Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

it was the same xp and just double gather rates and 10x tame :p each to there own sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Lone Stone wrote: »
    me and raze set up on that pt/eu server today so were starting over on the north coast im at north coast 3 he is over at northcoast 1 if you fancy joining us
    Effort of starting over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Walking round the island feeling like I missed the end of the world, buildings everywhere but no one left. Are yous playing as a tribe on the other server?

just me and raze on that one i mentioned above its 5x tame now, turns out that was a special week event the 10x tame, althought i wish i knew the pt stood for portuguese lol ah to late now its a nice server.

Some screenies of my new place and things

T rex's keeping coming down from the woods and attacking my walls.
    2015-08-03_00004.jpg

2015-08-03_00008.jpg

found a nice place to build, working on some Goliath gates and might try make some proper walls around it not sure, i have a feeling a war is brewing another tribe !

2015-08-03_00007.jpg

2015-08-03_00011.jpg

built my first Goliath gate tonight, two more to go !

2015-08-04_00002.jpg

2015-08-04_00001.jpg

Yeahh i have developed a very bad addiction to this game.

What the under fcuk are you doing that I'm not?! I could show you a screenshot of what I built but it's just a fecking beach hut made out of straw :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Some screenies of my new place and things

T rex's keeping coming down from the woods and attacking my walls.

found a nice place to build, working on some Goliath gates and might try make some proper walls around it not sure, i have a feeling a war is brewing another tribe !

built my first Goliath gate tonight, two more to go !

Yeahh i have developed a very bad addiction to this game.

That looks awesome. You must have put some time into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ran into first hackers on it, they spawned inside the base on two trexs

i just got banned for calling them out so angry right all that work :mad:

• Advertisement

i just got banned for calling them out so angry right all that work :mad:

****ing hell

Seems like a right ball ache if you get on the wrong server or any of the many ***** find the server your on. Seems to be a big issue with chinnese groups with **** tons of grenades etc... laying waste to entire servers.

i think im done for a while r.i.p ark

i had spawned inside your base before, promptly left before ruby ate me again though. You shouldn't let hackers put you off playing a game you enjoy, though it's understandable. Aren't all multiplayer games with persistence the same?

Any tips for base building would be appreciated.

TheKells wrote: »
    i had spawned inside your base before, promptly left before ruby ate me again though. You shouldn't let hackers put you off playing a game you enjoy, though it's understandable. Aren't all multiplayer games with persistence the same?

somewhere hard to get to with one entrance

for actually making a lot of things for building i would recommend if early game a trike or stego put stats on it into weight and health and just have it on follow while you chop wood and collect things you need dump things you dont want and when your nearly encumbered hop on them craft everything you need stick it in the dinos inventory because the structures weigh less keep going to till you got a load of stuff to start building. and just make an outdoor storage area you can park up beside it and offload its inventory with out any running around. ow and wooden windows cost less than walls.
    anddd thatch sucks dont bother with it aside from a bed room to log out in and go for wood then upgrade to stone.

• Advertisement

if any of you find a decent server let me know i might join up if its a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

These are some of the reasons I'm glad we've got our own server. **** playing with random douchebags. We have great fun with just us.

I think I might take my trike for a spin tonight

Tamed a playmate for my trike so now I have 2 and 2 turtles, may build a pen for them.

Anyone else having issues picking things up like stone?
    Went around my beach collecting stone and I had to grab twice to pick a stone up every time, very annoying as it adds to an already laborious chore.

Although I can bring my trikes with me now to carry all my **** as they're a bit faster than the turtles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The server I'm on is lagging to bits lately. Nearly everything to do with collecting or using items that I do is delayed by 2-3 seconds.

• Advertisement

on some spanish server with raze and two other lads kinda doing our own thing tho, hard to find a lagg free server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

The lag on official servers has been pretty terrible for the last week or so. Can get very annoying.
    Chopping a tree, not getting anything. Suddenly you've looted 10 wood and attacked a nearby roaming dino.... wait, what?

on some spanish server with raze and two other lads kinda doing our own thing tho, hard to find a lagg free server.

colin thd ****er killed me when i was offline so today im going to kill him and his girlfriend while they are offline!!

i have two lvl 140 + scopions tamed no more narco arrows for me pew pew.

i have two lvl 140 + scopions tamed no more narco arrows for me pew pew.

a wild one cost me a lvl 104 with a 55 taming boost trike. bastarding things

a wild one cost me a lvl 104 with a 55 taming boost trike. bastarding things

Oddly enough I found it near where we died, ko'd it with two sling shots and about 40 stones I'm hard core

right so the admin destroyed all colins stuff because he raided that ragnar fella in retaliation NEXT SERVER... sigh tired of this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

play on the official servers, if you don't have a server that don't run.

personally i don't play on Gaellords server as i am the admin so only on there to help out and keep order, but not actively play. cause well when you the admin people shout hacks etc and just general grief.

for me to enjoy game i play on official 186 cause well everyone is fair game ( i know people can still hack etc but so far haven't seen anything like that yet on official servers)

I don't understand why the gaellords one is so empty, wasn't it made for boards.ie members? Why is everyone on other servers? :confused:

I don't understand why the gaellords one is so empty, wasn't it made for boards.ie members? Why is everyone on other servers? :confused:

me and stone left because it was dead

• Advertisement

I'm still on it every now and then, liking being able to come back and have all my stuff still in one piece

I'm on an official PVE server cause I'm a big wuss. - I actually just got tired of all survival games being kos. I'll go back to a pvp server eventually but for now I'm just enjoying the building / taming aspect of it.

Tamed a Pteranodon yesterday. Took quite a while even though it was only lvl 12. Just needed some quick travel means around the map. Gotta start farming some blueprints to save on engram points.

Them Pteranodon are difficult to control. Can't seem to land it on a building yet. Thing always just flies to ground beside it and drops me there. I'll figure it out eventually.

Noxin wrote: »
    I'm on an official PVE server cause I'm a big wuss. - I actually just got tired of all survival games being kos. I'll go back to a pvp server eventually but for now I'm just enjoying the building / taming aspect of it.

Tamed a Pteranodon yesterday. Took quite a while even though it was only lvl 12. Just needed some quick travel means around the map. Gotta start farming some blueprints to save on engram points.

Them Pteranodon are difficult to control. Can't seem to land it on a building yet. Thing always just flies to ground beside it and drops me there. I'll figure it out eventually.

spacebar

spacebar

Yup, tried this. Could be hovering directly over my building.. press space. The stoopid thing flies to ground beside the building and kicks me off. :pac:

Yup, tried this. Could be hovering directly over my building.. press space. The stoopid thing flies to ground beside the building and kicks me off. :pac:

you sir, cannot fly!

Is the building large enough? From what I've read on the steam forums there is a very specific requirement for size to land on and also fly into if you make a closed area for them and it is bigger than what visually looks big enough.

you sir, cannot fly!

Hey I only got the thing yesterday. I've not even taken my beginners training course yet. :D
    Ant695 wrote: »
    Is the building large enough? From what I've read on the steam forums there is a very specific requirement for size to land on and also fly into if you make a closed area for them and it is bigger than what visually looks big enough.

This might be it I guess. Its only a 2x2 temp wooden shack while I get my walls built. I did notice that when you land, the bird seems to walk a number of steps before it settles. Maybe it doesn't have the room to walk.

You might find some helpful info in this thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535152511361327226/

level 11 and level 100 odd rex in our base now, the alpha rexs are tameable on our server stone, they are super fast and super strong, we much get one

• Advertisement

cool, i really want a raptor tho they were so handy for getting hide n stuff, when i log in i begin my epic quest to tame 100 dodo's !!!

Admins with alpha rexs killing you and looting your body, killing your level 120 carno, so cool. Pricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

that is what can happen on private servers if you don't know the people running it.Admin power gone to their head. Play on servers you know admins don't actively engage with others ( ie i believe admins should not be raiding people)

or just play on the official servers where you know this won't happen.

Laviski wrote: »
    that is what can happen on private servers if you don't know the people running it.Admin power gone to their head. Play on servers you know admins don't actively engage with others ( ie i believe admins should not be raiding people)

or just play on the official servers where you know this won't happen.

it'd be grand but like an alpha rex like **** off!! I only noticed that broodmothers aren't tamable anymore either!

I fear what I might see when I logg in

I fear what I might see when I logg in

i made a geni, admin killed our carno though

• Advertisement

went out with a bang, then i went and wiped out a couple of bases then i headed back and found that miki fella setting up a new base and ate him on the trex lol

pics from last night and today

2015-08-06_00009.jpg

2015-08-08_00002.jpg

2015-08-08_00003.jpg

2015-08-08_00009.jpg

2015-08-08_00010.jpg

2015-08-08_00012.jpg

2015-08-08_00015.jpg

2015-08-08_00016.jpg

2015-08-08_00018.jpg

2015-08-08_00018.jpg

2015-08-08_00021.jpg

2015-08-08_00029.jpg

2015-08-08_00031.jpg

and our base ahh good times.

2015-08-08_00013.jpg

the guy on the trex looks like a total bad ass

more like tom hanks in Philadelphia

Have a new stegi now, was trying to knock out a level 117 turtle and I ended up getting tagged by him while circling away. Cue my two turtles mauling him...

Also, I only recently discovered the supply drops ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement