Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are mortgage brokers still broking?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time time poster.

I've tried contacting two professional seeming mortgage brokers by email, web form and phone over the last week. Neither has returned my emails.

Do brokers will transact mortgage business in Ireland?

Can anyone recommend a good broker? Are you a good one?!

Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Yes there are plenty of Mortgage Brokers in Ireland. You can check on the Central Bank website for firms regulated by the Central Bank. Some charge fees others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EGavigan

I'd say there are more mortgage broker websites than there are mortgage brokers at this stage, hence the lack of replies to your emails. The company I work for used to do them but stopped as this part of the business died a death in 2008. Some banks pulled away from brokers and the remainder reduced their commissions. Coupled with the end of the building boom and the cessation of lending, there wasn't much left to do. Rather than get a broker I believe you would be better off getting someone to advise you but make the application yourself (with the advisors help).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Search for user killers on this site. Not used his services but nothing but positive comments on the forums here. No connection with the guy either.

Advertisement