Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

oww ark, spent an hour and half looking for a spino over lvl 10 180ish narc arrows didnt k'o, today i decided il go get more hawks for carrying metal tame one 2 seconds later a rex runs out of no where bites him dead, so i tame another nearly home 20ish of those little flying bug bastards swarm it dead in 2 seconds :( ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I haven't tried the game (but want to in the future) but what's the story with the taming? I've read posts here and other forums that taming can take a long time? Do you have to be actively at the animal/dino the entire time or is it passive where you set it to tame but you can go off and do other stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I tend to start taming and then go off and do other things, just checking back every so often to make sure nothing is eating it or if it needs more food to tame.

Is there any chance of adding higher level dinos to the gaellord server? rare enough to find a high level dino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

yup will do that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tried to tame a frog on Sunday, didn't go well, git knocked me out very quickly and then ate my clothes. Thankfully I woke up before anything else came along to eat me.

They seem quite handy to have though so gonna have a go again see how I get on, may avoid him this time/

Laviski, did you get your Rex back? I fed it for you after I knocked it out ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Tried to tame a lvl 1 pachy. Thought he would be harmless so just lobbed 3 tranq arrows into him before he knocked me out and my monkey then killed him by throwing its own ****.

10/10

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Tried to tame a frog on Sunday, didn't go well, git knocked me out very quickly and then ate my clothes. Thankfully I woke up before anything else came along to eat me.

They seem quite handy to have though so gonna have a go again see how I get on, may avoid him this time/

Laviski, did you get your Rex back? I fed it for you after I knocked it out ha.

same happened to me except he ate me! I wasn't quite expecting him to be aggressive, thought he'd run away and I'd have to chase him. Got two tamed now, just get them into water and they can't attack you.

Gotta be careful when jumping too, they go massive distances so can end up jumping off a cliff a mile away and losing nearly all your health!

Alas living near the swamp has taken its toll also my rex getting stuck in my floor tiles, i set out to find new lands and built my own ark to ferry my loveys across the sea. sadly as i demolished my vaults to recoop the matt's i had to drop the iron to move and got disconnected and it was gone when i logged back in >_< ffs lol

2015-10-06_00001.jpg

2015-10-06_00003.jpg

2015-10-06_00002.jpg

2015-10-06_00004.jpg

I didnt know you could build that much on the raft. Been wondering how I was going to explore away from the south east coast. Guess naming my raft Deep Sea 9 was a good choice.

i have a generator and some lights/ tuerret and storage boxs on it now to lol

• Advertisement

Where did you settle?
    That island in the last pic is a decent spot, has metal as well.

slowly getting there zzzzz need bed now 2am ...

2015-10-08_00001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Lone Stone wrote: »
    :( my beautiful albino rex whom i lvl'd like crazy drowned, stupid sea !

can imagine him trying to stay afloat with those little teeny tiny arms :D

kells and mucka's missing trike

2015-10-09_00002_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Is this game still a grind fest?

kells and mucka's missing trike

2015-10-09_00002_1.jpg

Surprised that hasn't been eaten yet

Anyone's raft acting weird? I've built up around mine and since yesterday I would get into the driving part which i didnt build on and get stuck "floating"

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it's working fine again.

behold ! for i have invented the first ever portable taming tower !!!
    i tested it i ko'd stuff with out a taken a scratch, my genius knows no bounds take that dinosaurs.

2015-10-10_00001.jpg

Surprised that hasn't been eaten yet

They don't make Triceratops like Cera anymore!

She's now back on dry land and safe at her new home :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    Is this game still a grind fest?

on the official servers - yes it is still bit of a grind.

however on the gaellords i have boosted the gather xp and taming.

Give us your up vote

http://arkservers.net/server/78.46.47.195:27019

banner.png

• Advertisement

Anyone fancy poping over for a some dinner at voodo's. Also i had a band of theifs die in my place today do lock up your stuff and things people.

2015-10-11_00001.jpg

Gonna have to get turrets and such up now then. Name and shame the thieves!

more peeps are joining so your defense need to be there :)

High walls, gates and a **** load of angry dinos can be my defense.
    Thankfully I keep everything locked up in mine anyway.

Do high walls really matter much when you can fly over them? Dinosaurs and turrets the only options for defence?

well they stop anyone from from trolling you if they just signed up to run around and trash peoples stuff

create metal base.

turrets and species x plants with some dinos

then we you think its enough - more turrets.

Seems they broke into my base, raided everything worth taking and killed some of the dinos.

this will certainly spice things up a bit :)

• Advertisement

I may check on mine when I get home later so..

I'd hope my dinos were a decent level to take out a few people, one of my ptera's killed a trex I was trying to tame so they'd all be pretty strong.

I was enjoying the peace on the gaellords server to build without fear of coming back to rubble when I logged back on.

Building a full metal base is a pain in the hoop with the costs involved

I may check on mine when I get home later so..

I'd hope my dinos were a decent level to take out a few people, one of my ptera's killed a trex I was trying to tame so they'd all be pretty strong.

I was enjoying the peace on the gaellords server to build without fear of coming back to rubble when I logged back on.

Building a full metal base is a pain in the hoop with the costs involved

Aye I was liking the quiet. Not sure it makes the server better to have dicks on it but meh. Killed all my birds too.

I'm quite attached to all my dinos so I'd be pissed if someone killed a few. Fair enough if another big dino killed em that happens but other players would annoy me

when i get on im building a prison and kidnapping one of said trespassers for the ransom of 1000 advanced ar bullets.

when i get on im building a prison and kidnapping one of said trespassers for the ransom of 1000 advanced ar bullets.

do you know who it was? at the minute we have a rough idea but not 100%

ah i dunno been a load of new people, i would asume it was plaze, pimpin and perry because i seen them near your place and they met their end when they went into mine MWAHAHAHAHAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

What servers do you guys play on? Just in case I buy the game down the line might join the server.

Cravez wrote: »
    What servers do you guys play on? Just in case I buy the game down the line might join the server.

Few of us are on the gaellords server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

rented a server from nitrado for a few days just to get into the swing of PVE - deadly game :)

So far i've been
    Swallowed by a Megalodon
    Trampled by a Bronto (hit him accidently while i was aiming at a Dodo)
    Eaten by a Rex
    Mauled by a Sabretooth
    Fell off a cliff and died running away from a pack of Raptors

Any easy ways of getting oil besides nailing Trilobites all day long?

rented a server from nitrado for a few days just to get into the swing of PVE - deadly game :)

So far i've been
    Swallowed by a Megalodon
    Trampled by a Bronto (hit him accidently while i was aiming at a Dodo)
    Eaten by a Rex
    Mauled by a Sabretooth
    Fell off a cliff and died running away from a pack of Raptors

Any easy ways of getting oil besides nailing Trilobites all day long?

Get an Ichty or whatever those dolphin things are called. They swim fairly fast so you find oozing black rocks, mine them with the pick and run off before a megalodon gets you. I can get 50 in a few minutes once I found a quite spot.

The snow biome also has black rocks which give oil but the place is full of t rexes, wolves, sabertooths and mammoths having a battle royale.

Got my rex and went on a rampage in the swamp, they are an absolute killing machine. Ima get me some pelt to head north tomorrow

• Advertisement

Be careful up north, I got my level 150odd T-Rex glitched on a tiny bit of ice. Still stuck there :(

Thaddius won't be going near the north, he'll just be providing the material for me to head up that way, lots of mammoths are gonna die ha.

dino breeding is here woooo la la

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qukgMJDCCI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

dino breeding is here woooo la la

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qukgMJDCCI

IT'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!

*cough*

my beautiful spino got killed by a prime t rex sad times

made a incubation room my dino's had the sex and dropped a fertilized egg

babyrexegg.jpg

How does it work then? trial and error at the minute?

just set your male n female dino's to wander and they get this 4x4 heart icon flashing stack them with stone so they cant move and keep them beside each other, then they have a chance of dropping a fetilized egg, depending on the species they need to incubated at cretin temperatures or they loose health and die, then when they hatch you gotta feed them like crazy or they keel over and die apparently.

Metal structures are a chore... 1000 ingots needed just for my foundations, 3am before I got most of them done, still a few in the middle to convert then I can start on walls and ceilings. Gonna take a while..

yeah im building a little ship out of metal and its taken ages and now im wondering how that guy who is never on has a whole base made of it very suspicious indeed !! azuelberries..

• Advertisement
Advertisement