Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

currency fair

• 05-06-2015 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm moving to Australia tomorrow and have a substantial amount of money to transfer over between myself and my partner. I'm just wondering if currency fair is the best way to go and is it reliable with such large amounts of money. Want to be safe as its all our savings for the past couple of years.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

SophieG wrote: »
    I'm moving to Australia tomorrow and have a substantial amount of money to transfer over between myself and my partner. I'm just wondering if currency fair is the best way to go and is it reliable with such large amounts of money. Want to be safe as its all our savings for the past couple of years.

100% reliable. Absolutely love currency fair I've been to Oz a couple of times and moving back in September, saved me literally thousands over last few years. Get signed up ASAP as they require some information that needs to be scanned across. Also best to do transfers to currency fair in the bank if it's a large amount. Some Internet banking only allows 5000 per day.

Have you got accounts set up on the other end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SophieG

Have currency fair account set up and linked with an Irish account. Have to set up an account in Australia tomorrow when we arrive. after that I think it's just a matter of sending the money through CF so just wanted to make sure the money won't go missing when we transfer into currency fair. Thanks, I appreciate your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,758 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Use with confidence. A great service.

Also look at transferwise, an alternative. I think it's quicker to set up and get an account activated with them, as they don't require you to post a scan of your passport.

All the best for your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SophieG

NIMAN wrote: »
    Use with confidence. A great service.

Also look at transferwise, an alternative. I think it's quicker to set up and get an account activated with them, as they don't require you to post a scan of your passport.

Will I need to scan passports with currency fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,758 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I did. May have changed since I joined though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Have used CF for a few years and find them great. Best rate best transfer fees and no hassle once set up. Dont forget you have to notify CF once you initiate a transfer so they know its coming. All pretty straight forward then and pretty quick overnight in Aus once its in CF.
    If you have worries just do a few smaller transfers to spread it out but you should have no concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zwemnaar

Hi Guys,

I wish to set up a currencyfair account. Does someone want to refer me? I think there is an offer where both the refer and referee get €15 and a free trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

pm sent

Advertisement