Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dogs no longer getting on

• 05-06-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

We have a 15 month old dog and my in laws have a three year old. They are the same breed. My mil minds our fella when we're in work so they've been together almost daily since ours was a couple of months old. They've always got on and been fine together. Played a lot, had their moments where they needed to be separated but on the whole were best buds. There've been a few changes in last while. I've been working from home full time for the last six weeks so our dog has been staying here. They still see each other but would be only once or twice a week and for much shorter periods. About four weeks ago our lad was neutered. He had an undescended testicle so it was medically advised. The older fella is intact. Recently they can't be together. The older fella keeps sniffing around our lads bits and he doesn't react well at all. He growls at him and bares his teeth. The sniffing is quite persistent and intense and it's also constant from the time they are in the same room but not sure why the reaction is so bad. I will be going back to work next year so they will need to be together again but at the minute, we are having to separate them completely. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

They are both males
    you have taken your dog away from your MIL's dog on a daily basis
    Your dog has been recently neutered
    Your dog is reaching maturity
    Lots going on...
    Someone with more knowledge/experience will no doubt get back to you on this, but with all those changes, there is a bit going on with the two dogs, so dont worry for now. Its hard when you have a lovely set up with family dog sitting, so dont panic for now - some of the behaviour knowlegable folks will have some suggestions no doubt
    What breed are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

They are both shelties

Advertisement