Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App vs Website - showing different figures

Options
  • 05-06-2015 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

Why does the BOI App show a different balance compared to the 365 website?

For example, the app says I have X credit available on my Credit Card but if I log in online, it shows Y credit.

Are they using different sources?

Which service is the most up-to-date?

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Reps,

Why does the BOI App show a different balance compared to the 365 website?

For example, the app says I have X credit available on my Credit Card but if I log in online, it shows Y credit.

Are they using different sources?

Which service is the most up-to-date?

Regards,
    Hi Remy Fresh Nail, 

Thanks for your post.

Our Web Team are aware of this difference and are working on updating this in the near future to resolve the differences.

The difference in Online, Tablet and our Mobile App is due to timing differences between when the data of each of these are updated.

Please note that this does not impact on the underlying balance or transaction records for your credit card.

You would have seen the transactions on your mobile and not online as the update on the mobile app currently happens earlier than on 365 online or our tablet app.

I hope this helps clarify,

Janette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thank you clarifying Janette.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the two aren't synced. You should also have that info clearly stated on the app and online.

I checked my account last night and again this morning. so after 12 hours there was still the difference.

How long does it take the website to update after the app is updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Thank you clarifying Janette.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the two aren't synced. You should also have that info clearly stated on the app and online.

I checked my account last night and again this morning. so after 12 hours there was still the difference.

How long does it take the website to update after the app is updated?
    Hi Remy Fresh Nail, 

We'll look into this for you and let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Janette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

15 hours later and the website has still not been updated. 

Do I have to wait until tomorrow, or the next working day for it to update on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

15 hours later and the website has still not been updated. 

Do I have to wait until tomorrow, or the next working day for it to update on the website?
    Hi Remy Fresh Nail,

The balance should update on 365 Online overnight. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement