Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using multiple travel insurances, US travel insurance recommendations

Options
  • 05-06-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there

So I travel to the US on Monday. I start work on the Saturday and I finish up around the middle of August. I then do some site seeing and enjoy what America has to offer.

It's a J1 visa for a camp job. I was given insurance that covers me while I work at camp.
    So I'm not covered from the Monday to the Saturday or the time after I finish in August and travel.

Do insurance policies stipulate that I must have entered/left the country only from the beginning of their policy or can I get slot in cover for the different times I'm uncovered?

And on the 'J1 summer insurance note, any recommendations for policies?

PLUS I went to read the details of my camp cover and it seems skimpy to be honest. The word ''Economy'' doesn't fill me with confidence. envisageglobalinsurance.com/student-zone/ccusa/brochure-economy.pdf
    Policy maximum is $100,000 which seems like pittance where medical fees are astronomical. Should I take out cover over this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You normally have to depart from Ireland on the date the cover starts, you can't be already outside the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dundunDUN

You normally have to depart from Ireland on the date the cover starts, you can't be already outside the state.

Even if the policy was purchased in Ireland at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

dundunDUN wrote: »

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dundunDUN wrote: »

Yes doesn't matter where it was purchased, trip must begin and end in Ireland.

Advertisement