Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History research topic

• 05-06-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HELP ME!!! Does anyone know how I could relate 'Béla Kiss' a Hungarian serial killer from the 1900s back to the leaving cert course? If not could anyone help me find someone similar who I could relate back to the course please? I have to have my 1st draft ready for September and I keep stressing so I want to get it done as soon as. I'm so stressed but I have no idea how to relate any of my idea topics back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

You do not need to relate your topic back to the course. In fact, going away from the course is often better because you're not using course material. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hop2

You do not need to relate your topic back to the course. In fact, going away from the course is often better because you're not using course material. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's true.

Thanks so much!! Do you know how I could justify my reason for choosing to do this topic? I know it's sounds like I'm asking you to do my project for me lol but I'm just so beyond frustrated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Hop2 wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! Do you know how I could justify my reason for choosing to do this topic? I know it's sounds like I'm asking you to do my project for me lol but I'm just so beyond frustrated!

No it's fine, this confused me too! Justifying is why you chose it and why it is historically significant. I don't know anything about your topic but it could be something like "I chose x as I wanted to study the impact that x had on society" or something like that.

Google around, there are excellent notes for the research essay online. Try this one - http://leavingcerthistory.net/research-projects/sample-projects/

Advertisement