Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car hire - Italy (Sardinia)

• 05-06-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Anyone got any valuable information re hiring a car in Sardinia.

I know they try and force the CDW etc on you as extras on arrival. But is it possible to put the excess on your credit card?

Also - have read about getting excess cover before travelling; for about 3.50 Euro a day. Anyone any tips on this and also - is it a good idea?

Finally. Anyone ever manage to get it with an additional driver - but add the driver at another airport/office? I am arriving alone, but meeting with a friend. I have a quote for Free additional Driver - but I don't think it'll be possible to buy this and then ask that he gets added when i pick him up at a different airport the next day.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Finally. Anyone ever manage to get it with an additional driver - but add the driver at another airport/office? I am arriving alone, but meeting with a friend. I have a quote for Free additional Driver - but I don't think it'll be possible to buy this and then ask that he gets added when i pick him up at a different airport the next day.

I can see all sorts of reasons why that wouldn't be possible but why not bring his driving licence (and maybe a photocopy of the photo page of his passport) with you and have him added to the original rental agreement when you're picking up the car? They may insist that he show up in person in which case you can ask if it can be done at a different office but that's at least worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭oirishfruitie

coylemj wrote: »
    I can see all sorts of reasons why that wouldn't be possible but why not bring his driving licence (and maybe a photocopy of the photo page of his passport) with you and have him added to the original rental agreement when you're picking up the car? They may insist that he show up in person in which case you can ask if it can be done at a different office but that's at least worth trying.

From what I remember with car hire around the world, drivers need to be present for signature

Advertisement