Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ Radio One - Scheduling of Arts Programming?

• 05-06-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Am I missing something here but why has RTÉ Radio One got not ONE but TWO arts type programmes broadcast every Monday night. Surely ONE is enough on the same evening on the same channel. The show entitled: "Arena" presented by Seán Rocks runs from 7:00pm to 8:00pm on weeknights Monday - Friday inclusive but then from 10:00pm to 11:00pm on Mondays nights only you also have another arts show called: "Arts Tonight" presented by Vincent Woods. It seems a strange scheduling decision and it has been to this format for quite a while now.

Would it not make more sense to call the 7:00pm Monday - Friday arts programme Arts Tonight and schedule the other arts programme in a weekend slot instead by calling it either Arena or Arts This Week for instance? This would free up the 10:00pm slot on Monday nights for something different or allow RTÉ Radio One to run a programme Monday to Thursday in the 10:00 - 11:00pm time slot? Which reminds me...I seem to recall the former "Tonight with Vincent Browne" radio show with Vinny Browne used previously broadcast on RTÉ Radio One from Mon-Thurs in the 10:00 - 11:00pm slot in the days before he brought the show to TV3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

I think it was very foolish to name the 10pm current affairs show late debate because it rhymes with late date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I think it was very foolish to name the 10pm current affairs show late debate because it rhymes with late date.

Perhaps it's a case of low morale at RTÉ Montrose headquarters. Otherwise it seems like an absence of creative thinking, imagination and a complete lack of respect for the TV Licence Payer!

Most of the quality Irish home produced programmes seems to be coming from the independent sector these days although; I know RTÉ Cork also produce quite a lot of good material like Nationwide, Today with Daragh Ó Sé & Maura Derrane and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Arena coming from the Temple Bar Trad Fest this evening. Whatever about the programme, someone should be shot for blatantly misleading the public. All I've heard in the ads and promos and this programme is nothing to do with Irish trad music. Nothing at all.

Advertisement