Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i found a place along the east coast by a guy call tazz might have been you, its still safe didnt break in or nothing then i found a guy fourth up towards the north tonight he's new cause i go up and back there a bit, thought i would take the time to say hello to him

[IMG][/img]2015-07-16_00002.jpg

my friend logged out.
    I showed him who's boss

[IMG][/img]2015-07-10_00004.jpg

2015-07-10_00008.jpg

here the base im working on at the moment

[IMG][/img]2015-07-16_00001.jpg
    Yeh that'd be me, Gulf of Lamnation or something. Built it in between some rocks.

Nice bit of foliage around there for building and a good few dinos for when you get brave enough to attack the big ones ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

new dinos and shizzzz being patched in today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

F*ck those new ants anyways. F*cking game crashed and I was being swarmed as it happened. Killed my raptor and me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

hmm was hope dino tracking would be implemented.
    guess have to wait some more.

at least the ants are easy enough to take down, takes bloody ages to hack the chiton off them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Thank fook they added Dino tracking fairly sure I have a missing trike and mammoth out there never got a death notice for them.

WHAT servers are people on?? plodding around on my own building bases isn't too exciting

gaellords, some people on there lately seen a few new buildings proping up around the place but havent seen to many people on at once SO WONELY

gaellords, some people on there lately seen a few new buildings proping up around the place but havent seen to many people on at once SO WONELY

whats the server called? I'll jump in, got to lvl 15 on a different one in a few hours but bored on my own

• Advertisement

Laviski wrote: »
    I have setup Ark Survival Evolved server for the gaellords

add to favorites through the steam server browser by adding
    gaellords.com:27019 or 78.46.47.195:27019
    From there it will show up in the game browser after you joined.

arcserveraddtofav.JPG

changed the settings recently
    XP is set to extra 50%
    Taming reduced by Half.

will monitor and adjust accordingly. Will plan on increase server difficulty in time.

changed the settings recently
    XP is set to extra 50%
    Taming reduced by Half.

will monitor and adjust accordingly. Will plan on increase server difficulty in time.

saw it there, 1 person online looks lonely

im playing up the north coast with a friend, some guys have a tribe down south but i havent seen them on in a few days not sure if they are still around some other people on n off at times. i like the increase xp rates and taming because that was a pain the hole.

Me and another guy banded together, both about level 13, tamed the tutrle and spitty guy, turtle took ****ing forever as he was lvl 25 while we were around 10

and that's with taming boost on server :)

since last patch taming is really long.

I tried taming a few dinos and they take absolutely forever.
    Generally wake back up before I can get then anywhere near tamed

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I tried taming a few dinos and they take absolutely forever.
    Generally wake back up before I can get then anywhere near tamed

you need a supply of narcoberries and force feed them to keep them unconscious.
    http://ark.gamepedia.com/Taming

ideally you will want to use narcotics. and feed the dino with their favorite food to lower the time.

I tried with them but they won't eat them. Do they have to be starving first?

put the narcos into dino.
    click on it
    then click remote use item to force feed.

Ah wasn't aware I could do that cheers.
    I do end up with a stock pile of narco berries so least I'll have a use for them before they spoil.

Loads of trikes and big turtle dudes around to test that on, might try a dodo or dilo first to see what I can do.

don't suppose you want to decrease taming time for dinos even fursther?? taming a level 5 tike for almost an hour now, the sheer boredom of it

• Advertisement

don't suppose you want to decrease taming time for dinos even fursther?? taming a level 5 tike for almost an hour now, the sheer boredom of it

i will re look at the setting tomorrow when no one is on as reboot will be required.

i will re look at the setting tomorrow when no one is on as reboot will be required.

thanks, me and stone were talking about it in game, it's probably the one thing they will have to shorten full game. Came across your metal place, could of been an old base

i was in the sea taming a megladon when the server went down and my mamoth was set to passive >_< i have a bad feeling about this

i was in the sea taming a megladon when the server went down and my mamoth was set to passive >_< i have a bad feeling about this

lol I logged out just in time so!

ah il wait and see if it comes back up, might aswell leave the tame and wait to see if the rate time is reduced.

ah il wait and see if it comes back up, might aswell leave the tame and wait to see if the rate time is reduced.

true, stated making metal ignots after our trade too, im sure they have a use in the higher levels?

yea save them for later, feckin logged in mamoth was fine but i was dead lost all my **** >_< loads of narcotics and tranq arrows blehh

yea save them for later, feckin logged in mamoth was fine but i was dead lost all my **** >_< loads of narcotics and tranq arrows blehh

tranq arrows are just fantastic, I may figure out how many take down a bronto

tranq arrows are just fantastic, I may figure out how many take down a bronto

for optimum usage its 1 tranq arrow every 10secs. Of Course the higher level the more tranqs required, which will involve a lot of kiteing

for optimum usage its 1 tranq arrow every 10secs. Of Course the higher level the more tranqs required, which will involve a lot of kiteing

does time matter? can you not just pepper him like crazy?

• Advertisement

don't believe it offers any benefit as it does not stack. Also it reduces the health of the dino and thus increases taming time.

don't believe it offers any benefit as it does not stack. Also it reduces the health of the dino and thus increases taming time.

Right time to stand on a cliff and pop them in so! did you decide to reduce taming times? cos I'd feel like a tit going on spending3-6 hours taming one only for you to lower times after XD

i have increased it further and server has being rebooted.

for further information on taming:

Ideal secenario
    Shoot tranq arrow every 10 secs to maintain max health of dino.
    feed favourite food - mojoberries or prime meat.
    use blend of narcotics and stimulants to make the dino hungry faster.

Taming times are generally standardized, but there are a few tricks to speed up the process.... should you be willing to take a hit on effectiveness.

Taming effectiveness now gives additional levels to dinos, so for the speedy method I'm about to describe the effectiveness will be absolute CRAP. Don't expect any additional levels, just make sure you're taming something at least lvl 20+ (30+ if you can find one).

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Food for the dino (meat or berries depending on diet), a TON of narcotics, and a TON of stimulant. I don't bother trying any of this until I have at least 3 full stacks of narcs/stims.

Knock out the animal of your choice (the larger it is the longer it takes, level also effects this). Lump all of the food you have onto the animal and allow the taming bar to start moving. From this point it's up to you to pay attention to the Torp. Feed the animal stimulant 1 at a time to decrease torp, you're aiming for 50% (this can go lower, but I just like to play it safe). Once the unconsciousness level has dropped below 50%, feed it Narcotics 1 at a time until it's close to being full again. - Repeat this proces until tamed. You'll notice this cuts the taming time almost in half (provided you have enough materials for all of these things).

WHY DOES THIS WORK?
    When you feed the animal narcotics or stimulant it effects the rate at which the "Food" value decreases. By continuously feeding these things, you are keeping the food value decreasing at it's maximum speed, which also makes the animal eat the normal food you've given it much more quickly, and each time this happens the taming bar fills a little bit.

Long story short, keep feeding the dino narcs and stimulant to keep that food value dropping at top speed. While you're doing this, keep him full of food he will eat and the taming process should be much faster now (roughly 25% faster). - If you really want to tame quickly, use this same process for carnivores, but have some tribemates go farm prime meat and drop them off to you while you're doing this. When raw prime meat is consumed, it gives 4x as much tame as raw meat. Cooked prime meat also gives more tame, but it's only 2x.

i have increased it further and server has being rebooted.

for further information on taming:

Ideal secenario
    Shoot tranq arrow every 10 secs to maintain max health of dino.
    feed favourite food - mojoberries or prime meat.
    use blend of narcotics and stimulants to make the dino hungry faster.

Taming times are generally standardized, but there are a few tricks to speed up the process.... should you be willing to take a hit on effectiveness.

Taming effectiveness now gives additional levels to dinos, so for the speedy method I'm about to describe the effectiveness will be absolute CRAP. Don't expect any additional levels, just make sure you're taming something at least lvl 20+ (30+ if you can find one).

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Food for the dino (meat or berries depending on diet), a TON of narcotics, and a TON of stimulant. I don't bother trying any of this until I have at least 3 full stacks of narcs/stims.

Knock out the animal of your choice (the larger it is the longer it takes, level also effects this). Lump all of the food you have onto the animal and allow the taming bar to start moving. From this point it's up to you to pay attention to the Torp. Feed the animal stimulant 1 at a time to decrease torp, you're aiming for 50% (this can go lower, but I just like to play it safe). Once the unconsciousness level has dropped below 50%, feed it Narcotics 1 at a time until it's close to being full again. - Repeat this proces until tamed. You'll notice this cuts the taming time almost in half (provided you have enough materials for all of these things).

WHY DOES THIS WORK?
    When you feed the animal narcotics or stimulant it effects the rate at which the "Food" value decreases. By continuously feeding these things, you are keeping the food value decreasing at it's maximum speed, which also makes the animal eat the normal food you've given it much more quickly, and each time this happens the taming bar fills a little bit.

Long story short, keep feeding the dino narcs and stimulant to keep that food value dropping at top speed. While you're doing this, keep him full of food he will eat and the taming process should be much faster now (roughly 25% faster). - If you really want to tame quickly, use this same process for carnivores, but have some tribemates go farm prime meat and drop them off to you while you're doing this. When raw prime meat is consumed, it gives 4x as much tame as raw meat. Cooked prime meat also gives more tame, but it's only 2x.

Did the dev's not come out and say this method didn't work? I have read it but they all said the "eat" is timed?? Also thanks for the taming decrease:)

that was in relation to the starvation method i believe.

was out collecting meat ended up some where deeper inland than i usually go what did i find my lost mamoth just killing crap i thought that thing had died.

was out collecting meat ended up some where deeper inland than i usually go what did i find my lost mamoth just killing crap i thought that thing had died.

nice, IF only I could find my stupidly higher than me sea turtle that upped and disappeared, never got a death notice

Jaysus you lot are well ahead of me, I've only tamed a dodo for practice, I'd probably be killed by any of the bigger ones before they went down.

How do you get prime meat? I've only ever been able to get normal raw meat when killing smaller stuff like dilo's or that.

Raw Prime Meat can be harvested from the following creatures so far:

MAX Prime Harvestable

Argentavis 2
    Brontosaurus 11
    Carno 3
    Crocodile 3
    Mammoth 3
    Megalodon 4
    Plesiosaurus 7
    Spinosaur 2
    Stegosaurus 4
    Titanoboa 2
    T-Rex 4

source: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Raw_Prime_Meat

• Advertisement

i read that if you harvest meat with a sabertooth they get a big bonus to the chance of prime meat, but anytime i get prime it just spoils nearly instantly. think its bugged or some thing.

i read that if you harvest meat with a sabertooth they get a big bonus to the chance of prime meat, but anytime i get prime it just spoils nearly instantly. think its bugged or some thing.

prime spoils really fast, ya gotta throw it in stuff that prevents it spoiling quick

Raw Prime Meat spoils in 2 minutes in a Player's Inventory, but lasts around 9 Minutes in a creature's inventory.

you need to get it to preserving bin or refrigerator asap while carried in a dino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

How stable is the game? Friend of mine said it was quite buggy and a bit rough, understandable as it's in alpha though.

vlad2009 wrote: »
    How stable is the game? Friend of mine said it was quite buggy and a bit rough, understandable as it's in alpha though.

they release an update everyday. Bar the odd bit of far away stuff being fuzzy I've had no problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://www.ark-survival.net/en/taming-calculator/

Used this to compare with a few tames and is almost entirely accurate. Tamed a level 3 Anklyo today and it took 1hr 45 mins almost exactly what the calculator said it would.

For people looking to make Kibble (fastest way to tame dinos) here's a link to all the recipes you need and what dinos likes what kibble the most.

http://www.ark-survival.net/en/2015/07/14/dino-kibble-recipes-cheatsheet/

I'm level 54 now, highest in the group hoping to hit 60 soon enough. Playing with my mates and between us we've about 50 dinos. Three anklyos, a number of raptors, 6 saber's, a bunch of turtles, two t-rex's (trying to get to 60 asap!) a couple of pteranadons a couple of argenatavis, 1 carno (want to tame another so I can ride my own might get that this weekend along with another trex) a mammoth, a bronto and a bunch of others.

We've got a beachside base about 3 min flight from our main base which has a dolphin there for underwater farming. Our main base is going pretty good now. We're in the middle of the island at approx 50,50 and it is FULL of high level t-rex's and spinos. Jesus are they everywhere. Alot more fun.

Overall I've played just over 100 hours since launch, highest in our group is 140 hours.

We haven't gone cave exploring but we're right next to one so may venture in soon.

Playing on own private server (pay $22 AUD a month so split between us all is very cheap for peace away from griefers.)

I'll post some screenshots when I get a chance.

Edit: also if anyone is interested in knowing Narcotics are a very fast way to level. Kill some Dino's farm meat, split all the meat in your inventory into single stacks, spoil them while waiting farm narco berries with a mammoth or trike preferably. 2exp per 1 narcotics. Doesn't diminish. Level 54 and still getting 2exp.

• Advertisement

finally managed to get down to the sea bed and find some oil then got swarmed out in the ocean died and my megladon is out there away from daddy !! im coming back son daddy will find you one day.

finally managed to get down to the sea bed and find some oil then got swarmed out in the ocean died and my megladon is out there away from daddy !! im coming back son daddy will you one day.

I'll be on shortly enough, going to craft a few more iron spikey wall things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Irishmover that sounds class!

more people should join gaellords cause it's where all the cool kids hang out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

finally managed to get down to the sea bed and find some oil then got swarmed out in the ocean died and my megladon is out there away from daddy !! im coming back son daddy will find you one day.

I had that issue with the dolphin. Died the first couple times until I figured out to be patient and don't just go straight for the oil. Swim down fast and find the oil. Have a look around make sure no megalodons are following you. Go back up for air then swim back down checking again that nothing is around that can eat you. Hop off and mine the oil. Get back on once its done and back to the surface. Works out pretty well.

Make sure you've got dolphin/megalodon on passive and follow. I found on neutral there was times it would actually abandon me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement