Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi problem

Options
  • 05-06-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi folks, i recently got a monitored house alarm fitted and since then the wi-fi signal does not seem to be as strong as it was before. Is there anything i can get to boost the signal? any ideas much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

fabvinny wrote: »
    Hi folks, i recently got a monitored house alarm fitted and since then the wi-fi signal does not seem to be as strong as it was before. Is there anything i can get to boost the signal? any ideas much appreciated.

i assume you got pir sensors ya?

they can play havoc with wi-fi radio signals

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i assume you got pir sensors ya?

they can play havoc with wi-fi radio signals

yes i have those sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

AFAIK only hybrid (pir + radar) sensors can cause this type of problem as the radar signal is in the 2.4GHz range which WiFi operates at.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The other option, less likely but possible, is if your alarm is phone line based and you have DSL (eircom/Sky/Vodafone/Pure/Magnet) then the idiots may have fitted it unfiltered. But most are GSM based now, so thats not as common.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sfbonner

Change your WiFi settings on access point to operate in 5Ghz as long as all your devices can work in that mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement