Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Geography - Both levels - 5th June***

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Tables wrote: »
    I wasn't "talking up" my essay, I was using it as a comparison. He said his content was to a high standard, i said mine was too. He said his answer was just over 2 pages, I said mine was 4.5 and that I expect my answer to be getting the 80 marks. As I haven't read his answer to tell him how many marks he got he could use what I told him to try and gauge how he did.

So like it's still possible to get 80/80 from two pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Leitrim96 wrote: »

that's all i wrote and i did the same last year and when i viewed my script i got 75/80 so don't worry about the length of the essay just the quality of what you wrote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tables

Leitrim96 wrote: »

I can't see it being long enough to have the necessary amount of SRPs but stranger things have happened. Definitely enough to get into the 60+.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kelly8249

that's all i wrote and i did the same last year and when i viewed my script i got 75/80 so don't worry about the length of the essay just the quality of what you wrote :)

Besides, everyone's writing is different! There's people in my class who take up a page for a 30m, and I use 3 pages, writing exactly the same thing because my writing is enormous!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

You're a hero. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Tzashi wrote: »
    hey anyone know what a geo was in the short questions?

A collpased blow hole to the edge of the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

I only write 2-2.5 pages for my geoecology 80 markers and I got 78/80 on my leaving last year, 75/80 on my mocks this year and im expecting atleast 78/80 again this year because I knew every single SRP for the human interaction with soils question. Only people who write more then 2-2.5 are the ones doing global interdependence, had a look at some of the essays for it in my revision book and they're like 4 pages long

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uzpuz

Tables wrote: »
    4m for identifying the aspect, 3 aspects 12 marks leaving 48 marks to be gotten by srps, that's 16 SRPs required for each aspect. Then the 20 for OC. That's how it is marked. To get them 20 marks they want you to talk about more than 1 region for the biome so for tropical rainforest you would talk about the Amazon, Congo and South Asia. That's something no one does which brings it down to the 17 marks straight away. No hope is hell anyone is getting 16 SRPs for each aspect if they do 2 pages. 48 srps should be around 4 pages.

Did you talk about climate and soils in a general sense before going into plants and animals adaptations for each one?

I wrote 3 aspects, soils and flora and fauna. But for each aspect I included many points relating to climatic impact and its features. I didn't write about climate as a separate aspect. Would that do? I tried to keep my answer specific to question and I did to some extent but I feel it may not have been enough. I did have enough points made. I hope the exakiner isn't too stringent on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ozymandiusm8

anybody do culture and identity question :P

Yeah, I done that one about how language, religion and nationality can be part of someone's identity. I honestly didn't study the optional section in too much detail so I relied on just about everything I could remember. I wrote about Ireland in terms of the differences between the North and South (Catholics, protestants, nationalist, unionist) and the Gaeltacht for language.
    Then I spoke about Sudan and the differences between the religions and their languages, then Yugoslavia and how each state has different religions, languages, etc. I manage to get four pages but a lot of it was waffle.

Advertisement