Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Do the babies be stronger than usual wilds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

im not really sure to be honest, i only bred one other thing and it was a low lvl but i think they get slightly higher stats and it's a guaranteed high lvl dino if you breed two high lvl pets instead of looking for a decent level one for ages. I think it needs a fair bit of work than the its current state tho. It's a nice little side feature atm.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    im not really sure to be honest, i only bred one other thing and it was a low lvl but i think they get slightly higher stats and it's a guaranteed high lvl dino if you breed two high lvl pets instead of looking for a decent level one for ages. I think it needs a fair bit of work than the its current state tho. It's a nice little side feature atm.

I want to get back into it, but since my mate deleted my toon i dont wanna work from lvl 11

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I want to get back into it, but since my mate deleted my toon i dont wanna work from lvl 11

With the gather rates on gaellords you can level up very quickly

you could do it in a few hours

you could do it in a few hours

to level 60 odd, not that quick

yes you could the rates are like 10x or there abouts

Daz and mucka went up about 30-40 levels in around one nights play.

today we stood tall in the face of mindless vandalism ! and with the aid of the raptor army we removed the blight from our lands !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

today we stood tall in the face of mindless vandalism ! and with the aid of the raptor army we removed the blight from our lands !!!

That Spino of yours is an absolute wrecking ball.

Are they still alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz1989

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That Spino of yours is an absolute wrecking ball.

Are they still alive?

It just shredded the place.

dam just realized i had a rocket launcher in my weapons storage :(

Anyone been on to hear the moaning yet?

Still interested to know what happened my sarc and ptera, never got a message to say they'd been killed...

i was on for an hour earlier didnt see anyone on, il be sure to screen grab then whines if i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz1989

Cheeseburgers logged on recently and just typed 'no'

they were not happy lol

Halloween update rebooot rebooot !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

rebooting now.
    send PM will see it quicker...

Can some one make me about 100 stimulants i need to make mind wipe stew

• Advertisement

Can some one make me about 100 stimulants i need to make mind wipe stew

if you still need them next time i'm on, i will.

my lvl 180 spino is stuck in those dam bits of ice rock near kells place >_< i left him there on neautral incase anything tries to kill it.

enable wandering, our Rex freed herself after a week or so.

with the aid of my amazing raft building skills i free'd my spino and am currently taming a high lvl male one. then il have an army of spino's !!

We tried to tame 2 spinos the other day, didn't go well. One woke up and promptly ate Mucka. The other woke up when I was getting chased by a t-rex down the beach with Dazzy trying to pick me up with a bird complaining that I wouldn't stand still!

I really need to get me a spino. May get making tons more narcs first and bring a bodyguard so it doesn't get eaten again.

• Advertisement

I will trade a spino egg from my lvl 180 and 166 might get it higher, for a quetzil egg or bird :p

I will trade a spino egg from my lvl 180 and 166 might get it higher, for a quetzil egg or bird :p

There was one hanging around the swamp recently enough. Only other one I seen was up near the mountains.

I want that new bear

The island needs to get bigger for all these new dinosaurs bears

taz's best friends are back

Ugh, they're not beside me again are they?

• Advertisement

i dont think so, they kept asking me why i raided them and i kept saying because of what they did, and one of confessed and he shut up lol

Nice, I'm heading on now. Just seen the new Dino, it's the hulk ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Guys quick question, hopefully someone will know. I'm gonna start playing offline now as I've a new job and as such can go a week or more from playing on a server. Naturally my dinos can be claimed after a few days. I know how to change some settings for solo mode, such as harvest amount and tame multiplier. But is there a way to ensure that you can get enough engram points to unlock all engrams solo? I guess that there is but not sure what exact setting it is in game file.

If anyone knows, please be very specific, including full path to the right folder just in case I'm in the wrong one. Thanks.

i didnt play for like a month or two maybe more and my dino's were all there still owned by me.

I seem to have a new neighbour, and my bronto was attacked already, not sure if it was intentional or not

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I seem to have a new neighbour, and my bronto was attacked already, not sure if it was intentional or not

You're always making friends!

Don't see how you could attack something by accident.

I have a friendly face :)

That bronto will **** you up anyway, have my birds in shelter now as well thankfully so I didn't have to go finding them all.

Building a rookery at the mo as well as a 3rd floor, effort of the metal. Gonna redesign my taming tower into a smelter craft and build a new tame tower

ow i havent been on for a while im still alive just addicted to fallout 4.

fallout has really crippled the population of ark on a alot of servers

what is everyone's thoughts on PvE server
    especially now that they brought in tribe wars.

Just changing the settings on the current server?

• Advertisement

well what i am thinking is monday to friday afternoon set server as PvE then switch to PvP at weekends.
    will look into this and see if it will break anything, but easily to configure to do.

at least best of both worlds. Gives people a chance during the week to ensure their base is defend-able at weekends. if they want pvp during the week just set up war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Laviski wrote: »
    well what i am thinking is monday to friday afternoon set server as PvE then switch to PvP at weekends.
    will look into this and see if it will break anything, but easily to configure to do.

at least best of both worlds. Gives people a chance during the week to ensure their base is defend-able at weekends. if they want pvp during the week just set up war.

Somewhat similar to a server I play on. It's actually pvp between something like 5pm - 11pm every day.
    That way no one can come in at 4am and raid everyones base while they are offline. It's a good setup.
    Then there are PVP arenas set up and tribe wars.

Was the server wiped?

My raptor army nooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I always said to myself i would wait until games are out of Early Access but i'm sorely tempted now during the sale. How is Ark like content-wise/bugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

The game runs like **** and can take awhile to get into the game. Once you are in and able to move it works fine. I avoid early access as well but was pleased by how far this game has come along and updates are quite often.

If you do get it I recommend going for the humble monthly thing. It's the cheapest it's ever been by about 7-8 euro and you'll get other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Anyone playing this?
    Just got a PC and downloaded it. Runs like crap, but still enjoying it.
    Playing PvE for now. Any other Boardsies playing at the minute?

Not at the min, Got hacked off on an official server after taming a **** ton of dinos needed to progress only to log on and see base dinos and everything leveled

Just started back on a stargate modded server. Admins are good people, PvE atm but I've heard some talk of it going PvP eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I wouldn't jump into it atm. I'd wait a week or until the next major patch hits. It's supposed to be soon.
    They're overhauling the map again so there is a good chance your base will be minced unless it's out of the way of the overhaul.
    That happened to me on an official server. Myself and a friend had a full metal base (three in fact) very north near the mountain and 100 dinos. We lost everything when they added snow. Anyone who plays x1 rates will know the pain of losing something like that. This didn't bother me too much but it stopped me playing official servers due to the the gather / taming rates.
    I'll be jumping back into a non-official after the patch hits as still really like the game. I usually just play PVE as well. PvP is good but unless you have a large tribe, it can be difficult to get any sort of decent base up and running. You usually just get trolled and steam rolled by other large tribes (as with all survival games)

Advertisement