Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian dollars

• 05-06-2015 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Travelling to canada next tues. Need some dollars. My bank is Aib whosay it will wednesday before they have any.

Any others be quicker does anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Can you not simply draw them from an ATM when you get there?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think the Post Office does CAD these days. BOI keep a stock in branches also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Have you a credit union account? If you have you can order online from Fexco and get then delivered to your credit union next day. My local one has this service anyway and there is a long list of them on the Fexco site that offer it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi
    Travelling to canada next tues. Need some dollars. My bank is Aib whosay it will wednesday before they have any.

Any others be quicker does anyone know?

You are far better off using your debit card / ATM card / credit card when you get to Canada. The charges / margins on getting local currency in cash are much higher than using your card when you get to Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I plan on using my debit card as much as possible but would like 30 or 40 dollars a day in cash... Prob too late now anyway! Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

No1Currency in Dublin does them, 0% commission. In $20 or $50. Fantastic service, much better rate than anywhere. Also open all day Sunday I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Dr Nic wrote: »
    I plan on using my debit card as much as possible but would like 30 or 40 dollars a day in cash... Prob too late now anyway! Thanks anyway

Why? You can take this money out when you get to Canada. Worst case, just bring some euros which you can exchange in an emergency situation.
    No1Currency in Dublin does them, 0% commission. In $20 or $50. Fantastic service, much better rate than anywhere. Also open all day Sunday I believe.

Huh? The online rates on their website are shocking. 10% buy/sell spread margin. Truly shocking. Again, you are much better off using you card. With my Tesco credit card I get close to spot rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Just wondering what you did in the end.. in a similar situation and didn't pre-order!

Advertisement