Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to feed german shepherd pup

Options
  • 05-06-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

Hi i just got a 4 month old pup and have bought the big bag of royal cannin german shepherd junior food.
    The feeding guide kind of has me confused, could someone tell me how much she is to get per day as I want to be as sure as I can.
    thanks
    Royal-Canin-German-Shepherd-Junior-Dog-Food-information-Sheet.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Hooked

You feed based on the ADULT weight.
    That can be between 22-32kg for a female

Let's say 26kg adult weight

The feed amount is 354g at 4 months.
    Or 3 and 7/8 cups.

That is the DAILY amount

You need to split this into 3 meals

So 118g x 3 feeds. Or just under a cup and a third, THREE times a day.

Depending on the cup you were given, large or small... Check the amount on the side of the cup.

Also... What feed is she on now?

You can't just do a straight food swap. It has to be introduced over 5-7 days. Changing the ratio of old to new, each day

We fed out first husky royal canin for the first year. And I regret it. There are far better foods on zooplus.ie for that price. Also... Search this forum for RAW feeding!

Lastly... My one piece of advice. I'm assuming its a first/only dog?

CRATE train your pup if you can and get up during the night to let her out to pee for the first month. Toilet training and crate training topics have been covered time and again. They're invaluable. Please check them out.

We have two huskies that share the housed with us. And without proper toilet training and crates, our lives would have been FAR more stressful. We can now take them anywhere with us, thanks to crate training.

This is the best time to get it right. And reap the rewards for years!

Enjoy your new pup!

Pics please!!!

Advertisement