Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on line installation - any updates?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

is it possible to give me an update/eta on line installation?

Regards,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hi,

is it possible to give me an update/eta on line installation?

Regards,
    Dave
    Hi lawred2

I will need to request clarification from our networks team. As soon as I have more information I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi lawred2

I will need to request clarification from our networks team. As soon as I have more information I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Do you have my details already?

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al

Do you have my details already?
    Yes mark

You had PM'd me the new address on the 11th of May and I located your order number by searching orders from your area (8129871P)

Cheers
    Al

Resourceful... very good

Resourceful... very good
    Cheers lawred2

As soon as I have more information I'll let you know

Al

• Advertisement

Any update for me?

Any update for me?
    I do not have an update yet lawred2 - apologies for the delays with this. I will continue to push fopr more information and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

AL

Ah the old stay quiet and hope I go away routine...

Ah the old stay quiet and hope I go away routine...
    Hi

There is no installation date available yet although a provisional date of the 30th of June in in place - a provisional date is not an appointment date but rather a date of when you will be contacted and updaed by networks re the status of your order. I can see there is a works order in place which needs to be finished first - basically there are larger infrastructural works required before a line can be put in to your home - this can unfortunately occur in new housing estates where there has never been a line before.

Ultimately the advised installation timeframe is up to ten working days (when a line has previously been installed / the infrastructure is already there to install the line) however if the appropriate infrastructure is not in place the timeframe for installation can run in up to 6 months. More details on the timeframes can be found on comregs website here:

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp

Thanks
    Al

Fair enough... Thanks for digging that out. There are site works going on.

It wouldn't be so bad waiting if there were decent mobile broadband in the area but that's garbage too...

• Advertisement

Fair enough... Thanks for digging that out. There are site works going on.

It wouldn't be so bad waiting if there were decent mobile broadband in the area but that's garbage too...
    No problem lawred2

Glad I could shed more light on this for you

Al

Hi,

30th of June has just passed.

Can you update on status of line installation?

Thanks,
    Dave

Any updates at all? You specifically said 30th June for an update..

Hi lawred2

Apologies for the delays, I have requested clarification from our operations team and as soon as I have an update I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Hi lawred2

Apologies for the delays, I have requested clarification from our operations team and as soon as I have an update I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Any feedback from operations?

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Not yet lawred2

Thanks
    Al

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Not yet lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Anything?

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Not yet lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Anything?
    Hi lawred2

I have not been able to get a confirmed installation date however Networks have informed me that cablin works are still required in your area and the best timeframe we can currently offer is August to September. I understand June 30th was previously advised and I'm sorry this has been extended, I have marked your urgency to this order though.

Thanks
    Al

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Not yet lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Anything?
    Hi lawred2

I have not been able to get a confirmed installation date however Networks have informed me that cablin works are still required in your area and the best timeframe we can currently offer is August to September. I understand June 30th was previously advised and I'm sorry this has been extended, I have marked your urgency to this order though.

Thanks
    Al
    :(

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Not yet lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Anything?
    Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry about this lawred2

I'll let you know when the situation changes

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing a diabolical service. I have been waiting for broadband since 28th May, I hope people check these threads before they sign up to Eircom - DON'T DO IT! 

-Freebird- wrote: »
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing a diabolical service. I have been waiting for broadband since 28th May, I hope people check these threads before they sign up to Eircom - DON'T DO IT! 
    that's effective monopolies for ya

-Freebird- wrote: »
    Hi -Freebird-

I've replied to your other posts - feel free to PM me your details

Al

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks.

Not yet lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Anything?
    Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Sorry about this lawred2

I'll let you know when the situation changes

Al
    Hi Al,

What's the latest? We've had a few eircom lads on site to 'connect' up houses who had to leave because other eircom lads had not yet done some work connecting the site to the exchange??

Any of that make sense?

Anything?

That's a no then

I thought that by placing an order with eircom (as opposed to Sky or VF) when I did that it would provide extra motivation to get the services installed... It seems clear now that this is not the case.

I'm thinking I might as well cancel this order and just wait for the entire estate to be connected as it was going to be anyway. It doesn't look like placing an order with eircom has made a jot of difference to when the house would be connected.

I can then decide which provider to go with.

Youre getting away lawred.....be thankful!!!

If this is how they treat their new customers imagine what it would be like when you are tied into a contract.

Run lawred. Run far away from them.

Alan,

Can you cancel open order as detailed in this thread?

Or is there a number for me to call?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Advertisement

Alan,

Can you cancel open order as detailed in this thread?

Or is there a number for me to call?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I'm sorry lawred

The situation remains that the most recent information I can obtain on your order is that the area cabling works are still required and the best time frame we can currently offer is August to September. This will show you that there has not been any recent progress.

I do genuinely wish I could offer you more info and I'm sorry to hear you are considering cancelling. I can arrange the cancellation of your order if you wish?

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement