Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

there is two of them
    and when beside a mountain tends to be quicker getting metal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Leaving me alive was a mistake.

Thieves will be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Finally got my house upgraded to metal, christ what a slog. Can do the inside walls at my leisure now, the perimeter wall can stay stone.

Also have a very eager newbie after building a a base beside me, very eager to meet up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

How often to servers get wiped on this? Got back into Rust recently only to find out that wipes happen pretty much almost weekly. Which sucked out a lot of the enthusiasm to play it now. Definitely want to pick this up but want to check the wipe statuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

They try to keep wiping to a minimum, the only situation I saw was when they added new biomes so certain parts of the map got wiped but people had a chance to move their location.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

No wipes since I started playing couple of months ago. Think it was said that wipes are optional on unofficial servers.

Too many dicks on the gaellords server now, seems like our queztal got taken out overnight. Only thing that was touched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

My comment was on official servers, unofficial can do whatever they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

TheKells wrote: »
    Too many dicks on the gaellords server now, seems like our queztal got taken out overnight. Only thing that was touched.

Lots of wild beasties around your way you sure it was a player

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Lots of wild beasties around your way you sure it was a player

I would assume so, every other dino/bird all safe. and it was sat beside 2 argentavis which weren't moved at all. Only thing that makes sense to me is that it was sniped. I'd think that a dino would have attacked the rest of mine or at least they'd have moved to attack it

should invest in a proper dino pen and defenses.
    any server dino's that you would like to be alive on next login need to be enclosed on a PvP server surrounded by lots of turrets that are actually turned on :)

last time i looked at your base an alpha rez had its fun....

Laviski wrote: »
    should invest in a proper dino pen and defenses.
    any server dino's that you would like to be alive on next login need to be enclosed on a PvP server surrounded by lots of turrets that are actually turned on :)

last time i looked at your base an alpha rez had its fun....

aye it wrecked the whole outer ring of the base, I don't mind that though. I just dislike the people that kill your dinos for the sake of it. I'd move to a different server only can't be bothered starting from level 1 again

aye just build more defensively. as prior to the alpha, everything was a bit all over the place :)

Here i am blending in with my surroundings as i snipe passing by peteradons

2015-10-20_00003.jpg

Also took my spino into the sea for a bath, he gets so filthy with all that killing.

2015-10-19_00003.jpg

How do you make your guy wave like that?

• Advertisement

use the emote wheel and you can assign a key bind key in the options

I knew nothing of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

found a cave near my beachhouse today, went exploring as ye do..
    mother of jaysis.. ye wouldnt want to have a fear of snakes or spiders, i managed to rack up nearly a thousand chitin in there before a titanboa came out of nowhere and hit me knocking me through the map where i promptly fell into the sea under the cave system and drowned trying to get out :/

sucks that you lose all your gear too when ye die and cant get to your corpse

found a cave near my beachhouse today, went exploring as ye do..
    mother of jaysis.. ye wouldnt want to have a fear of snakes or spiders, i managed to rack up nearly a thousand chitin in there before a titanboa came out of nowhere and hit me knocking me through the map where i promptly fell into the sea under the cave system and drowned trying to get out :/

sucks that you lose all your gear too when ye die and cant get to your corpse

Hardly the cave thats in a bit of a recess on a cliff face south on the map?
    You on the gaellords server or a different one?

"any true straight" tribe
    your base is looking good.
    getting very defensive. Very interested to see what you have in store for your skybase.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Hardly the cave thats in a bit of a recess on a cliff face south on the map?
    You on the gaellords server or a different one?

it's just off the south beach yeah inland by north a few hundred yards and in a tightly tree-ed valley. Not on GL's servers, rented my own for myself a mate the PVP and griefing was just too much on public servers to get anything done so we went private :D Solo is a load of crap too when you're playing with someone else, the game tethers the guest to the host - if the host runs off to pick up something more than a hundred or so yards from the guest, the guest gets dragged into range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Laviski wrote: »
    "any true straight" tribe
    your base is looking good.
    getting very defensive. Very interested to see what you have in store for your skybase.

Top Secret ATS Information :eek:

next reboots will change the settings for
    EggHatchSpeedMultiplier
    BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier

to 4x

are you sure those rates have changed my argie egg has been going about 3 hours and still got about another 2 to go by the looks of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

cant load in keeps crashing :s

cant load in keeps crashing :s
    That happened me yesterday - exit the game entirely - check in task manager that it's actually shutdown (if not, close it there or force restart steam) then try again.

Buggy mess, but lovin' it :)

Bastard game won't connect to the gaellords server...

actually ours just went down too, might be maintenance?

im online on gaellords

lots of rubber banding and lagg tho

• Advertisement

Seems to be a coincidence then, coz our server is up and down like a poor unfortunates knickers atm :/

well ive been logged in for a bit, havent seen anyone else on log in server might have gone down maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Hey guys 'n' gals. Is the GaelLords server PvP or PvE? Looking for a new server .

pvp but its fairly friendly so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Any resources online to read for getting started in the game? When I tried it I felt overwhelmed!

So it would seem i stumbled upon whats been griefing derry's pets and killing the tribes beloved flying pets lucky i happened to come by when i did. shot it dead with my amazing pew pew skills, twas attacking through the ceiling.

2015-10-22_00003.jpg

one the lads logged on, i know have a lvbl 11 survivor. the wanker

We seem to have set up shop in Australia...everything has evolved to kill us :( A different Alpha appears every day, and them birds attacking all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Just started on gaellords and killed a level 48 dodo with my bare hands. Now it's so dark I can't even see it to skin it and I don't wanna move in case I walk into something unpleasant...

• Advertisement

I shot some one in the face for being anoying BLOOD ON MY HANDS !!

Lone is the game better since we were last together?

yea i think so anyway lots of new dino's for gathering and new things to make yea a lot of new stuff since we played i think i came about 3-4 weeks ago maybe started fresh.

Well some one was definitly at my base last night two turrets out of ammo grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Someone was at my lowly wooden house too stole all my narcotics and cool t-rex helmet that some stranger kindly gave to me earlier, might have killed my parasaur too but that could have been anything I guess. Wooden house on the coast not seeming like the greatest choice of residence right now. Enjoying the game though can see myself spending many more hours at it.

That was me on my spino

• Advertisement

Ah it was you thanks for that! The name of the person who killed me came up when I logged in but I've forgotten it now.

i just flew over there to drop you another head skin i got a few, some one has knocked out one of your walls and no body inside so i think your dead. if you get a name pop up when you hit hit f12 to screen grab it, also left it in your mortar and pastel

Thanks man, yeah I'll grab a screenshot if it comes up. Haha time to move I think, when I log back in I'll have a look to see whats left in the house wasn't much anyway.

took the raptor pack out for a murderous jaunt today

2015-10-25_00001.jpg

2015-10-25_00002.jpg

think i lost 2 out there ah well

hatched my spino egg level 124 female now just keep it alive long enough so i able to log off can logg off >_<

2015-10-26_00004.jpg

sire'd from ATS's lord flash heart and my own lady red waters it was a funk fest in some boats

• Advertisement
Advertisement