Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Cars vs Gran Turismo

Options
  • 05-06-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Gran Turismo for the PS4 is out later this year I believe but based on previous GT games, how do you think it stacks up against Project Cars in terms of gameplay, realism, car and track options and just fun to play in general?

I've been playing Project Cars since it came out and I want to like it but I'm finding it very difficult to get into it and enjoy it. Personally I'll be trading it in for GT when it finally comes out.

What are others opinions?

Project Cars or Gran Turismo 9 votes

Project Cars
    0%
    Gran Turismo
    100%
    OSiriSNedved85harpstilidierofno1YbFocusbakerliteTitzon ToastTireeTerrorMantis Toboggan 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

The engine sounds were the biggest let down of all in GT 5 and 6. Lets hope they give them an overhaul in GT7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Gran Turismo
    Doge wrote: »
    The engine sounds were the biggest let down of all in GT 5 and 6. Lets hope they give them an overhaul in GT7.

Let's not forget the base drum everytime you hit a wall too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

PC is a racing simulator whereas GT is probably more of a basic driving game. I've never played GT so I can't really say.

If you're not into learning all the aspects of driving a car fast then sims probably aren't for you. If you are and PC just isn't living up to your expectations, Assetto Corsa is out next year and might be what you're looking for.

ScumLord wrote: »
    PC is a racing simulator whereas GT is probably more of a basic driving game. I've never played GT so I can't really say.

Nah, GT has always been more of a sim.

The license tests are very deep in the game, it has always really trained and tested you hardcore on your cornering ability.

Much more so than any simulator in fact. To the point that trying to earn the licenses is complete chore!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Much more so than any simulator in fact.

What sims have you played mate?

I wouldnt call GT a sim or anything near it, its a driving game.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    What sims have you played mate?

I wouldnt call GT a sim or anything near it, its a driving game.

Most of them! ;)

For a while GT was one of the only sims around, i guess by todays standards its not that realistic but when it first came out it was the dogs.

Edit: just realised now you were quoting "more so than any other sim around".

What i meant there is the licensing system, its the deepest I've seen in any game / simulator.

I wasnt saying its more realstic than any other sim around when it comes to cornering.

Most sims dont even have license tests.

Seems theres a lot of conflicting opinions out there on this topic actually.

I think this article sums it up pretty nicely:

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/11/do-people-even-know-what-simcade-means/

GT is definitely a sim in my eyes, if it wasnt Inside Sim Racing wouldn't have reviewed it twice (they even refer to it as a sim numerous times throughout the reviews) nor would we have this thread comparing it to project cars.

Grand Theft Auto is a "driving game", i would never put GT in the same category tbh! :p

So imo:
    GT = Simulator
    Assetto Corsa, iRacing = hardcore simulator
    Forza Horizon, GRID etc... = Simcade

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Doge wrote: »
    Most sims dont even have license tests.
    That's because it's not really an important part of learning to drive a car fast correctly. All that really matters is lap time at the end of the day. All that kind of external stuff is just window polish.

Inside sim racing review most things from the sim point of view. They'll review all kind of titles that are driving games and rate them from a sim perspective.

Advertisement