Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on line installation - any updates?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lawred2 wrote: »
    Alan,

Can you cancel open order as detailed in this thread?

Or is there a number for me to call?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I'm sorry lawred

The situation remains that the most recent information I can obtain on your order is that the area cabling works are still required and the best time frame we can currently offer is August to September. This will show you that there has not been any recent progress.

I do genuinely wish I could offer you more info and I'm sorry to hear you are considering cancelling. I can arrange the cancellation of your order if you wish?

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Not your fault. But my only motivation for placing an order with Eircom was based on misguided thinking that placing on order with eircom would accelerate the process of putting a connection in place.

This hasn't worked out so I might as well wait until the work is done and then select the best deal available from all providers.

Please arrange cancellation of this order.

Can you also arrange to have confirmation of cancellation sent to my email address?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Alan,

Can you cancel open order as detailed in this thread?

Or is there a number for me to call?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I'm sorry lawred

The situation remains that the most recent information I can obtain on your order is that the area cabling works are still required and the best time frame we can currently offer is August to September. This will show you that there has not been any recent progress.

I do genuinely wish I could offer you more info and I'm sorry to hear you are considering cancelling. I can arrange the cancellation of your order if you wish?

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Not your fault. But my only motivation for placing an order with Eircom was based on misguided thinking that placing on order with eircom would accelerate the process of putting a connection in place.

This hasn't worked out so I might as well wait until the work is done and then select the best deal available from all providers.

Please arrange cancellation of this order.

Can you also arrange to have confirmation of cancellation sent to my email address?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I can indeed lawred2

Please PM me your email address and I'll arrange that today

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

PM sent

Thanks

PM sent

Thanks
    Thank you lawred2

I have arranged that now

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mullanp

eircom has by far the worst customer service i have ever experienced, be thankful lawred2 that u live in an estate that will eventually be connected i live in a rural area and after 6 months of phoning and mailing eircom to find out when my line would be installed i was told i cant get a phone line installed( i got no further explanation) even though the three houses across the road have phone lines and broadband and the telephone pole is across the road from my house.:mad: So now it looks life i'll have to rely on painfully slow mobile broadband. I think it's shocking that in 2015 I cannot get a phone line in my house i would understand if i was miles away from the nearest pole but it's across the road!! 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mooha00

Are there a lot of customers who have to wait several months to get service from Eircom?

I've also been waiting since May but didn't think it was business as usual.

mooha00 wrote: »
    Are there a lot of customers who have to wait several months to get service from Eircom?

I've also been waiting since May but didn't think it was business as usual.
    Very sorry to hear this mooha00

There will unfortunately be delays where large infrastructural works are required - this is also largely due to the application for planning permission.

If you would like to PM me your order number I would be happy to see if I can offer clarification on the delays.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement