Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating to Dublin from the UK

Options
  • 05-06-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys

I'm a 26 year old female nurse relocating from London to Dublin in July, was just wondering if anybody had any tips or wisdom to pass on :)

I am Irish by birth (orginally from Coolock, for my sins haha) however have lived in the UK since I was 3, so this will be a new experience for me.

I am thinking of living in the city centre, the same as I have been doing for the last year in London. My new job will be in Whitehall so I was thinking either Dublin 1 or anywhere central north of the river, however I am not opposed to the southside.

I obviously have family in Dublin so I will know some people but is it easy to meet new people/make new friends in the city, like are there people who will be similar position to me? London is obviously a very easy city to meet other young professionals so hoping for a similar experience in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you wish, I can move this thread to boards.ie > Regional > East > Dublin City

Don1988 wrote: »
    I am thinking of living in the city centre, the same as I have been doing for the last year in London. My new job will be in Whitehall so I was thinking either Dublin 1 or anywhere central north of the river, however I am not opposed to the southside.

I would suggest you look at Drumcondra (Dublin 9). There is a supply of rented accommodation, a variety of shop, etc. it's not to far from work and its not far from the city centre. Be aware that parts of Dublin 1 can be quite rough. Southside means travelling further and crossing the city centre.

For transport, put your exact locations (home and work) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Don1988

Thanks!

Yes, please move it

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Move from Accommodation & Property. Please note the new charter.

Advertisement