Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intern Reserve List

• 05-06-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows how many people generally make it off of the reserve list for intern positions?

I believe there are around 100 people on the list as of right now.

Myself and a few friends are on there and like anyone we want a spot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Has there been a reserve list before? I remember it being a talking point that there would eventually be too many medical students for available intern positions (despite the manpower crisis at SHO, Reg and Consultant level continuing) but I hadn't heard of it happening until I read your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wonderingstill

Well that's not quite what I wanted to hear. Haha. Lucky me applying the one year where this isn't enough spots!

But, yes I believe there has been a reserve list in previous years- I know someone who was on it last year anyway who ended up with a position, but I'm not sure where on the list he was.

Almost 30 people have been offered positions off of the reserve list, but quite a few of us are still waiting to hear something. Luckily, they keep us updated better than most places do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭goldencrisp62

I presume you are a non irish national?
    Surely all Eu and irish students got a spot

I presume you are a non irish national?
    Surely all Eu and irish students got a spot

That would be correct, all of the Irish nationals have been offered spots- as they should be. I'm not sure about the EU students, but most likely they've gotten spots as well.
    I was at the bottom of the list because of my citizenship and my school...thought I'm not at the end of the list which was a bit of a relief, though not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pgouda

Hey guys, I'm joint 1st on the list at the moment... but have no idea how many people I am joint with... anyone have a clue? Also has anyone ever heard of people dropping out during induction week/weeks after?

I've got a bit of hope... but i know it's still going to be a longshot!

fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Hm.... that seems strange. But, then again this whole thing has been kind of strange. We were told when we did the OSCE thing that there should be enough spots for everyone- apparently everyone doesn't include at least 50-60 applicants.

I have heard of people dropping during induction week so don't give up hope. You're better than the rest of us! You just need one maybe two more people to drop! I need a little over 20! (More if there are joint places!!!) I also have a friend who is around 50 in line...

Can I ask- are you an EU citizen? Or are you non EU? I'm just curious how many made it from the group that I tested with (besides the Irish citizens who I'm pretty sure were all placed).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pgouda

Hm.... that seems strange. But, then again this whole thing has been kind of strange. We were told when we did the OSCE thing that there should be enough spots for everyone- apparently everyone doesn't include at least 50-60 applicants.

I have heard of people dropping during induction week so don't give up hope. You're better than the rest of us! You just need one maybe two more people to drop! I need a little over 20! (More if there are joint places!!!) I also have a friend who is around 50 in line...

Can I ask- are you an EU citizen? Or are you non EU? I'm just curious how many made it from the group that I tested with (besides the Irish citizens who I'm pretty sure were all placed).

I'm an non eu, but graduated from an irish medical school. Fingers crossed anyways.

Good luck!!! I hope you get it!

Advertisement