Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARK:Survival Evolved

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Selfie :P

2015-08-08_00001_zpsnofuy9zd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Noxin wrote: »
    Selfie :P

2015-08-08_00001_zpsnofuy9zd.jpg

Shape of ye, killing that beautiful creature just for a photo :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3klcSfozqQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

thats taming......

TheKells wrote: »
    Shape of ye, killing that beautiful creature just for a photo :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3klcSfozqQ

Taming. I can assure you the wee lad is nursed fully back to health and doing very well :)

2015-08-09_00001_zps6eotaanm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Went over towards a supply crate and got ambushed by 3 poxy level 60 ish dilo's. Killed me while my trike stood there looking at me, Respawned and brought my other dino's to go look for him as he had a saddle and load of crap and no sign. Did get attacked by some bug yokes, a carno and 2 stegs though...

Found a stego egg, what are they for apart from eating?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Went over towards a supply crate and got ambushed by 3 poxy level 60 ish dilo's. Killed me while my trike stood there looking at me, Respawned and brought my other dino's to go look for him as he had a saddle and load of crap and no sign. Did get attacked by some bug yokes, a carno and 2 stegs though...

Found a stego egg, what are they for apart from eating?

make kibble to tame dinos

Just tamed my first proper dinosaur, a triceratops, didn't realise how many berries it would need so was running around like a scared rat raiding all the nearby bushes. Took ages too, how the hell do people manage on servers that aren't boosted taming times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

they dont do it alone people take turns with the tame because they can take like 8 hours and stuff :confused:

Just tamed my first proper dinosaur, a triceratops, didn't realise how many berries it would need so was running around like a scared rat raiding all the nearby bushes. Took ages too, how the hell do people manage on servers that aren't boosted taming times?

http://www.ark-survival.net/en/taming-calculator/

A must have :)

Once you can craft a saddle for the trike you'll have no issues gathering berries, they're a berry harvesting machine. I actually just live off berry's now and use any meat for narcotics.

I tamed another trike last night to fill the void left by my missing one. Spotted a supply crate near enough after I killed one of the 2 legged big dino's. Sauntered on over to see what was in it, came over a rocky hill and there was my other trike sitting there waiting for me to come find her :D

Now have 3 trikes, 2 turtles and a steggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We killed two Alpha T-rex (not at the same time level 4 and 14) and a couple of alpha raptors and a carno.

Man they are tough...

Bugs killed my trike that I found again :( I just about escaped so went and got the rest of my dinos and had me a bug massacre, bastards.

How hard are the brontos to tame/escape while trying to knock out? There's one near me but I'm hesitant to try cos of the size and real possibility of being squished. Also, do ankylos be near the coast at all? They'd be handy for stone farming.

Finally got some metal tools, just trying to mine metal now..

Bugs killed my trike that I found again :( I just about escaped so went and got the rest of my dinos and had me a bug massacre, bastards.

How hard are the brontos to tame/escape while trying to knock out? There's one near me but I'm hesitant to try cos of the size and real possibility of being squished. Also, do ankylos be near the coast at all? They'd be handy for stone farming.

Finally got some metal tools, just trying to mine metal now..

Brontos are the toughest to ko, but are managable

Once you can craft a saddle for the trike you'll have no issues gathering berries, they're a berry harvesting machine. I actually just live off berry's now and use any meat for narcotics.

I tamed another trike last night to fill the void left by my missing one. Spotted a supply crate near enough after I killed one of the 2 legged big dino's. Sauntered on over to see what was in it, came over a rocky hill and there was my other trike sitting there waiting for me to come find her :D

Now have 3 trikes, 2 turtles and a steggy

Just lost my triceratops to a level 116 stego that was trapped in trees :( The stego was fighting a croc and I got a little too close and got hit by it's tail so my dino decided to fight it :(:(

I then killed the stego in a huff which let me unlock the saddle..

My first turtle got mauled by 3 megalodons.
    Was mining for metal in some underwater rocks just below the water when one nipped at me. Que turtle going in to have a scrap, then 2 more appear and destroy the turtle, plus saddle and the mountain of other stuff I had stored in him. Bastard fish..

Back to 3 trikes again, tamed another last night so gonna find another fairly high level turtle and possibly a stego if I can avoid getting hit by one long enough to knock it out. Also got a dilo for the buzz, useful little fellas them.

is a mammoth a big upgrade on metal tools for collecting wood? or where do you get the dino that gets stone. haven't actually used metal tools yet, just unlocked them.

enjoying riding round on my triceratops wearing a cowboy hat!

Only seen my first mammoth tonight, and scorpion (tried to eat me), and raptor (tried to eat me), and hawk I think (busy trying to eat a mammoth). Them mountains are hairy places. Serious spot for getting metal though.

Got a Pteranodon tamed and saddled up so I can make the long hike (took forever to get hide for the saddle). Built a small thatch gaff at the foot of the mountain as a stop over spot, it's near some gigantasmic water fortress with signs all round saying stay away or guns will shoot. this flying malark is a great way to get around, just have to level up the weight so she can carry more stuffs.

Have metal pick, hatchet, pike and sickle now so can gather like a mad hoor altogether.

is a mammoth a big upgrade on metal tools for collecting wood? or where do you get the dino that gets stone. haven't actually used metal tools yet, just unlocked them.

enjoying riding round on my triceratops wearing a cowboy hat!

Mammoths are a complete game changer if you need wood or berries. In about 10 mins I was farming 1200 narcoberries. Wood just farms in no time at all too.

The anklyo is best for stone.

is a mammoth a big upgrade on metal tools for collecting wood? or where do you get the dino that gets stone.

The Mammoth is a boss for wood collection. Can tear down an entire forest in no time. Few mins and 1k+ wood.
    irishmover wrote: »
    The anklyo is best for stone.

I find Anklyo rubbish for stone. Get a tonne of flint but it's not a proper stone gatherer. Also fairly slow and low carry weight for me means metal axe is better. I really want a hard headed dino for stone gathering.

I absolutely hate the new monkeys. They're not coded properly at all and taming them is a nightmare. Had one half tamed yesterday and even though I was perfectly placed, it still agro'd me so the tame completely reset.
    I hope they do something in a patch soon. Not bothered to try again atm.

• Advertisement

The Mammoth is a boss for wood collection. Can tear down an entire forest in no time. Few mins and 1k+ wood.

I find Anklyo rubbish for stone. Get a tonne of flint but it's not a proper stone gatherer. Also fairly slow and low carry weight for me means metal axe is better. I really want a hard headed dino for stone gathering.

The anklyo is the best dino for flint sorry got my crosses wired. But still our three anklyos gather stone fine once they were levelled up. The fastest way to gather stone is still by running the beach spamming e anyway.

Also upping melee damage increases the amount they gather in each swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

Hi guys,

Not sure if it's appropriate here but is this game worth the money?.
    I can't choose between this and rocket league.I know it very unoptimized,should I wait for it to come out of EA?

If running the beach is the best way to gather stone, then how do people manage building stone structures? Think I'll nab me a mammoth and stick to wooden buildings.

I enjoy the game so think it's worth the money but I suppose it depends on what you enjoy. It runs well on my computer, little to suggest it's alpha compared to how some games are at full release. Constant updates too so new features/items/animals are added on regular basis.

If running the beach is the best way to gather stone, then how do people manage building stone structures? Think I'll nab me a mammoth and stick to wooden buildings.

I enjoy the game so think it's worth the money but I suppose it depends on what you enjoy. It runs well on my computer, little to suggest it's alpha compared to how some games are at full release. Constant updates too so new features/items/animals are added on regular basis.

Depends on server settings. There are multipliers to increase gathering. Only logical way I see how people can build such big structures from stone. That and taming higher level Dino's with faster taming multiplier thus higher stats.

If running the beach is the best way to gather stone, then how do people manage building stone structures?

With ALOT of effort...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm over 300 hours on a PVP server. I have no emotions anymore.

• Advertisement

Slowly. Very slowly.

My stone place isn't overly big as it took an age to gather the stone and its size does me grand. Maybe I'll expand on it if I get my hands on a dino that can farm stone but until then I'm good as is.

I'd like to think I have a decent enough pc, can run most games full pelt without any issues but with this I have to leave most settings on low, with a few on medium.
    even at that the graphics card is fairly hammered, had to buy a new fan to blow air directly at it just so I could keep it under 80 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

Thanks for the reply can give me an example of how it performs in your setup?.I don't want to rush the purchase and I've got to think about rocket league aswell:)

Slowly. Very slowly.

My stone place isn't overly big as it took an age to gather the stone and its size does me grand. Maybe I'll expand on it if I get my hands on a dino that can farm stone but until then I'm good as is.

I'd like to think I have a decent enough pc, can run most games full pelt without any issues but with this I have to leave most settings on low, with a few on medium.
    even at that the graphics card is fairly hammered, had to buy a new fan to blow air directly at it just so I could keep it under 80 degrees
    LmnadZ wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply can give me an example of how it performs in your setup?.I don't want to rush the purchase and I've got to think about rocket league aswell:)

I'm running a GTX970, i5 4460(I think) and have the game on the highest settings with no problem. The first 2-3 seconds it's blurry but once it is loaded properly it looks grand. The draw distance isn't great and sometimes you'll see dinosaurs in the distance and then a rock will appear in front of them but by and large that has zero impact on the game.

They fixed the monkeys already. Now if they agro you during a tame they won't chase you forever. Also you won't lose your taming meter unless you damage it. Got mine yesterday.

They're quite funny. They can easily throw you over a 4 story wall. I left mine gathering fiber for a while with a carno bodyguard. Came back after a few hours and it has almost 7k fiber in it's inventory.

Proper stone gathering mount due next week :)

cool seen a video of it looked like a laugh, i like how you can equip head armor on it. i think il pop back in a few months or when it goes into beta.

• Advertisement

I actually think it's getting too easy with the new dinos. Like the new frog makes cementing paste, the trillobites give chiton/pearls and oil etc

I actually think it's getting too easy with the new dinos. Like the new frog makes cementing paste, the trillobites give chiton/pearls and oil etc

It was this or everyone would be playing on non-official servers with mega bonuses. Gathering stone needed a big improvement.

I didn't know anything about frogs making paste. Are they in the game yet?
    Trillobites give pearls? Didn't know that either :pac:

It was this or everyone would be playing on non-official servers with mega bonuses. Gathering stone needed a big improvement.

I didn't know anything about frogs making paste. Are they in the game yet?
    Trillobites give pearls? Didn't know that either :pac:

no not yet, new big **** off frog you can mount

Trilobites used to give a lot of silica pearls but they nerfed it.

yea they kinda killed the need to go into the sea with those things. THAT TERRIFYING OCEAN

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yea they kinda killed the need to go into the sea with those things. THAT TERRIFYING OCEAN

I'm glad they nerfed it. Pearls would force people to explore the ocean. Once you cleanse it of megalodons its not so bad.

Anyone got the scuba gear yet? Haven't been on in a few days.

Was away from the game for a while, turns out you gotta be level 40odds to saddle up a mammoth :( so trying to get metal tools now. Read that metal tools get 3-6 times more metal than the stone ones so scrapped together enough for a pick and yet it does no better than the stone pick I had, still 1 metal per rock.

Getting reliable info for this game is near impossible with the constant updates!

Was away from the game for a while, turns out you gotta be level 40odds to saddle up a mammoth :( so trying to get metal tools now. Read that metal tools get 3-6 times more metal than the stone ones so scrapped together enough for a pick and yet it does no better than the stone pick I had, still 1 metal per rock.

Getting reliable info for this game is near impossible with the constant updates!

You have to hit metal rocks. Regular rocks will give 1 piece if you are lucky. Head up into some mountains and look for Rocks with yellowish streaks running through them. Or rich rocks which are almost completely yellow. They yield between 25-40 metal per rock.

Regular metal rock pic

ah right, here I was thinking that the black slick looking rocks were the metal ones. thanks for that.

now to find a dinosaur fast enough to take me to the mountains without getting eaten or lost on the way

ah right, here I was thinking that the black slick looking rocks were the metal ones. thanks for that.

now to find a dinosaur fast enough to take me to the mountains without getting eaten or lost on the way

Grab a decent level raptor. Can survive a rex no prob and even taming a 120 would only take 2hr 20 on pure raw meat. Any kibble or prime will shorten that.

• Advertisement

if your going for ore you'd be better of with a trike or stego to carry that back, with 150 weight stat you wont be able to carry more than 30-40 maybe, so bring some mules. if your still in that little stone place near mine you arent far from ore nodes.

I moved to a lake further south, seemed to be busy once upon a time but not anymore.

As for taming a raptor, I tried taming a croc with raw meat but nothing happened at all. Figure that was just a glitch or is there something else I'm missing when it comes to a carnivore?

I moved to a lake further south, seemed to be busy once upon a time but not anymore.

As for taming a raptor, I tried taming a croc with raw meat but nothing happened at all. Figure that was just a glitch or is there something else I'm missing when it comes to a carnivore?

some like the scorpions prefer the spoiled meat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

anyone wanna band together on an official server or everyone happy elsewhere?

Laviski wrote: »
    anyone wanna band together on an official server or everyone happy elsewhere?

I'd be happy to join together, ideally on a server where we weren't constantly under attack though.

on a official PvP server with high pop that is hard though.
    currently playing on 186 and a lot of big tribes getting wiped.

willing to start new tribe on same server or other. Just need numbers really to develop defenses fast. There is no safe base but you can make it difficult. In any case you have to be ready for the eventuality.

nah im done with ark for a while, offical servers rates just make the game insanely boring for me anyway. but good luck !

Lone Stone wrote: »
    nah im done with ark for a while, offical servers rates just make the game insanely boring for me anyway. but good luck !

no problem i can understand that
    but i not a fan of the super fast collecting/taming servers, just makes it too easy come easy go for me. enough of other games like that out there.

just putting it out there as an idea, as myself i have taken a break from it but willing to go back if numbers are there.

Laviski wrote: »
    on a official PvP server with high pop that is hard though.
    currently playing on 186 and a lot of big tribes getting wiped.

willing to start new tribe on same server or other. Just need numbers really to develop defenses fast. There is no safe base but you can make it difficult. In any case you have to be ready for the eventuality.

What's the appeal of that? Why would you choose that over a PVE server? Fair enough if you could only be attacked while you were there but you go to sleep and next day sign in and everything is gone?

Either way I'd be happy to join up if there's interest in it.

• Advertisement

i used to play Eve Online
    i like to roll the dice and risk losing everything :)

Advertisement