Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, Mod Note in OP 7/6

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Ffs it's the women's WC!!! Hardly something to write about. Sure let the foolish have their fun. We'll all enjoy a laugh from the outside, bc again that's what they are good for, making a laughing stock of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Ffs it's the women's WC!!! Hardly something to write about. Sure let the foolish have their fun. We'll all enjoy a laugh from the outside, bc again that's what they are good for, making a laughing stock of themselves.

It obviously means the Women's game.

Look, I don't want to get into this whole debate about the English cricket team not having any English players!

C'mon japan...... I would say if I cared enough about it, but I don't.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah the men's game and the women's game are incomparable.

One is full of moany wingebags who can't stay on their feet and cry when they break a nail. The other is women's football.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Look, I don't want to get into this whole debate about the English cricket team not having any English players!

C'mon japan...... I would say if I cared enough about it, but I don't.

You care enough about it to post many times about it? :confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    You care enough about it to post many times about it? :confused:

Bored.... So may as well post on a boring thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Because we're crap and dont qualify, like the mens game?

We certainly occupy the high ground, thats for sure :rolleyes:

Look as I said, I not getting into how the English cricket team has no English players.......

You lot.....lol.... See how you can make ppl laugh at you! Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brilliant stuff there. Truly brilliant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bored.... So may as well post on a boring thread.

You "may as well" take 3 months off for continued trolling and ignoring mod instructions. Please try and find other ways to handle your boredom when you return.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hahaha, don't think people should worry yet! I think England are slight underdogs for Semi final but would be absolutely massive underdogs if they got passed Japan. The other semi teams are a huge jump in class from what England have appeared capable of.

It was a very good win and well deserved based on the second half in defence. But I didn't think they played well with the ball after about 30 minutes onwards and let Canada back into it. I think they are far too quick to drop back and hold what they have. It should have cost them in the first half against Norway too.

Jodie Taylor was excellent, hard to believe she was left out in the cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

england v japan live tonight on bbc1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spain are playing France in the U17's on Eurosport so it's a good warm up for the semi later. Some of the goalkeeping has been outstanding and same in the Germany v Switzerland game. Switzerland scored a great goal in the final minute (79th minute) to beat Germany 1-0.

Edit: Just jinxed the Spanish goalkeeper. She dropped an easy ball and France scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Best of luck to the English Women tonight.
    A good few gunners on the team.

Fingers crossed for the Lionesses!

They seem like a decent bunch the England team, regardless of result, I hope they give it a real go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

efb wrote: »
    Best of luck to the English Women tonight.
    A good few gunners on the team.

Wasn't the captain of England a Arsenal player but went off for the money at Man City??. I think their are one or two others who are ex Arsenal players in the first tea along with the ones who are still playing with Arsenal. Good luck to them. It seems the press and TV (they've got a spot BBC 1) have jumped on the bandwagon after they made the Semi Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The Japanese seem very self-assured. I was a neutral but now I think I'll be hoping for a win from England.

Height could make a difference. England need to score first, Japan seem more than able to keep the ball and wear a team out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

How long are the halves. Japan's manager is a bit cocky

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Wasn't the captain of England a Arsenal player but went off for the money at Man City??. I think their are one or two others who are ex Arsenal players in the first tea along with the ones who are still playing with Arsenal. Good luck to them. It seems the press and TV (they've got a spot BBC 1) have jumped on the bandwagon after they made the Semi Finals.

In fairness to the BBC they have covered every game. BBC 3 and Red Button for the early games, now they are on the main channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Um.... Is the standard of football normally this bad?

Mezcita wrote: »
    Um.... Is the standard of football normally this bad?

Compared to what?

England's gameplan is obvious to see, trying to get the CF into the holes behind the two full backs. However, they're almost too fixated on it, as they've got in some great positions in the middle, but still looked for that pass.

Compared to what?

Gentleman's football.

Gentleman's football.

Oh dear, I thought you might have been bench-marking this game against another one in this tournament but you'd prefer to compare it to men's football.

The internet has plenty of places where you can learn the differences between men and women if that type of thing confuses you.

• Advertisement

Why did she go near her there? She'd made it back . Very silly.

Only turned it on about 5 mins ago,which England keeper is in goal? What was the outcome of the eye injury the other day, still blamed on the grass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Outside the box.

The officiating is abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Silly pen to give away, no need for it. She had already miscontrolled so the danger was low.

That's that then

Oh dear, I thought you might have been bench-marking this game against another one in this tournament but you'd prefer to compare it to men's football.

The internet has plenty of places where you can learn the differences between men and women if that type of thing confuses you.

Bullshi.t but bravo on the "oh yes you did!" response.

When I watch Serena take on somebody in tennis she looks every inch the professional world class player. The same goes for Katy Taylor or any number of sportswomen at the top of their game. These players are professional, playing in the semi finals of a world cup but the standard of play is awful.

Anyway, enjoy.

• Advertisement

Peno :D

EDIT: Great hit. 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Defo peno....

Edit... Maybe not?

Defo peno.

Defo very generous peno.

Serena .. Katy Taylor.

Neither would last long against the equivalent men because men and women are not the same.

Google 'differences between men and women' if you're still confused.

Horrendous refereeing again.

Never a pen.

Neither would last long against the equivalent men because men and women are not the same.

Google 'differences between men and women' if you're still confused.

Sexist.

BBC unsurprisingly biased.

Trevor Sinclair started to say soft penalty as they began, but thought better of it by the end. He valued his balls more than honesty.

I hope Japan thump them now just for this 'analysis' alone.

Sexist.

Serena(and Venus) already tried.

"a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[29] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams, aged 17 and 16 respectively, had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked below 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[30] Braasch first took on Serena and beat her 6–1. He then played Venus and won 6–2.[31] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance." He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun.""

Karsten Braasch? No, me either.

Great strike of the ball.

Ooooo. Thought that was in there for a sec. 3 good chances for englan in a couple of mins. Might end up regretting not putting one away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Right at the end England score... an own-goal :pac:

What a sickening end for them. Og with 13 secs to go.

Ball could have gone anywhere but it goes in off the underside of the bar.

Cruel ending.

Tough on England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Trevor Sinclair talkinf some waffle, englands first was a peno and japans was not:rolleyes: typical english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Terrible way to go out of a WC semi. That poor girl will be running over that interception for many years to come.

Thought England were the better team, should have won in the 2nd half.

Neither of the penalties was a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Harsh on England.

Kamikaze defending. If they can iron out those mistakes they'll do well in the future.

Don't think either penalty was a penalty but in real time, they both looked penalties, don't really blame the ref tbh. Sinclair's attempts at justification for England's was risible. No way did the ref see that, she gave for it a pull back that looked right at first sight.

Pearce was awful commentating, judging the referees and assistants while being just as wrong, 'clear penalty' at first sight according to him. I don't think he was biased as such, because he always does it in any game.

Very harsh way to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Strange listening to how different the commentary is on a womans game compared to what we normally listen to every week.

How often did he mention a players sister or family, meeting players whilst out a walk?

• Advertisement

Well that was disappointing but it has been a good tournament for England, and the women's game in England, it will be interesting to see if there's a bump in the FA cup final crowd now after this. Hopefully there is.

Comment and analysis was crap but no surprise, and it was biased, but so what, that's what I want from a national broadcaster. You'd get the same worldwide from other national broadcasters, this just happened to be the coverage people in Ireland watched it on, that's not the BBC's fault. Hoping a team loses because of half time analysis is a new one on me. Baffling.

Anyway for the Lionesses its onto the most pointless game in the world cup, the 3rd place play off. Can't see anything other than a convincing German win.

Hopefully Japan can win the final now.

Advertisement