Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland in Europe 2015, mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Oat23 wrote: »

watching their manger celebrating he looked a bit like this guy
    fLeNA.jpg
    from Bulgaria '94 era

Bolger should have been alive to the runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Disappointed to go in level at the break, i thought we were the better team in that first half.

There's definitely more goals there for us, i think Christy Fagan can nick one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

North was just on the bench to fill a space because we've so many out injured. He wasn't fit and probably won't be for next week either.

As a fellow member of the rounder shape, when has North ever been fit...

• Advertisement

2-1 Riga Disappointing.

Riga are very dangerous on the counter. Going to be interesting next week.

http://www.streamable.com/t9e3

Ah Christ. Hope away goal proves vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

We've faded a bit in this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Oat23 wrote: »
    2-1 Riga Disappointing.

Riga are very dangerous on the counter. Going to be interesting next week.

http://www.streamable.com/t9e3

That was terrible. Still, a classic turn around is on the cards for their home game I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Lack of conviction about Pats. They really should have more than one away goal.

The Skonto lads really love the tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

1-1 so far between City and Reykjavik. Bennett scoring for city. Thats the away goal given away then.:(

corny wrote: »
    Lack of conviction about Pats. They really should have more than one away goal.

The Skonto lads really love the tackle.

Good God they were filthy. Hopefully we can do the business back in Richmond next week. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Godot. wrote: »
    UCD are so rubbish they wouldn't even score against the Luxembourg mob, never mind beat them
    :pac::pac::pac:
    1-0 up at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

1-0 up at half time.

Looks like we'll be Waiting for Godot......to reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City play like we did 2nd half we getting beaten. Though I can see KR sitting back and being more than happy with 1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Fair play to UCD.

Odds BK thrashed Sheriff. Didn't see that coming, given the difference in coefficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fair play to UCD. Thats a super result for them and with no away goal conceded.

Delighted for UCD!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Anybody at the UCD game? How'd they play?

That.
    Was.
    Fcuking.
    AMAZING!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bridge93 wrote: »

Like Celtic warrior poets. :)

That.
    Was.
    Fcuking.
    AMAZING!!!!!

Delighted for ye. Well done!

I was supposed to have a bet on UCD tonight actually, but I forgot. Any idea what the odds were again? I want to say it was around 8/1 last week :(

I was also supposed to put something on Cork as well though, so it all evens out in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Think UCD were 5/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Congrats UCD, great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Meh, could gone either of way at Cross, but should had Peno.

Still not over.

Well done UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Imagine if UCD were the only Irish club to get through to the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Big congrats to UCD. Poor results all around other than that IMO.

Pats should never have lost that game, and should have more than 1 away goal.
    Rovers are in a precarious position with no away goal going into the 2nd leg next week.
    Cork need to score in Iceland. I really think Caulfield's tactics will not be suitable and I see Cork as the favourites to go out.

But saying that, hopefully all three can turn it around and we get at least 2 teams into the next round!

SantryRed wrote: »
    Cork need to score in Iceland. I really think Caulfield's tactics will not be suitable and I see Cork as the favourites to go out.

It's those Icelandic pr*cks always camping in their own half when they come to the cross. Happened a few times this season already.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Like Celtic warrior poets. :)

Did you go to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dennehy and O'Sullivan scrapping after the match by the looks of things. Lucky not to be sent off. Silly boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SantryRed wrote: »

Dennehy decided to hit a free kick from 30 yards and almost cleared the stand. Sullivan was annoyed and was giving lip over it. Darren Dennehy ran in then but someone else dragged them apart. Darren ran down the tunnel gesturing at Sullivan to join him.

Handbags and these things happen. Probably the most entertaining part of a pretty piss poor performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glad to see some passion.

Billy is waste of space though recently for us. His piss poor performances far out weigh his good ones, boy do I miss Horgan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Billy is a bit of a donkey at times and tonight he certainly was. Sullivan was far more of a physical presence than O'Flynn. Still in it but should have won had we performed a little better.
    Pats away goal gives them a fair chance

Delighted for UCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Think UCD were 5/1.
    5/1 with most good bookies,11/2 and sixes with some crowds you wouldnt bet on a fart with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fair play to all the Irish, but well done especially to UCD, did us proud.
    And to think many thought they'd make us look bad tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Was at the UCD game, 1-0 by no means flattered them, even if Dudelange dominated possession and had more attempts. Unlucky not to be taking a two-goal cushion over there - will be very tough but it's doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

City really should have won that last night, a very frustrating night but small comfort in that we know we can be better for the second leg. Being underdogs and having to score will suit us but we are obviously still favourites to go out.

Unreal stuff from UCD.

Played exceptionally well I thought. We rode our luck at times, especially in the first half when they hit the post and Corbett made some great saves.
    In the second half though, the value of summer football was apparent. Their players really seemed to tire and we had some great chances to get another. Benson forced a great save from their keeper, Watts hit the crossbar and there was a goalmouth scramble where the ball could've gone anywhere.
    Just over 1000 at it. Never seen such a large "home" crowd at the Bowl (obviously there was a sizeable number of other teams' fans).
    Can't wait for next week's away game. Dudelange will still be favourites to progress, but if we can manage a scuttery away goal it would make it very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Played exceptionally well I thought. We rode our luck at times, especially in the first half when they hit the post and Corbett made some great saves.
    In the second half though, the value of summer football was apparent. Their players really seemed to tire and we had some great chances to get another. Benson forced a great save from their keeper, Watts hit the crossbar and there was a goalmouth scramble where the ball could've gone anywhere.
    Just over 1000 at it. Never seen such a large "home" crowd at the Bowl (obviously there was a sizeable number of other teams' fans).
    Can't wait for next week's away game. Dudelange will still be favourites to progress, but if we can manage a scuttery away goal it would make it very interesting.

Are you going to head over?

I love the way they set about them the first twenty minutes physically and the effort levels throughout. A performance of real heart and determination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Think UCD have a fine chance of progressing actually.

Dundalk face the toughest task

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Glad to see some passion.

Billy is waste of space though recently for us. His piss poor performances far out weigh his good ones, boy do I miss Horgan
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Billy is a bit of a donkey at times and tonight he certainly was.

And he's still been our biggest threat going forward. Plenty of assists, including last night, and a few goals. 9 goals and 13 assists for the season in all competitions except the Munster Senior Cup (10 and 17 including it). Bad decision with the free at the end, but another time that could've went in top corner and he'd go from being a donkey to a footballing genius.

Disappointing result, but I didn't think the disallowed goal should've been ruled out and we could've had a penalty, as well. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet or scoring twice out there. I'd say we'll lose 2-1. We really needed a lead going into it. KR were decent and they'll step it up at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

monkey9 wrote: »
    Good God they were filthy. Hopefully we can do the business back in Richmond next week. Should be a cracking atmosphere.
    The two goals Pats conceded were muck - schoolboy stuff. If they can keep it tight next week they should progress. Badly need Christy to rediscover last season's form.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Are you going to head over?

I love the way they set about them the first twenty minutes physically and the effort levels throughout. A performance of real heart and determination.
    Yeah I'm heading over. May never get the chance again.

Funny thing is that we brought 15 fans to Cabinteely (5km from UCD) if I remember correctly. As of last night, there were just under 30 fans confirmed as going to Luxembourg next week (1000km from Dublin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Quick google tells me F91 are a half decent minnow team. Been winner or runner up in their league in 15 of the last 17 years (11 wins) and had 5 players in the most recent Luxembourg squad. Makes it all the more impressive a result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Quick google tells me F91 are a half decent minnow team. Been winner or runner up in their league in 15 of the last 17 years (11 wins) and had 5 players in the most recent Luxembourg squad. Makes it all the more impressive a result!
    Yep – a good example of how a side can be of a much higher standard than their league’s ranking might suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

UCD goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never good getting a text during a match from your kid telling you to put your top back on :o

Should have beat them, we died on our arses after an hour and Bucko made some stupid decisions which I hope dont cost us. They put in a few tasty tackles and went striaght for Brennan and Bolger who impressively didnt punch or kick somone.

Hoare out for 6 weeks, Fagan unknown.

Thats pretty much all I remember from the last 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Never good getting a text during a match from your kid telling you to put your top back on :o.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Crusaders tru even without a manager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement