Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMIT vs LIT....advice needed please.

Options
  • 05-06-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all!

Can members who have done either of these answer some questions for me please?

I am starting as a mature student and have been offered a place in two courses.
    1) GMIT - Business in Event Management with Public Relations
    2) LIT - Music Technology & Production

GMIT
    - Are there much music related modules in the course? If so what does it cover?
    - Are there opportunities to set up music events?
    - Out of the 3 themes covered (Event Management, PR and Business) are they evenly split? i.e. is there more practical of setting up a music event than let's say accounting or H.R. Management studies?
    - Did you do 6 month work placement abroad? Where, what and how did you organise it?
    - Since completing the course was it easy to find jobs in this sector and if so what have you done?

LIT
    - How much event management is on the course? What's covered?
    - Is work placement part of the course? How long is it and do the college set it up?
    - What is the 'music' module in year 3?
    - What are the details of electronics physics?
    - What have you done since completing the course?

Sorry for all the questions but can't find too much info on either course so any help is greatly appreciated, thank you. :)

Advertisement