Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Maths Paper 1 - Ordinary Level - June 5th***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

What question was the trapozeidal used?
    The complex numbers one?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

AulBiddy wrote: »
    Yes, it came out a very weird shape for me though???

yeh it did for me to answer was 18 units i believe i felt the phrasing of the question made me think that my shape was wrong.
    What question was the trapozeidal used?
    The complex numbers one?

no the function questions with the points A and B

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

How did people get 50,000km in the last question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I don't even know what question that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

What was that? I actually checked to see if it was higher level or not I was doing.

It was extremely challenging!

• Advertisement

gracew wrote: »
    How did people get 50,000km in the last question?

ok ehm I used trial and error but there was a simpler way id say. Got 50000 divided it by 15 and multiplied it by 1.5 to get cost of fuel. For cathals car divide 50000 by 10 and multiply by 1.5. Then add the cost to each car and they should both work out around 30000ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seanstev

Honestly didn't have a notion for most of the paper, praying paper 2 is easier

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Omg i just realized there that I stupidity divided the euro by the exchange rate instead of multiplying -.- ughhhh the middle part of the paper was bull and the complex numbers was so weird what the hell was 0 + 0i supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimmy420

Laurenom wrote: »
    Omg i just realized there that I stupidity divided the euro by the exchange rate instead of multiplying -.- ughhhh the middle part of the paper was bull and the complex numbers was so weird what the hell was 0 + 0i supposed to mean?

That was the centre. Point (0,0)

think the dollar if i can remember what i put down was worth like 0.67 pounds something like that ? anyone remember ? never seen questions phrased or layed out that strangely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

TheSunderz wrote: »
    no the function questions with the points A and B

Oh Lawd... I'm pretty sure I failed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

What did people get for $1 = £?
    I think I got something like 0.69

Jimmy420 wrote: »
    That was the centre. Point (0,0)

so like what did u have to do like add them all together or something??

Scirpt wrote: »

yeh was 0.69 or 0.67 i cant remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

DottiSka wrote: »
    I feel so glad knowing I at least got the same answer as someone else. I had to use the Quadratic formula for that question and I got the same answer as you.

I got this too! With the -b formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

Where the hell was my long question on financial maths or simultaneous equation ? There was about 1 question that involved a bit of algebra, absolute disgrace that im going to fail maths. The whole paper was Calculus and Functions and why on Gods earth was there trigonometry in the complex numbers section. The angle in complex number mad me lose 15 marks in one of my favourite sections! Soooo Angry

think the dollar if i can remember what i put down was worth like 0.67 pounds something like that ? anyone remember ? never seen questions phrased or layed out that strangely.

Ugh I defo didn't get 0.67 pounds :( how did u find it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DottiSka

what the hell was 0 + 0i supposed to mean?

You were supposed to join A and B co-ordinates back to 0+0i the center of the argand diagram and find the *angle and they both made and sub it into Cos, I think.

basically join 0,0 to the point 3+i then join 0,0 to the point 3-i, then use sin rule to get all the angles and what not. I got cos 60 in the end but it was my weakest question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

The fact that everybody is saying it went sh*t means we'll all be marked more easily then.....hopefully :P
    Or else Paper 2 will be a walk in the park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

Terrible paper! Didn't have a notion what was going on for half of it :(

I dont know if its right, but I took the percentage of the monetary change and applied it to the sterling then took it away from the 0.83. No point stressing over it now. Whats done is done and the more you disect it the worse you'll feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimmy420

so like what did u have to do like add them all together or something??

Was this the one that asked you to join Z1 to 0 + 0i to Z2? If so then you needed to physically join them on the graph which created an angle.

ok, 1 dollar= 0.87 euro along those lines then use this to find out how much 87 cent is worth in pounds and then therefore that is equal to one dollar since 87 cent is equal to one dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

Ya I think I got the same answer. What did ye get for part b of that question I think I got it wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Did other people create a triangle in the argand diagram and then split it to two right angled triangles?

Ya I think I got the same answer. What did ye get for part b of that question I think I got it wrong

what was part b again but yes your answer is right.
    Did other people create a triangle in the argand diagram and then split it to two right angled triangles?

yes thats exactly what I did, i got cos to be 60 ? what did u get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Where the hell was my long question on financial maths or simultaneous equation ? There was about 1 question that involved a bit of algebra, absolute disgrace that im going to fail maths. The whole paper was Calculus and Functions and why on Gods earth was there trigonometry in the complex numbers section. The angle in complex number mad me lose 15 marks in one of my favourite sections! Soooo Angry

You just had to recognise it was a isosceles triangle which meant the angle was 60.

On another note did any on boards successfully derive the formulas for Q7 ln sequences and series?
    The problem was that it was a quadratic sequence but the formulas in the log tables were only for arithmetic sequences?

Lets hold up for a sec, did anyone else think that sequences and series question was like the higher level ones cause wow that was hard. Other than that question im very very happy.

• Advertisement

Lets hold up for a sec, did anyone else think that sequences and series question was like the higher level ones cause wow that was hard. Other than that question im very very happy.

Yes. I felt like it was laughing at me when I was doing it.

Advertisement