Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa América

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

gosplan wrote: »
    Your whole line is about maximising potential, walking international tournaments etc.

I never said the manager was a magician, jut that if as you keep saying the team win 'in spite' of him, that they haven't done that 'in spite' of the other managers they had.

To be honest I think you decided early doors that you know everything about he manager based on his failure at Barca.

You clearly know a lot but it's possible things will surprise you, that a manager may have more success elsewhere. Of course can always say 'not good enough' or pick out the single mistake from a successful game to back up your point.

Yes maximizing your potential obviously increases your chances of success in this tournament and others to come.

I would say that is because of two reasons, the first being that right now the squad is at its peak, it's optimum level of quality is right now. Secondly because the quality of opposition in any tournament that those coaches would have had coached this team in has never been lower.

I've seen his Paraguay side too which was obviously more impressive because this is a manager suited to setting up reactive teams rather than proactive teams.

That's a singular example, but if you really can't see the flaws in Martino's set up of Argentina then I dunno what to tell you, I can't explain anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yes maximizing your potential obviously increases your chances of success in this tournament and others to come.

I would say that is because of two reasons, the first being that right now the squad is at its peak, it's optimum level of quality is right now. Secondly because the quality of opposition in any tournament that those coaches would have had coached this team in has never been lower.

I've seen his Paraguay side too which was obviously more impressive because this is a manager suited to setting up reactive teams rather than proactive teams.

That's a singular example, but if you really can't see the flaws in Martino's set up of Argentina then I dunno what to tell you, I can't explain anymore.

No, I see what you're saying but I think you're over-analysing it and ignoring the importance of motivation and self belief at international level.

10 games in Argentina are better than they were and in the verge on winning something.

That is not 'in spite' of Martino. That is a decent start for a new manager.

And though boards inspires us to all sound like we know exactly what we're talking about, the truth is that we don't know how this will work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Normally I'd say yes but on this occasion no. Short of creating a riot within the camp I don't think he could do enough to stop this Argentina squad from winning the tournament.

Brazil with, arguably their weakest squad to ever enter a major competition (especially after Neymar's suspension), Colombia were really poor throughout and Chile are the first real test they face (I'm not counting the Colombia game, that was a problem of their own making)

This is a ridiculously talented squad with the greatest player ever in his prime, so yes they should walk this tournament.

I'd like to think you've a tonne on this then, because they were available above evens before the tournament began. Probably still that after the Neymar suspension given their first result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

It's gone quiet in this thread for the past few days.

We've a great final in store I think, tough game to call. Can't wait !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I hope the crowd are loud and proud and we get a Chilean victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

At what time would this kick off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is on Setanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The game is being streamed LEGALLY on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

zerks wrote: »
    The game is being streamed LEGALLY on youtube.

<snip>

Might be being streamed officially, but I don't think that is the right link.

The title. Spam links in the description..

Argentina vs. Chile Copa America Final 2015 Live Online .Stream Soccer 2015

Screams piracy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

There are still flags and banners all over Bogotá. You'd think they'd be embarrassed into taking them down after such a ****e tournament.

Although I love the guy, I'm hoping Marcelo Diaz has the game of his career and some English team offers us a ridiculous amount for him. We could use the money.

Here's a legal stream but it's in Spanish. Enter the address in VLC, Potplayer or whatever else you use.
    http://edge-51-cl.edge.mdstrm.com/live/smil:0ad762deac92abed0fbc9170216c59bb/playlist_b1500.m3u8?time=1434753535333

http://i.imgur.com/PkKv8AN.png

Teams:
    vaBho2W.pngbWyViDb.png

Wouldnt mind being in that stadium right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can see Gareth Medel having a shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

<snip>

English stream live on Youtube. Good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

enviro wrote: »
    Still going? Please wait message over video for me

BEIN took it down

Dreadful, again from their own goalkick Argentina create their own problems, can only be down to poor coaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Unreal atmosphere.

I've loved watching Valdivia in this tournament.

• Advertisement

Wow, yellow all day long. Dunno what the ref saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Really enjoying this, great start.

Rojo having all kinds of problems.

Nothing accidental about that from Medel..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Medel should have walked for that. Thug.

DMs dropping back to start attacks is one of my favourite things..and both teams are doing it.

Today is a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That's a red any day.

Such a lack of continuity in Argentina on the ball and a lack of control overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Such a lack of continuity in Argentina on the ball and a lack of control overall.

Good grief they're not playing badly at all. This is international soccer too.

Messi getting nothing.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Good grief they're not playing badly at all. This is international soccer too.

Then your expectations of what a side containing Lionel Messi should produce are far too low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Out of interest why was a link to youtube removed, I thought it was established these were always fine as any copyright issues are at youtubes mega-rich door. Mebbe boards policy has changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Then your expectations of what a side containing Lionel Messi should produce are far too low.

One man does not make a team surely? Messi has done diddly squat when he's had the ball

You have to take into account this is a very imbalanced side in terms of personnel. Their principal ball playing midfielder has spent most of his club career in Holland. Thought they have been well set up today myself tbh, have dominated the first half and if Messi had stopped walking around and done something they might have created a few more chances.

Out of interest why was a link to youtube removed, I thought it was established these were always fine as any copyright issues are at youtubes mega-rich door. Mebbe boards policy has changed?

The links were still illegal. Anyone can stream on youtube.

It's the content not the website used to stream it that is the problem.

Like this is on youtube but it is being streamed officially by FIBA themselves - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i781MGqgse0

The copa america isn't being streamed by COMNEBOL on there.

In response to two people, there's no questions about Messi, he's just won a treble, he will be crowned the best player in the world again, he's the greatest. Argentina's problems on the ball are manifold. Some might point to weaknesses in the individual players and I agree that playing Biglia doesn't lend itself to fluid attacking play but there's so much more, the difficulty they're having in finding good quality play out from the back, the pace of that play, the distances between the Argentine attacking players, their difficulty in establishing possession in space between the lines and how remarkably deep Messi must play in this team. I won't lie, I hate this setup.

THFC wrote: »
    You have to take into account this is a very imbalanced side in terms of personnel. Their principal ball playing midfielder has spent most of his club career in Holland. Thought they have been well set up today myself tbh, have dominated the first half and if Messi had stopped walking around and done something they might have created a few more chances.

You really have me wondering here.....

Only Argentinian on the pitch who played in Holland is Romero as far as i remember.

Who are you talking about?

Edit: Ah ..Biglia. Beglium though.

inforfun wrote: »
    You really have me wondering here.....

Only Argentinian on the pitch who played in Holland is Romero as far as i remember.

Who are you talking about?

Edit: Ah ..Biglia. Beglium though.

Anderlecht... Belgian is right :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What channel is this game on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Oat23 wrote: »
    The links were still illegal. Anyone can stream on youtube.
    It's the content not the website used to stream it that is the problem.
    Like this is on youtube but it is being streamed officially by FIBA themselves - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i781MGqgse0
    The copa america isn't being streamed by COMNEBOL on there.

I do appreciate the difference between the two links, I just thought it was a boards rule that anything on youtube was fine and would never be regarded as an illegal stream, fairly sure its in a charter or dav/dev said it!
    I'll check with the mods anyway rather than threadspoil here.

In response to two people, there's no questions about Messi, he's just won a treble, he will be crowned the best player in the world again, he's the greatest. Argentina's problems on the ball are manifold. Some might point to weaknesses in the individual players and I agree that playing Biglia doesn't lend itself to fluid attacking play but there's so much more, the difficulty they're having in finding good quality play out from the back, the pace of that play, the distances between the Argentine attacking players, their difficulty in establishing possession in space between the lines and how remarkably deep Messi must play in this team. I won't lie, I hate this setup.

Messi hasn't played well thus far, don't think that's in question. Just because he's the best in the world doesn't mean he should escape criticism.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Messi hasn't played well thus far, don't think that's in question. Just because he's the best in the world doesn't mean he should escape criticism.

I would say there's a very good reason for that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I do appreciate the difference between the two links, I just thought it was a boards rule that anything on youtube was fine and would never be regarded as an illegal stream, fairly sure its in a charter or dav/dev said it!
    I'll check with the mods anyway rather than threadspoil here.

Clips from YouTube are grand, illegal live streams are different. YouTube was removing all the ones linked here themselves anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

This is mental energy from Chile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Commentators can't hide their bias in favouring Argentina. Quite blatant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

FatRat wrote: »
    What channel is this game on?

Setanta Sports 1

corny wrote: »

It is annoying the **** out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ray Hudson :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

corny wrote: »

The commentary for the earlier matches on Setanta was better when it was just a single commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Had a beinsports stream earlier and this geordie commentator was nearly blowing his load everytime Messi touched the ball, almost as cringeworthy as some of his weird clichés.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ray Hudson :pac:

Think it's my first full match listening to this clown. So bad.

Advertisement