Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage gpa and award gpa?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just a quick question in relation to final gpa scores. I recieved my final results today which included the stage gpa but not yet the award gpa. Am I right in believing that my award gpa will be the same as my final stage gpa? Just to add I have just finished a two year taught masters and am not used to all this gpa stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Msquack

panda100 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just a quick question in relation to final gpa scores. I recieved my final results today which included the stage gpa but not yet the award gpa. Am I right in believing that my award gpa will be the same as my final stage gpa? Just to add I have just finished a two year taught masters and am not used to all this gpa stuff

Probably, They are provisional results, final results released June 25. I am entering year 3 of 3 year degree in September. Will my final result be sbased on results next year or will they be an average of all three years?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

panda100 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Msquack wrote: »
    Probably, They are provisional results, final results released June 25. I am entering year 3 of 3 year degree in September. Will my final result be sbased on results next year or will they be an average of all three years?

It depends on your course as for your award GPA at the end of Final. For Arts I believe it 30% of your Second Year GPA, and 70% of your Final Year GPA. While Engineering its 40% of Third Year, and 60% of Final Year.

Depending on the number your get the degree you obtain are the following:
    Pass degree 2.0- 2.47

2.2 degree 2.48- 3.07

2.1 degree 3.08- 3.67

1st degree 3.68 and above

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Andru93 wrote: »
    For Arts I believe it 30% of your Second Year GPA, and 70% of your Final Year GPA. While Engineering its 40% of Third Year, and 60% of Final Year.

Arts is 50/50 between 2nd year and 3rd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was doing taught masters over two years so I'm pretty sure it's the average of all four semesters and not just final year. I'm hoping that the stage gpa is the final gpa

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ktr

My award GPA is still not showing up?
    Does anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

ktr wrote: »
    My award GPA is still not showing up?
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Have you any holds on your account? Sometimes grades/GPA aren't released if that's the case.

convert wrote: »
    Have you any holds on your account? Sometimes grades/GPA aren't released if that's the case.

No i dont! have tried emailing programme office but they're slow to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

ktr wrote: »
    No i dont! have tried emailing programme office but they're slow to respond

Would it be worth contacting the student desk? If you don't have to travel too far and you're able to come into UCD, it might be quicker than waiting to hear back from the programme office. Just check the opening hours before travelling as it's probable the programme office is on out of term hours.

convert wrote: »
    Would it be worth contacting the student desk? If you don't have to travel too far and you're able to come into UCD, it might be quicker than waiting to hear back from the programme office. Just check the opening hours before travelling as it's probable the programme office is on out of term hours.

Yeah will try ringing them.
    Hard for me to call in live 2.5hrs away and working everyday :P

Advertisement