Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xbox Softmod

Options
  • 05-06-2015 2:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can you guys point me in the right direction as to a guide for softmodding an Original Xbox?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Can you guys point me in the right direction as to a guide for softmodding an Original Xbox?

I still have about 5 of these all modded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Posted this in the Xbox section, silly me, but on the same topic I posted....

'So, anyone on boards have one of these USB flash drives that work with the original Xbox to use with a splinter cell game save? Willing to give me a lend of it? Please? Pretty please?

Can't find one for months.'

Cheeky, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Posted this in the Xbox section, silly me, but on the same topic I posted....

'So, anyone on boards have one of these USB flash drives that work with the original Xbox to use with a splinter cell game save? Willing to give me a lend of it? Please? Pretty please?

Can't find one for months.'

Cheeky, I know.

I wouldn't be willing to lend you one but I can point you in the right direction to buy one. You can buy them on Ebay. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xbox-original-USB-socket-adapter-female-MAME-XBMC-controller-port-cable-cord-/271839119903?hash=item3f4adfca1f

jonny24ie wrote: »

Here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/easy-way-to-softmod-an-original-xbox-usb-noob-friendly.1090166/

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be willing to lend you one but I can point you in the right direction to buy one. You can buy them on Ebay. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xbox-original-USB-socket-adapter-female-MAME-XBMC-controller-port-cable-cord-/271839119903?hash=item3f4adfca1f

Thanks but I have one of those already. I'm looking for one of the thumb drives, every one I've tried just doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks but I have one of those already. I'm looking for one of the thumb drives, every one I've tried just doesn't work.

I'm not a soft modder and to be honest, hard modding an original xbox is simple and if it's soldering that you are put off by, you can install a chip without doing this. Mine is going strong for a very long time.

Here is a soft mod guide that might work for you.

http://m.instructables.com/id/The-Easiest-Way-To-Soft-Mod-An-Original-XBOX/?ALLSTEPS

amadablam wrote: »
    I'm not a soft modder and to be honest, hard modding an original xbox is simple and if it's soldering that you are put off by, you can install a chip without doing this. Mine is going strong for a very long time.

http://m.instructables.com/id/The-Easiest-Way-To-Soft-Mod-An-Original-XBOX/?ALLSTEPS

Yup that's the guide I was using. That's all well and good but, I need an old USB flash/thumb drive to do the soft mod. All the old USB sticks I have don't work at all, so I'm asking if anyone on here has a USB thumb stick thingy that works I could use to transfer the save file over.

I have the Xbox, original controller, a modded USB to Xbox cable, a hard drive for the xbox, but no USB stick, I need a USB stick. Very hard to find one that works without spending a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Yup that's the guide I was using. That's all well and good but, I need an old USB flash/thumb drive to do the soft mod. All the old USB sticks I have don't work at all, so I'm asking if anyone on here has a USB thumb stick thingy that works I could use to transfer the save file over.

I have the Xbox, original controller, a modded USB to Xbox cable, a hard drive for the xbox, but no USB stick, I need a USB stick. Very hard to find one that works without spending a small fortune.

As I said, Im no soft modder :D

Ive modded plenty of consoles but if you are having no luck with a USB soft mod, you could try and pick up a Xenium gold chip, they go for €10 ish and are simple to install.

Well, I just tried my psp to transfer the files over and it worked! Had no idea I could use the memory card in a psp!

So after I did that I realised I can't find either of the two copies of splinter cell I had a few months ago, looking for hours. So I bought it for 50¢ with a postal charge of €4.95 😬. So now I have to wait.

• Advertisement

A 2gb Sandisk microSD and a cheap basic microSD reader. I've always used the microSD reader's that comes with the R4 cards and it's never failed.

amadablam wrote: »

That tutorial will not work, it's only for NTSC game exploits. If he is in Ireland he needs a PAL region game exploit.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I used this method lots of times with no issues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404&highlight=xbmc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Does anyone have a compatible USB stick going either for sale or a loan? I just need it for the softmod. I have the adapter for the controller and the Splinter Cell game but I have had no luck with getting hold of a compatible USB.

Does anyone have a compatible USB stick going either for sale or a loan? I just need it for the softmod. I have the adapter for the controller and the Splinter Cell game but I have had no luck with getting hold of a compatible USB.

Use a PSP, any model will do. Just load the hack onto a PSP, plug into the usb on the Xbox and it will be recognised as a USB stick.

Very hard to find a USB stick that works now a days. Believe me, I spent months looking until I figured this out.

Use a PSP, any model will do. Just load the hack onto a PSP, plug into the usb on the Xbox and it will be recognised as a USB stick.

Very hard to find a USB stick that works now a days. Believe me, I spent months looking until I figured this out.

I don't have a PSP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Do you not use a Xbox memory card that plugs in to the controller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Its a 1GB one, its got the splinter cell stuff on it I think.
    Does anyone still need one to borrow?

bricks wrote: »
    Its a 1GB one, its got the splinter cell stuff on it I think.
    Does anyone still need one to borrow?

Hi pal,

I am still looking for one. I would love to borrow it from you. Will send you a PM. :)

Advertisement