Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD cloning

Options
  • 05-06-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

whats the best program to use to when replacing a hard drive, i have my OS on a SSD but my HDD is almost full and i have new HDD ready to go and want to migrate every thing on it, mostly just games and media

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Diskpart. It's a DOS utility in Windows. Should let you clone everything no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont bother.

Unless theres and OS on the disk then the bitmapping doesnt matter, so a simple copy-paste in windows and then changing the drive label will work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ED E wrote: »
    Dont bother.

Unless theres and OS on the disk then the bitmapping doesnt matter, so a simple copy-paste in windows and then changing the drive label will work perfectly.

when i'm doing a big copy like that i dont really trust windows to do it properly :pac:

i use unstoppable copier
    http://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29

Advertisement