Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

always remember that every base is raidable. when in PvP. you will always have smart arse's that just pick up dinos and throw them into ocean if your base is near it, dunno if there is a plugin for that.

I did enjoy my time on the official servers but will never again unless taming speed is increased. I can get over the gather but not the time it takes to tame a high level dino.

the popular non official servers servers seem just to have very high xp/gather/tame rates to make it more PvP friendly but think that takes way the accomplishment of way the game is meant to be played.

The once populated non official servers i used to play with mates have ran their course and no new people were joining it, primarily some of the higher level tribes were just flying around wiping out newbies, particularly when they were offline. Don't get the mindset tbh as now the server is just empty. So just play on gaellords server for something to play with until there is another band out there willing to make an effort on a high pop server.

I have chopped and changed the gaellords server a few times and installed the raid protection plugin. have also now set to instantly start at level 72 now as lets be honest anything you do under 60 is pretty much pointless and replaced. So find it good to play around test stuff out. obviously it ain't populated but a few peeps come, they build get to a stage and then leave. I keep the map clean by wiping structures once they have reached their decay time.

For anyone else thinking about getting this game 100% recommend this game to anyone that like survival genre and penalties for death. i have put in 718 hours into this game and defo got value for my money. But like everyone else i want to see what is the finished product and more importantly when it will be full release.

Just to note in case anyone doesn't know:
    Ark Survival of the Fittest is free to play. I find it great fun, it can be tense as you are under a time limit but at least your are only tied to that server for that specified time and there can be only 1 winner. So if thinking about it but unsure, get a few friends and try it out. Just remember the normal game is a lot more slow paced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I was playing on Gaellords for a good while but stopped when I logged in one day and was asked to create a new survivor, couldn't stick having to go through all the effort I went through previously.

Might start back into a local PVE sesh or the gaellords one again eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I was playing on Gaellords for a good while but stopped when I logged in one day and was asked to create a new survivor, couldn't stick having to go through all the effort I went through previously.

Might start back into a local PVE sesh or the gaellords one again eventually

Same thing happened my tribe. We then stopped playing altogether for a long time.

I do recommend this stargate one I'm on now, quick rates all round and I believe both sides have to agree to a fight for any PvP to be allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So the patch with the new "The Center" map.
    I jumped onto a server last night with a friend. Very first thing I noticed. Dem frames. wow.
    On the new map I jumped from 20-30 fps to 50-60 on high/epic settings. Seems much smoother.

The map looks much better than "The Island". Much bigger too. Didn't play for too long last night. Just claimed an area and built a small house to get set up. Looking forward to playing more though. Really did feel much more stable than before.

Noxin wrote: »
    So the patch with the new "The Center" map.
    I jumped onto a server last night with a friend. Very first thing I noticed. Dem frames. wow.
    On the new map I jumped from 20-30 fps to 50-60 on high/epic settings. Seems much smoother.

The map looks much better than "The Island". Much bigger too. Didn't play for too long last night. Just claimed an area and built a small house to get set up. Looking forward to playing more though. Really did feel much more stable than before.

Am I right in thinking that you need to restart on a new server to get on the center? I was hoping it was like an extension to the island but doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yea it's a totally different map so a fresh start will be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im currently playing locally using the pirate mod,pretty fun i have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'm an admin for a small gaming community called The Nameless and we've just brought our new Ark server live.
    We're running The Center map with a minimal setup and fairly tough settings.
    PM me if you want any more info, t'would be nice to see some Boards heads on there. :)

b_560_95_1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

New map aye so tempting but I just sorta put it on the shelf and never went back

any one still playing this on gaellords ? i jumped on but wasnt anyone in chat, then went looking a server with the new map.

• Advertisement

there are currently 4 main bases around, with 8 different people loggin on. Server is currently set to allow players to insta level to 72, i have base protection enabled full time to allow people to build bases and see if the population grows. oddly people still leave doors open. However still keep the map clean by removing bases that have reached their decay timer.

probably will switch it to use the new in game offline raid protection and see how it goes.

I started playing this again with a friend on gaellords not many people around ,come back old players come back ima so lonely !!

there are a few germans on it... beware as they don't play friendly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

If there's interest, we have a server running.

Map: theCenter

Usually 15-20 online, but overall player base is closer to 50.

50 player server.
    PvP enabled.
    Offline raid protection enabled. (You go offline, 15 mins later all your stuff gets x20 health)
    Harvest rate is x20
    XP is x50
    Taming is x50

Other mod's installed:
    No collision structures
    Eco trees (great for making your base look awesome!)
    Extended raft (bigger rafts!)
    Shorter night cycle
    Longer day cycle
    Pimp my dino (lots of new items and designs)
    Bigger stacks

English speaking

Very friendly

IP: 108.61.116.237:21000
    or 108.61.116.237:21001

i added the ip but nothing showing up and i sadly have no clue how to change ports

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i added the ip but nothing showing up and i sadly have no clue how to change ports

The port being used by the server is the numbers at the end of the ip adress so for port 20001 change to:

108.61.116.237:20001

EoinHef wrote: »
    The port being used by the server is the numbers at the end of the ip adress so for port 20001 change to:

108.61.116.237:20001

oww ok i actually tried that aswell, it's still not showing up
    noresponce.jpg

Maybe the server is down,the IP adress and port number look ok

ah ok cool, il try it later. Sounds like a fun server with those mods

Im still waiting for stock levels on some new gpu's to get better so i can grab a new card,be givng the server a go myself if i hadnt already sold my old one:(

• Advertisement

Server is always online. (Except if something crazy happens)

sorry, I had the IP wrong...

stupid iPhone....

108.61.116.237:21000

my steam name is The_Daleatron
    found it ! just stuck a 1 on the end so 108.61.116.237:21001 did the trick

Well was on there night last very chatty, love the new map and the rate's and all that stuff but myself and a friend today keep getting host pending connection - timed out. Not sure if it's server side or what. Can get on other one's fine.

rebooted the server, and it's online now.

Seems it was an issue with the hosting company.

Hay royal, that server is locked and password protected now any idea's whats up with that ? is their a website or facebook group for the server so i can find out whats going on when its down or locked ?

Working on setting up a website and team speak server.

But the issues today were with the host. All sorted and server unlocked after testing.

well.. getting all your work demolished by two lvl 265 guys is fun n all but **** me so many trolls on that server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is this game still a disaster to run? I haven't played it in a very long time but the last time I did, the minimum requirements equaled about 10fps on lowest settings, and even with a decent rig, it was struggling along at 30fps at mid-high settings - on a machine that could run every other game on the market at ultra. Just wondering as I get asked about it a lot! I don't own it on my current account so I don't have any way to check it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Still could do with some optimizing, I'm running most stuff on high/ultra with a R9 390 and it chugs along, although I do get the odd freeze every now and then. Prob getting 30fps anyway but I doubt much higher.

Started this again in single player mode seeing as my gaellords progress is gone.
    Have a ball of mods installed as well to make it a bit more interesting.

• Advertisement

Is this game still a disaster to run? I haven't played it in a very long time but the last time I did, the minimum requirements equaled about 10fps on lowest settings, and even with a decent rig, it was struggling along at 30fps at mid-high settings - on a machine that could run every other game on the market at ultra. Just wondering as I get asked about it a lot! I don't own it on my current account so I don't have any way to check it myself.

the center map runs a lot better than the island

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Still could do with some optimizing, I'm running most stuff on high/ultra with a R9 390 and it chugs along, although I do get the odd freeze every now and then. Prob getting 30fps anyway but I doubt much higher.

Started this again in single player mode seeing as my gaellords progress is gone.
    Have a ball of mods installed as well to make it a bit more interesting.

I don't think the freeze is your computer. Was playing it a while a go with a few fellas and we all got the freezes at the exact same time regardless of where abouts we were in the map.

I'd like to find a decent server with the center map so I can go exploring it.

my server runs the center. details above.

new update added fishing wooop

Dont suppose @laviski would consider the center map with this new Primitive ark total conversion dlc :p

will take a gander - do have thecenter server setup so shouldn't require too much.

• Advertisement

cool yay

given it a restart now and will be enabled.
    it should be named
    "GaelLords#2 [IRE/UK] TheCenter + Primitive+ PvP + InstaLvL70"

as previous when you spawn you should start at level 72.

GaelLords#2 [IRE/UK] TheCenter + Primitive+ PvP + InstaLvL70

78.46.47.195:27028

sweet <3 you, il go try it out now

Well im playing around on there now if any one jumps in im ramsay bolton :p

I joined, loading time is mental

• Advertisement

yea it takes fecking ages i havent really set up anywhere yet just been trying to mess around with the new stuff its a bit buggy

also the high tech stuff seems to still be craftable i didnt think that would be available with the primitive pack

will take a another gander and see what it will bring.

ughh this load time is really off putting sitting here like 10-15 min >_<

its rebooting
    as testing....

it's not your set up, it's like that on any primitive + server apparently

i have it fixed ^
    primitive it is primitive.
    nothing advanced and still have the instal level 72 enabled.

it you ask me server will be tough so see how it goes and tweak from there.

Laviski wrote: »
    it you ask me server will be tough so see how it goes and tweak from there.

yea it was fairly tough starting out there, il pop on now woop, it's a bit grindy to use to playing on 50x servers :p

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yea it was fairly tough starting out there, il pop on now woop, it's a bit grindy to use to playing on 50x servers :p

hence the insta level 72 start
    but perhaps the gather and tame needs to be brought up to x10

• Advertisement
Advertisement