Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out about a business that's defunct or under a new name

Options
  • 05-06-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm trying to get in contact with a business I worked for 2 years ago, Mahon Enterprises. I need to get information confirming I worked there but their number is disconnected and even their website is down.

If the business is closed, what can I do. Would some record of my employment still exist? How would I prove I ever worked there, as I need confirmation from them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mahon Enterprises Ltd was dissolved in 1990. You'll need to double check the company name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Migrane0

McGaggs wrote: »
    Mahon Enterprises Ltd was dissolved in 1990. You'll need to double check the company name.

plus.google.com/107670738659513900408/about?gl=ie&hl=en
    This is a google+ page for the company with the exact same logo, and the address. The name is right

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Migrane0 wrote: »
    plus.google.com/107670738659513900408/about?gl=ie&hl=en
    This is a google+ page for the company with the exact same logo, and the address. The name is right

Thats weird if you look on cro.ie there is only one Mahon Enterprises listed and two other companies that end Mahon Enterprises (They're Mc Mahon companies) all three are defunct for years even when that account was posting in 2013. Think you're going to need to get pretty lucky to track someone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Migrane0

From what I have been able to research I'm just reminded of how shady they were. They were basically cold callers. Show up at peoples doors and solicit them into signing up for Airtricity. Sometimes conning our way into apartment buildings. And I saw brainwashing techniques everythere in their "Training Sessions". And all commission. I knew they were sketchy. But I at least thought the company was legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Why do you say you were working for a company? Have you any proof (employment contract, letter from the on headed paper, etc.) that it was a limited company? You state the name was “Mahon Enterprises” which is a trading style and not a company. You may have been working for Mr. Darren Mahon trading as Mahon Enterprises. There is a thread here on which many suggest that working for Mr. Mahon is a less than positive experience.

Unless there are substantial sums or illegality (e.g. non-payment of deducted PRSI) involved I would not bother wasting time on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

CRO details for Darren Mahon of Mahon Enterprises -

https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=154054&type=B

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

delahuntv wrote: »
    CRO details for Darren Mahon of Mahon Enterprises -

https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=154054&type=B

CRO aren't fans of links!

OP if you search his name on CRO you get some details you might be able to pop round there if its something you really need. Think he is on LinkedIn too that might be better way to get in touch.

Sounds like a Cobra company. If it was most of those offshoots (good sales guys opening their own offices) would be sole traders, and wouldn't last too long. You weren't an employee anyway, you were a self employed salesman with a verbal contract for whatever commission they were paying you. You could probably prove it if you had a regular commission payment going into a bank account
    What is it you need the information for?
    They would probably have a record of you somewhere at Cobra head office in London if it was indeed one of their guys

Advertisement