Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else had this problem with hardwareversand?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

I placed an order on Tuesday, it came to €947, the only option they gave me was "prepayment" which I was happy with, just assuming it meant the likes of PayPal. I got an email with a bank account asking me to transfer the money by bank transfer. I immediately sent an email back asking to pay with PayPal or some form of credit card. I heard nothing so decided to call them today.

I was told that because it was my first order I couldn't pay for anything over €500 with PayPal. I asked him if there was any way around this, even paying by credit card over the phone, he said there wasn't. I asked what would happen if I put in an order for under €500 and then put in a second order for the rest. He said that he doesn't know. I said alright. and asked him to cancel my original order.

I went back to the website, got an order of €492 including shipping and and tried to pay for it, once again no PayPal. I removed items one by one until it was just the cheapest thing left in the basket at about €15 and still no other payment options. So I just went ahead with the order, as I still hadn't seen an option for PayPal maybe it came right at the end? it didn't. So I gave them another call, this one was a bit frustrating. The man kept repeating that this order was not possible to pay with PayPal, when I asked him why not he just repeated it's not possible. I pointed out that their website said they accept PayPal and credit cards, he agreed that it did. I asked him why I couldn't pay by PayPal or credit card, he said it's not possible for this order. I asked him what's so special about this order, why couldn't it be paid by PayPal, he said he didn't know. I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to and he said no. He kept asking me if I would like to cancel the order. In the end I just said goodbye and hung up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Why not just do the bank transfer?

You know paypal has a 3.5% fee which amounts to over €30 on your initial order. Kinda defeats the purpose of using HWVS to save money in the first place.

There is a 50c fee for a bank transfer and it's just as easy as paypal with online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

BloodBath wrote: »
    Why not just do the bank transfer?

You know paypal has a 3.5% fee which amounts to over €30 on your initial order. Kinda defeats the purpose of using HWVS to save money in the first place.

There is a 50c fee for a bank transfer and it's just as easy as paypal with online banking.

Because I don't have the cash, I'm paying by credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Ah ok, well can you not put cash into your bank account from your CC to do the bank transfer with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

BloodBath wrote: »
    Ah ok, well can you not put cash into your bank account from your CC to do the bank transfer with?

It feels like that might have been an option (not sure it's possible) until I just got the run around on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i bought stuff in january coming to just under 400 euro was my first order with them and i paid my paypal, bought stuff last night and paid by bank transfer and got the email today its shipped

• Advertisement
Advertisement