself into a long contract with the wrong provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's €55 per month, but you can get a 30-day rolling contract with Magnet Broadband and it uses VDSL on phone lines, like eircom/Vodafone above.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

positron wrote: »
    Both Eircom & Vodafone are also working on their own separate Fibre To The Building/House network, and according to what was published over the last few months, Eircom would have that done for Dundalk (and Drogheda) by August this year (I don't know if that is going to be the case or not.. but that's what they have on their website). Vodafone (SIRO) also have Dundalk (but not Drogheda, booo) in their list first 10 towns where they are doing their FTTH, but I don't know when they expect to have that ready.

If I were you, and if it's possible, I would prefer to wait another three months to see who offers fibre to the house first (700-800 mbps!!) and not lock yourself into a long contract with the wrong provider.

Just signed up for Vodafone Home Phone and Unlimited Fibre Broadband for €25 first 3 months and €55 thereafter. I hope i'll get good service fibre broadband???

Advertisement