Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cop freed by judge,unbelievable.***Graphic Video in OP***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nice shooting. A dirt bag is dead & gone, I fail to see what the problem is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

What kind of person shoots animals' legs?

If you want a good chance of taking it down first time, no good hunter would aim for an extremity!

Same goes for a cop trying to take down a criminal who's fleeing. Aiming for their leg is foolish. Torso shot was the correct action here.

The cop did their job correctly here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Peruzzi wrote: »
    The cop is being paid by the tax payer to serve the public's interest, if it's a choice between risking the life of an innocent person or risking his own life then he should risk his own life.

**** that.

The cop is being paid by the tax payer to serve the public's interest, if it's a choice between risking the life of an innocent person or risking his own life then he should risk his own life.

But all the information and signs he has at that point, suggests this individual is NOT some innocent person!

Us sitting here watching a video and passing judgement is pretty unfair too btw. There are many things that can't be fully understood from watching a video.

His reactions after the shots were fired, don't suggest an individual who thinks he shot some innocent kid. He's acting like he did his job and took down a dangerous bad guy!

Which in hindsight, it turns out he more than likely did.

Job done! Well done officer... you get to go home safely to your family now after risking your life protecting the public! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Lets just think for a second... Why did the cop not help the man by giving Cpr or medical intervention... Lets think of the outcome of a none trained none medical professional applying life saving Cpr that leads to a detrimental outcome. He has already shot the guy. See it is America and you do have to think of your legal exposure on intervention.

mulbot wrote: »
    Now your going to presumptions of your own-it never said anywhere that it was this guy,the cops responded to a call,nothing else. You cannot say that the cop more than likely knew,it has not been a factor,so no,touching his pants because he did it in another instance has no relevance

I think my presumption that the cop a recognised a wanted armed robber is much more arguable and sound than your presumption that
    he is a complete and utter c**t

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Tellingly not a single one of the psycho-cop apologists can make even the first suggestion what this kid could have done to avoid being murdered. Not have hands? Not wear trousers? Not "look like a criminal"? Move his hands faster, slower?
    Not one single suggestion.

Is this why we have Judges Legal professionals and not Fb courts or SJW courts ?

The cop obviously. He's the maniac shooting people to death randomly. Yes, definitely the cop.

I'm sure people have the stats of Death buy cop vs Death by none cop ? Even in white cop on black male it's highly more lightly you will be shot by another black male not a cop.

Lets just think for a second... Why did the cop not help the man by giving Cpr or medical intervention... Lets think of the outcome of a none trained none medical professional applying life saving Cpr that leads to a detrimental outcome. He has already shot the guy. See it is America and you do have to think of your legal exposure on intervention.

And what medical intervention is the cop going to give?.

He's already called for an ambulance.

I'm not sure if he's carrying a field dressing but if he is he's best keeping that for himself or his buddies in case they're attacked and not using it on a wanted criminal.

And the guy has taken two shots to the chest, is likely suffering a sucking chest wound and there's no way a cop is carrying a flutter valve dressing 'nor able to make one up.

Little point in giving chest compressions or rescue breaths either ~ the guy is pretty much f*cked and he's not your buddy.

And what medical intervention is the cop going to give?.

He's already called for an ambulance.

I'm not sure if he's carrying a field dressing but if he is he's best keeping that for himself or his buddies in case they're attacked and not using it on a wanted criminal.

And the guy has taken two shots to the chest, is likely suffering a sucking chest wound and there's no way a cop is carrying a flutter valve dressing 'nor able to make one up.

Little point in giving chest compressions or rescue breaths either ~ the guy is pretty much f*cked and he's not your buddy.

My point was in showing why a none medical professional would not give any medical intervention. To answer why did the cop not do this or that. It's pretty simple you can end up doing more harm than good and end up in legal hot water. Even if you are a medical professional you can end up in legal hot water.

• Advertisement

My point was in showing why a none medical professional would not give any medical intervention. To answer why did the cop not do this or that. It's pretty simple you can end up doing more harm than good and end up in legal hot water. Even if you are a medical professional you can end up in legal hot water.

Sorry, beg your pardon but I read you wrong. My apologizes.

Better put handcuffs on him just in case though.

Are suspects in custody not supposed to be handcuffed at all times ? Why you see people handcuffed to hospital trolley and gurney's .

Better put handcuffs on him just in case though.

He was in custody before he died, tough. But I think you're debating this just for the sake of argument as you're ignoring all logic.

A wanted armed robber was justifiably shot dead, no loss to American society ~ Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

if you genuinely think that cops are paid by the public to take bullets for them ?

how much do you think cops get paid ?

that's sort of sad that people really think like that . sad for evolution sad for education and sad for the state of the human race .

your statement says that cops are paid to put themselves at risk .

this is untrue

you are ill informed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

mynamejeff wrote: »
    your statement says that cops are paid to put themselves at risk .

this is untrue

you are ill informed

They know the risks involved

But all the information and signs he has at that point, suggests this individual is NOT some innocent person!

Us sitting here watching a video and passing judgement is pretty unfair too btw. There are many things that can't be fully understood from watching a video.

His reactions after the shots were fired, don't suggest an individual who thinks he shot some innocent kid. He's acting like he did his job and took down a dangerous bad guy!

Which in hindsight, it turns out he more than likely did.

Job done! Well done officer... you get to go home safely to your family now after risking your life protecting the public! :)

Do you mind me asking if you are either (a) American (b) A cop, or both?

There is risk if you are a police officer it comes with the job, to think otherwise is deluded.

what your suggesting is that taylors life is more important to protect than the cops .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

A wanted armed robber
    The cop had no idea who he was. I see the pro-psycho cop crew will attempt to run with this one though despite it being irrelevant.

• Advertisement

what your suggesting is that taylors life is more important to protect than the cops .

I don't think anyone is suggesting that-however,you can't go shooting people underb this guise of "perceived threat"- if i was pulled over,asked for my license and leaned into my glove box or inside my jacket,does that give a cop the right to shoot me dead,just in case i was reaching for a weapon?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that-however,you can't go shooting people underb this guise of "perceived threat"- if i was pulled over,asked for my license and leaned into my glove box or inside my jacket,does that give a cop the right to shoot me dead,just in case i was reaching for a weapon?

if you tried to get away from the cop , refused to obey his instructions then turned and shouted "no fool" and made a abrupt move with your concealed hands ? do you think thats a good move when faced with a armed man pointing a gun at you ?

thats assuming that the cop didnt know taylor (warrants previous arrests etc)

if you tried to get away from the cop , refused to obey his instructions then turned and shouted "no fool" and made a abrupt move with your concealed hands ? do you think thats a good move when faced with a armed man pointing a gun at you ?

Did he shout "no fool"?,i thought i read that that part was retracted. His "move" was remove his hands,as he had been asked,i think it's quite difficult to know what anybodys reaction would be to turning to find two guns in their face,did he move his hands quickly in panic? We know it wasn't to pull a weapon as we know.

I think maybe the second part might be very relevant,perhaps the cop did know him,maybe had a motive to shoot,some vendetta?

The cop had no idea who he was. I see the pro-psycho cop crew will attempt to run with this one though despite it being irrelevant.

I thought in the states the NSA knew who everyone was from reading your email monitoring your internet activity hacking your smartphone and pass it on to every agency..... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I thought in the states the NSA knew who everyone was from reading your email monitoring your internet activity hacking your smartphone and pass it on to every agency..... :rolleyes:
    Conspiracy Theory forum perhaps? Is this supposed to be relevant or entertainment or what.

Conspiracy Theory forum perhaps? Is this supposed to be relevant or entertainment or what.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Did he shout "no fool"?,i thought i read that that part was retracted. His "move" was remove his hands,as he had been asked,i think it's quite difficult to know what anybodys reaction would be to turning to find two guns in their face,did he move his hands quickly in panic? We know it wasn't to pull a weapon as we know.

I think maybe the second part might be very relevant,perhaps the cop did know him,maybe had a motive to shoot,some vendetta?

Ohhh For F Sake :confused:

ya your right . it was probeley just like tupac and biggie . what do you think he says when he turns around then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No, he's supposed to shoot if he perceives a threat. It is reasonable to think he might have perceived that the suspect was going for a weapon.

Just doesn't make sense for the suspect to defy instructions and the keep his hands down his pants unless he was going for a gun. Only a total idiot doesn't show their hands if a policeman is pointing a gun at them. You can watch this in the context of "horrific police shooting video". Your perception won't reflect the policeman's context, which was probably something closer to "I need to arrest this scumbag with a gun".

Not making any excuses, nor have I any reason to. Just applying objective judgement.
    nonsense. this lad was getting shot no matter what. defying instructions is no excuse for butchery

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

He wasn't just walking away though.

so therefore no threat. glad you realize it.
    He looked like he was getting a gun out.

no, he didn't. if he got his hands out to slow or to quick the same excuse would be used. there was no threat. there was no excuse.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

The guy turned, walked several paces backwards looking at a police officer with a gun pointing at him. He then rapidly moves his hands from his waistband (and imo in a way that suggested he'd pulled a weapon). I'm sure in your lala land giving someone the potential chance to shoot you is fine but I'd probably side with the cop and say it's a fair call to take the shot.
    good for you. you and the cop were wrong, and hopefully this cops days in the force are over. drive them out american public and make america a bit more safe

Or he was hesitant to touch some random dude covered in blood?

Would you be quick to get someone else's blood all over you, when your head is telling you this guy is some low life drug dealer/ gang banger/pimp etc?

if its my job then yes. if i don't like the idea of it then i won't go into a job where i will be expected to do it
    We don't know the full back story to this. The anti gun lobby people in the US are totally scewing these incidents to look like meaningless trigger happy killings.

no they aren't. its being reported as it is . the NRA are a cancer that needs destroying and the anti-gun lobby must step up now and bring them down.

• Advertisement

They know the risks involved

Bookies and post offices get robbed all the time. Doesn't mean staff should be willing to get shot protecting the money because they knew the risks.

Why don't you post your personal information first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Firstly this is a tragic event that could have been avoided and I think some people here really need to watch the video again a few times to carefully take in all that happens.
    As Dillon Taylor, in the white t-shirt, and two others are walking out of the store three police cars pull into the parking area. Taylor is seen to lift the right side of his t-shirt.
    One police car cuts across the camera car and goes to the left, the camera car goes centre and the third car is to the right of the camera and stops in front of the red car.
    As the camera car is about to stop moving, the three guys have almost reached the rear of the red car and are fully aware of the police presence as they are clearly seen looking at the camera car and the other police car which is now in directly in front of them.
    As the cop with the camera is getting out of the car Taylor is seen to have turned to walk away from the police, while the other two are standing still with their hands in the air obviously obeying a directive from the other police car and showing themselves to be no threat.
    Why did Taylor not stand with them and put his hands up also???
    Maybe if he did, he would still be alive today!
    Taylor steps onto the pathway and glances to his right, most likely observing the other cop who is walking towards him with his gun drawn and aimed, clearly seen at 29 seconds in.
    Why did he not stop walking then when he saw a cop walking towards him with a gun raised.??
    He continues to walk away, and if you look carefully, his hands are down by his side.
    The sound is on and the cop is yelling at him to stop, Taylor keeps walking but moves his hands and tucks them into his front. Why?
    Taylor turns around, now walking backwards, hands still tucked into the front and replies "nah fool" to the cops request, obviously Taylor could hear otherwise why would he reply!
    Taylor is now aware that there are two cops with guns drawn and aimed at him and, we can only presume he is somewhat streetwise, should now realise he is facing a lethal situation.
    Everyone knows at this stage how you react at this point determines the reaction of the cops.
    Instead of declaring himself as "unarmed" and offering to move his hands slowly from his front, after his "nah fool" jibe he pulls his right hand quickly from his front.
    Perceiving the possibility of Taylor pulling a gun, the cop fires ONE round, unfortunately a fatal shot.
    Taylor knew the cops were walking towards him, by turning and replying implies that he could hear them and their requests for him to stop.
    He could have avoided his own death if he had of just stood by the red car with his hands up.
    Remember that the cops were responding to a call about a concealed gun.

In his head, he just shot the bad guy... So why would he work tirelessly to save the man's life?

because its part of his job.
    He did make 'some' effort, so he can't be accused of neglect of duties.

made some effort? a long time after the man was shot. effort my backside, he left him to die deliberately. AKA murder.
    I'm sure if that was some innocent person caught in the line of fire, he would have tried much harder.

oh? so because someone may not be "innocent" its okay not to try as hard even if its part of your job description? dear god. you don't get to try less hard or more hard on the basis of an individual. you do your duty in full to the best of your ability for all, or you get thrown in jail.
    Like I said, we don't know the full story here.

oh we do
    If that cop thought he was some low life criminal, then why work your butt off to save his life?

because its his job. being a criminal doesn't entitle you less to have your live saved.
    In some countries they wouldn't call an ambulance. They'd just put a few more bullets in them!

well, clearly such countries are backward and their behaviour has no place.

He did make 'some' effort to stop the blood. And they called an ambulance... So he did his duties, which is obviously why the judge "let him free".

he made no effort until a long time after. he failed in his duties, and got off most likely because judges tend to let cops go free over there.
    There was good reason to believe the man was a threat, so they shot him.

there was no reason to believe the man was a threat, they shot him because they could, and they knew they would get away with it because the burdin of proof on police over there is very small.
    You don't work your butt off to save the life of someone you consider to be a low life criminal...

if its your job then you do or you get thrown in jail.
    I wouldn't.

if i was your police chief you would believe me, or you would be out on your ear and i'd ensure you never worked as a cop again. believe me

From everything I've watched and read, this young man displayed all the typical signs of someone concealing a weapon.

He even raised his t-shirt up in a manner like someone preparing to draw a gun. (And he was a perfect match for the description of the man seen waving a gun earlier)

When the cops arrived, the victim and his friends were causing a disturbance in the area.

The guy clearly heard and seen the cop, but continued to walk away.

It's unfortunate, but this guy clearly and foolishly caused his own death.

The cops did the bare minimum to help save his life. Call an ambulance!

They acted correctly.

Just because this guy probably threw his gun in a dumpster when the cops came, doesn't mean he's some angel like the media wants to paint him!

I can't see anything the cops did wrong here. They did their job correctly. To the letter!
    he didn't hear the cop. it was an act of murder and the cop caused the death. there was no threat, he didn't look like he had a gun. the cops did little to save his life, the so called bare minimum was done a long time after equaling a failure in duty. they didn't act correctly. there was no gun thrown in a dump.

i'd say probably x or serving US military TBH

refused to obey is no excuse. he was walking away, therefore no threat

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Firstly this is a tragic event that could have been avoided and I think some people here really need to watch the video again a few times to carefully take in all that happens.
    As Dillon Taylor, in the white t-shirt, and two others are walking out of the store three police cars pull into the parking area. Taylor is seen to lift the right side of his t-shirt.
    One police car cuts across the camera car and goes to the left, the camera car goes centre and the third car is to the right of the camera and stops in front of the red car.
    As the camera car is about to stop moving, the three guys have almost reached the rear of the red car and are fully aware of the police presence as they are clearly seen looking at the camera car and the other police car which is now in directly in front of them.
    As the cop with the camera is getting out of the car Taylor is seen to have turned to walk away from the police, while the other two are standing still with their hands in the air obviously obeying a directive from the other police car and showing themselves to be no threat.
    Why did Taylor not stand with them and put his hands up also???
    Maybe if he did, he would still be alive today!
    Taylor steps onto the pathway and glances to his right, most likely observing the other cop who is walking towards him with his gun drawn and aimed, clearly seen at 29 seconds in.
    Why did he not stop walking then when he saw a cop walking towards him with a gun raised.??
    He continues to walk away, and if you look carefully, his hands are down by his side.
    The sound is on and the cop is yelling at him to stop, Taylor keeps walking but moves his hands and tucks them into his front. Why?
    Taylor turns around, now walking backwards, hands still tucked into the front and replies "nah fool" to the cops request, obviously Taylor could hear otherwise why would he reply!
    Taylor is now aware that there are two cops with guns drawn and aimed at him and, we can only presume he is somewhat streetwise, should now realise he is facing a lethal situation.
    Everyone knows at this stage how you react at this point determines the reaction of the cops.
    Instead of declaring himself as "unarmed" and offering to move his hands slowly from his front, after his "nah fool" jibe he pulls his right hand quickly from his front.
    Perceiving the possibility of Taylor pulling a gun, the cop fires ONE round, unfortunately a fatal shot.
    Taylor knew the cops were walking towards him, by turning and replying implies that he could hear them and their requests for him to stop.
    He could have avoided his own death if he had of just stood by the red car with his hands up.
    Remember that the cops were responding to a call about a concealed gun.
    he couldn't have avoided his death

he couldn't have avoided his death

Off course he could have, have you actually watched the video or even read my post.
    Were his two mates shot?
    NO THEY WERE NOT!
    Why?
    Because they stopped immediately and put their hands up indicating that they were no threat.
    If Taylor had of done the same he would be still alive.
    How can you not see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

...... he was walking away, therefore no threat

i'd imagine the best thing you could do before you shoot someone is get a bit of space between you and them - fancy disarming moves don't work from 25 feet away

• Advertisement

If you act guilty, you can't expect to be treated like you're innocent.

how do you "act" "guilty"
    they called an ambulance straight away. So they followed procedures correctly!

they didn't call 1 straight away. it was a long time after. they failed to follow procedures correctly. but some will defend cops to the death no matter what.
    Job done!

job not done. fail fail fail. the public now need to ensure these cops don't work as cops again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

He displayed all the signs of someone concealing a weapon. (In accordance with their training)

Refused to stop walking away.

Matched the description of a man seen with a gun earlier.

Made movements that appeared like he was reaching for a gun.

Clear cut case here.

He stupidly caused his own death.

Cop did his job correctly. The cops don't make the rules or procedures, they just follow them.

It's not pretty to watch, but the cops did their job here.

Stupid kid.
    All three guys had been drinking earlier,according to Dillon's lawyer,he had enough alcohol in him to prevent him from driving.
    I'm sure that you've had a few drinks in you and if you were in a similar intoxicated way,you'd be confused,that does not give the cop a license to kill him.

I think it's very likely as he was wanted on warrant and had a history of armed robbery and obstructing arrest, as did his brother.
    He did have history but was trying to go straight,he was clean for 5 months according to his sister.

Hagar7 wrote: »
    He did have history but was trying to go straight,he was clean for 5 months according to his sister.

And his brother said he made every situation happier. Probably not for the people he was robbing. Family do this. Fact is he violated his probation and posted this on his Facebook
    ALL my family has turned and snitched on me. I'll die before I go do a lot of time in a cell. I'm trying to strive and live but [I'm] done litrerly [can't] stand breathing and dealing with s—-. I feel like god [can't] even save me on this one. ... this time [it's] me and the demons [I'm] fighting."

he didn't hear the cop. [...]

Then why did he turn around and respond to him.
    He was aware of the cops and he was aware of at least one gun being aimed at him.
    He chose to ignore requests to stop.
    He could have stopped and declared that he was unarmed and offered to remove his hands slowly from his front and allowed himself to be searched, but he didn't.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Then why did he turn around and respond to him.
    He was aware of the cops and he was aware of at least one gun being aimed at him.
    He chose to ignore requests to stop.
    He could have stopped and declared that he was unarmed and offered to remove his hands slowly from his front and allowed himself to be searched, but he didn't.
    he didn't hear the requests. he moved his hands up and still got shot as he was being shot anyway no matter what. he wasn't aware of the cops until it was to late

he didn't hear the requests. he moved his hands up and still got shot as he was being shot anyway no matter what. he wasn't aware of the cops until it was to late

Again you obviously did not watch the video carefully or read my post.

2 COP CARS PULLED UP RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE THREE OF THEM ABOUT 3 - 4 FEET AWAY.
    HE SAW THE CARS, HE SAW THE COPS.
    HIS TWO MATES RAISE THEIR HANDS INDICATING NO THREAT.
    AT THE SAME TIME DILLON TURNS ON HIS HEEL AND HEADS AWAY.
    DILLON CAN BE SEEN GLANCING AT COP ON HIS RIGHT.
    COP ON RIGHT HAS GUN DRAWN AND AIMED AT HIM.
    DILLON EVENTUALLY TURNS TO FACE CAMERA COP AND REPLIES ( An obvious indication that he heard the cop yelling at him) "NAH FOOL" TO THE COPS REQUEST TO STOP BUT KEEPS STEPPING BACKWARDS.
    NOW HE IS AWARE AND FACING TWO COPS WITH GUNS DRAWN AND AIMED.
    HIS NEXT AND VERY SUDDEN MOVE CAUSED HIS OWN DEATH.

Now go watch the video carefully!

He could have avoided his own death but unfortunately and sadly he didn't.

[QUOTE=Little CuChulainn;95794133]Bookies and post offices get robbed all the time. Doesn't mean staff should be willing to get shot protecting the money because they knew the risks.

Why don't you post your personal information first?[/QUOTE]

That's idiotic-how can you even come up with that as a comparison. Cops go to work to uphold the law and dealing with criminals is part of that, the nature of the job puts them at greater risk- bookies go to work deal with normal punting customers,therefore by logic,at vastly reduced risk to their lives

I'm Irish,and now,you?

oh? so because someone may not be "innocent" its okay not to try as hard even if its part of your job description? dear god. you don't get to try less hard or more hard on the basis of an individual. you do your duty in full to the best of your ability for all, or you get thrown in jail.

They did their duty. Another low life piece of scum in a wooden box 6ft underground...

And nobody in their right mind is going to put huge effort into saving the life of a criminal.

They did the minimum expected according to law enforcement protocol - no cop would be reprimanded for this. They're only expected to call for medical assistance. The guy was practically dead anyway!

Stupid fool gave those cops no other option. Innocent people don't act the way he acted.

It's sick and embarrassing how quickly some people jump on the cops and defend the criminals. 99% of law enforcement are good people trying to do their job correctly... and at times a pretty thankless job too! :mad:

• Advertisement

Nice shooting. A dirt bag is dead & gone, I fail to see what the problem is here.

ARGO.

Advertisement