Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Maths Paper 1 - Higher Level - June 5th***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Kremin wrote: »
    I just wrote what you have to do to get from -x-5 or whatever to the point of inflextion and then added it to the point of inflection, we never did that... so hopefully a few attempt marks.

Yeah I added their co-ordinates. Looked at it and was like, nope! That's wrong!
    sdio wrote: »
    Anyone else get (x,y) for the image?

Someone said to me after it that's what they got. I'd say that's the likely answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Exam paper's up on examinations.ie, I'm tempted to have a look at the ordinary level one because it was supposedly quite difficult.

Edit: Nevermind, a walk in the park compared to today's.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Looks like 299/300 for you!

Are there gold medals awarded for maths for a flawless result or is that just Applied Maths and Accounting?

Hahha I'd say I'll lose 3 for a numerical slip at the end or something... really 300 was an over estimation, I'm guessing I got around 290 or 285... Still, only need 250 in paper 2 for an A1 which is all I really want.

Someone said to me after it that's what they got. I'd say that's the likely answer.

that's what I got!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sdio

Did anyone else find the financial question part (b) hard? I used the amortisation formula with P = 80280 and t = 120.

• Advertisement

sdio wrote: »
    Did anyone else find the financial question part (b) hard? I used the amortisation formula with P = 80280 and t = 120.

Why P=80280? Was it not 80,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NLPcrunchy

Payments didn't start until one month after?

Well I thought because he only starts paying 1 month after he gets the loan.

That's an assumption regarding the amortisation formula, that it does start one month/year after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

That's an assumption regarding the amortisation formula, that it does start one month/year after.

So 818 is the right answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

I'm actually so relieved by the paper today! I'd absolutely love to get an A1 so fingers crossed!
    I just hope paper two is as nice as today's paper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

Here is my solution: http://prntscr.com/7dhn6y

Let me know if I messed up

I got the same answer as you but my decimal place was one place to the right. Whichever one of us got it wrong will lose 1 maybe 3 marks I reckon.

dazzadazza wrote: »
    I got the same answer as you but my decimal place was one place to the right. Whichever one of us got it wrong will lose 1 maybe 3 marks I reckon.

His is right, I think yours is in millimeters, did you convert 1mm to 1/10cm?

So 818 is the right answer?

IIRC, yes. There's nothing tricky in the question, just 80000 into the formula.

Full question 8
    U1CMjhq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

His is right, I think yours is in millimeters, did you convert 1mm to 1/10cm?

Yeah I converted and used 0.1, I probably did something else wrong.

I knew I was overthinking it! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

Damn, i put 119 in the amortisation formula thinking that he payed one month after. How many marks am i likely to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

Grey Wind wrote: »
    I got 35 and 36.

I got that aswell

UV9h65N.png my reasoning for why S=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Ah, sugar. Had 50m as 50000cm instead of 5000.

Could anyone else not get 4a? I multiplied by the conjugate about 3 times, ended up with decimals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tehelitenoob

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Someone please explain.

I got something like 12 or 14 for this answer.

Yes I used the convergin infinte series formula and I got 14

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Is anyone confident of their answer for the last part of the oil spill question? I think i got something like 1,609 or something huge like that. Pretty sure it's wrong but I wonder how you were meant to do it?

theRB wrote: »
    Is anyone confident of their answer for the last part of the oil spill question? I think i got something like 1,609 or something huge like that. Pretty sure it's wrong but I wonder how you were meant to do it?

http://i.imgur.com/U1CMjhq.jpg

It should be a big answer, if you think about it, it is the increasing per minute in CENTIMETERS, when the circle is already 50 metres in radius.

UV9h65N.png my reasoning for why S=0

Found a piece of paper and briskly did it out comparing it to another summation.

This explains why I think the 'n' in the sum formula is n, rather than n-1

Thus, I let a equal 1, and r equal w and got -1/w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

New to this section of boards where can I get an online version of this years paper ?? Would it be up already ? Many thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aoife37

Hi can somebody help with question 5? My turning point was something like (-23/4, -25/4)
    Also what were the answers people got for the first few sections of question 9? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

This might sound easy but what was the answer to the length of the day in question 9? the very first part can anyone remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

It was so so so so so hard :(

• Advertisement

Aoife37 wrote: »
    Hi can somebody help with question 5? My turning point was something like (-23/4, -25/4)
    Also what were the answers people got for the first few sections of question 9? Thanks

Yeah I got that too.

Advertisement