Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland -v- England - Sunday June 7th 2015 1pm, Lansdowne Road

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

SantryRed wrote: »
    Guaranteed that a section of the home end will be booing GSTQ. Not looking forward to it tbh.

More than a section. England fans didn't boo our anthem in Wembley. I doubt that some RoI fans are mature enough to behave in a similar manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Guaranteed that a section of the home end will be booing GSTQ. Not looking forward to it tbh.

There must be English Nationalists and anti-monarchists who also hate GSTQ, funny how broad brush assumptions inspire such behaviors, don't think there'll be any hassle as the English have made concerted efforts to weed out all those scummers that attended their matches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

They are so dumb that they can't work out that its us that look dumb for doing this.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

2 tickets for South Stand Lower available face value €70. Will meet at stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

On the way in, looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Berserker wrote: »
    More than a section. England fans didn't boo our anthem in Wembley. I doubt that some RoI fans are mature enough to behave in a similar manner.

Oh well done England fans so. They may rioted across half of Europe, but at least they didn't boo an anthem.

A few Irish fans will boo GSTQ, and while I wouldn't do so myself, no amount of Irish fans booing their anthem can ever paint the behaviour of our fans in a worse light to the behaviour of theirs.

To suggest that by simply not booing an anthem, an anthem half of them probably didn't even recognise, that they're more mature, or more capable of taking te moral high ground is bull****, and just the sort of national self depreciating nonsense that seems to have become fashionable in Ireland over recent times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is this only on Setanta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Is the early kick of to stop people getting bladdered before the game?
    Yea, same approach as the likes of United/Liverpool, Celtic/Rangers fixtures.

It'll probably be the same approach jersey wise from many of the home fans too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Wayne Rooney sticking his oar in re the Jack Grealish saga.

He's comparing the Grealish' situation with his own when he was young. Completely different, Rooney never played for Ireland at underage level, like comparing apples with oranges.

Absolutely none of his business and he's out of line for opening his gob about it, he should've had no comment to make on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Struggling to get excited for it. Its all about Scotland for me. Actual 3 points on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rep. of Ireland team v England: Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson, Brady, McGeady, McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick, McGoldrick, Murphy. #SSNHQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Is this only on Setanta?

And UTV/ITV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Oh well done England fans so. They may rioted across half of Europe, but at least they didn't boo an anthem.

A few Irish fans will boo GSTQ, and while I wouldn't do so myself, no amount of Irish fans booing their anthem can ever paint the behaviour of our fans in a worse light to the behaviour of theirs.

To suggest that by simply not booing an anthem, an anthem half of them probably didn't even recognise, that they're more mature, or more capable of taking te moral high ground is bull****, and just the sort of national self depreciating nonsense that seems to have become fashionable in Ireland over recent times
    Its not asking much to ask fans from both sides to respect Anthems.

The fans that show least respect come across as the Biggest Morons !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'll be massively surprised if we don't hear some boos during GSTQ.
    It just takes a minority to act the idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney sticking his oar in re the Jack Grealish saga.

He's comparing the Grealish' situation with his own when he was young. Completely different, Rooney never played for Ireland at underage level, like comparing apples with oranges.

Absolutely none of his business and he's out of line for opening his gob about it, he should've had no comment to make on it.

You're basically saying he isn't allowed to have an opinion. He didn't hold a press conference to chat about the life and times of Jack Grealish, he was just asked about it. He shouldn't be restricted to not having an opinion because he may go against some deranged football fans viewpoints.

I actually find your post highly offensive. It goes against everything our way of life stands for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just found out this is on ITV :D was not looking forward to looking at a grainy stream of Setanta's coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I say there's a fair few flag waving idiots that would rather us beat England today than Scotland next week.

I'd go for a 2 - 2 draw today.

Does the winner today get jack grealish ? Cause that's all I'm hearing on the build up

I actually find your post highly offensive. It goes against everything our way of life stands for.

What post did you read?

The lad was moaning about Wayne Rooney's opinion, not advocating The Third Reich

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Setanta really going all out on production for this game. Matt Holland with pitch-side analysis.

Think it might be a bit of a damp squib the game.

You're basically saying he isn't allowed to have an opinion. He didn't hold a press conference to chat about the life and times of Jack Grealish, he was just asked about it. He shouldn't be restricted to not having an opinion because he may go against some deranged football fans viewpoints.

What are you blathering about?

He was out of line with his comments, he has no business taliking about Grealish or any other English born player playing for Ireland and using his own background as a context for his comments. He decided to play for England, that his business, if another English born player decides to play for Ireland that's their business - not Rooney's business. He should've kept his comments to himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Patser

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    And UTV/ITV

But paradoxically not on UTV Ireland, another big own goal by UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He was out of line with his comments, he has no business taliking about Grealish or any other English born player playing for Ireland and using his own background as a context for his comments. He decided to play for England, that his business, if another English born player decides to play for Ireland that's their business - not Rooney's business. He should've kept his comments to himself.

Jesus Christ. Over reaction much?

He wasn't out of line at all. How dare he try and say something to convince a player with a lot of potential to play on the team that he also plays for.

Patser wrote: »
    But paradoxically not on UTV Ireland, another big own goal by UPC

Setanta Ireland have the exclusive rights for showing the game on an Irish broadcaster.

Nothing UPC could do there.

Eng to win 3-1 at least I think.
    Hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

This post is ridiculous.

Jesus Christ. Over reaction much?

He wasn't out of line at all. How dare he try and say something to convince a player with a lot of potential to play on the team that he also plays for.

He's the captain of England he should and does know better. It's none of his business, he should've had little or nothing to say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Setanta really going all out on production for this game. Matt Holland with pitch-side analysis.

Might be confusing if he refers to both teams as "we"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Patser

Setanta Ireland have the exclusive rights for showing the game on an Irish broadcaster.

Nothing UPC could do there.

Fair enough and it is on the freeview Setanta channel on UPC also to be fair.

But UTV Ireland really is a waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

With Westwood in goal today, does that mean that Forde is back down to third in the pecking order?

If so, its a disgrace

How many of today's team will start v Scotland?

Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson, Brady, Whelan, McCarthy, McGeady?

Given, Long, Walters, Hoolahan for Scotland?

• Advertisement

People talking about trouble? Looking at the small Landsdowne Rd crowd, its very unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

With Westwood in goal today, does that mean that Forde is back down to third in the pecking order?

If so, its a disgrace

Easy now it's just a friendly

Don't think Murphy or McGoldrick are first choice either

Patser wrote: »
    Fair enough and it is on the freeview Setanta channel on UPC also to be fair.

But UTV Ireland really is a waste

Yeah, I do agree. I was pissed UPC replaced UTV with UTV Ireland - mostly just for Champions League tbh - and didn't then give their viewers ITV1. Particularly since UPC provide ITV2-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

1pm KickOff is a bit pointless as it proves nothing if/when the match passes off peacefully.
    Would be better to have it at normal o'clock like the 1995 game - we'll eventually draw them in a qualifying group (or in Euro2020 at the Aviva) and it'll be at 7.45 on a Friday night or suchlike.

Great to see Big Jack back at Lansdowne Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Did the teams come onto the pitch to the theme to the 'Avengers' film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They're much better than us on paper. Hopefully we can make it competitive though.

Do people think the anthems will be respected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Delaney's missus looking well. :pac: Must be his personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

He's the captain of England he should and does know better. It's none of his business, he should've had little or nothing to say about it.

Of course its his business. He wants a promising young prospect to play for the same country that he is the captain of. He has a vested interest in what happens. Makes complete sense to me, even if I have no time at all for Rooney or Man Yoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Did the teams come onto the pitch to the theme to the 'Avengers' film?

Or was it Guardians of the Galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Uh oh... here come the boos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Great to see the reception Jack got, although it would have been nice to actually hear it. Really bugs me when announcers insist on talking over something that no one needs to have explained to them.

And the booing and hissing has started all ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Whoever was whistling at the English anthem is a bit brain dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

English Anthem went off without a hitch.

Which was nice.

• Advertisement

They could have spent some of the 5m on a decent anthem choir!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Easy now it's just a friendly

Don't think Murphy or McGoldrick are first choice either

Would you not play your second choice keeper to keep him match ready in case needed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

tigger123 wrote: »
    English Anthem went off without a hitch.

Which was nice.

Boos though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RobertKK wrote: »
    Whoever was whistling at the English anthem is a bit brain dead.

Tiocfaidh ár lá :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Boos though.

About 3 boos

• Advertisement
Advertisement