Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa América

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ray " he knows exactly what he is doing" Hudson :pac:

FYP.

Basically the only sentence that idiot cant get out of his gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

hots wrote: »
    Think it's my first full match listening to this clown. So bad.

Unfortunately my OCD of not being able to watch a stream unless it's in English has led me to several encounters with him. I can tolerate him though...certainly more than the main commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't like Hudson either, but he does have some good lines.

''And he's off like a prom dress''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Watching this on some US stream which is has this really annoying, hysterical, Scottish co-commentator. He's a screamer.

Edit: reading the above comment he's actually a Geordie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Unfortunately my OCD of not being able to watch a stream unless it's in English has led me to several encounters with him. I can tolerate him though...certainly more than the main commentator.

I've actually gotten to quite like those two during this tournament. At least they don't just stick to the same banal cliches that we get on RTE, ITV etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ray like a hair dryer dropped in a bathtub Hudson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Imagine Argentina misplacing a pass or giving the ball away and it not the 'coaches' fault. Attributing no blame to the players on the pitch is ridiculous and not realistic. Very good players can still play poor and have criticism attributed fairly.

Watching this on some US stream which is has this really annoying, hysterical, Scottish co-commentator. He's a screamer.

Geordie*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Second half and Argentina are completely bypassing midfield now.

Martino has tried to punch Rojo in the back, probably his most positive contribution of the evening.

I've actually gotten to quite like those two during this tournament. At least they don't just stick to the same banal cliches that we get on RTE, ITV etc.

As I said I don't mind Ray, he comes out with some absolute belters on occasion...but I cannot warm to the main commentator...his accent grates me

• Advertisement

Isla should have gone down there.

Do Argentina have any alternate to Rojo? He's been awful this tournament

Turtwig wrote: »

Surely Walter Samuel could do a shift still? :p

Surely Walter Samuel could do a shift still? :p

Samuel's positioning would probably still be better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Chile have this in the bag.

What an effort that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Messi is literally walking around the pitch now. Shocking behaviour for your captain.

Ok that was a good read by Rojo. Maybe he's growing into the game?

Rojo is absolutely toxic.

corny wrote: »
    Messi is literally walking around the pitch now. Shocking behaviour for your captain.

Messi always walks around the pitch.
    Very often fails to cover 8km in a game. Sometimes it doesn't reach 7 km!

( Neymar covered the most distance for Barcelona last season)

• Advertisement

The only other left back called up, Casco, had never been capped before this tournament.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

So much for Argentina going all out to win it!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think the Martino criticism has some merit but is harsh in its severity. He isn't among the upper echelons of managers by any stretch but the Argentina poorer performances have been as much down to poor individual performances than bad organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

CSF wrote: »
    I think the Martino criticism has some merit but is harsh in its severity. He isn't among the upper echelons of managers by any stretch but the Argentina poorer performances have been as much down to poor individual performances than bad organisation.

Argentina were just as poor to watch in the World Cup when Martino wasnt in charge.

Does the final go straight to pens aswell?

keith16 wrote: »

Hope so chile play is too intense to last extra time

keith16 wrote: »

No ,there will be extra time

Why does this ref keep changing his mind after waving play on then giving freekicks?

That was not a freekick.

Messi always walks around the pitch.
    Very often fails to cover 8km in a game. Sometimes it doesn't reach 7 km!

He's coming off a very long season where he's won a treble and played almost every minute of every game. If you are also to believe reports his family and Aguero's were attacked before the game by Chile supporters so that's probably not aiding his motivation. However he looks like the only player capable of playing accurate forward passes consistently and to break the lines so, ye, there's that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

there'll be extra time since it's the final

No ,there will be extra time

Ah balls. I'm fading fast here.

Some intensity to the game in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Argentina were just as poor to watch in the World Cup when Martino wasnt in charge.
    Messi and Aguero both play at clubs that have been set up to play to their strengths. Transfer policy would have centred around that, and you can see why. They're unique talents. Argentina don't seem to have the sort of players that you could replicate the Barcelona or the Man City model with.

And to be fair, which of Di Maria, Pastore and Mascherano shone in a midfield position in the season just gone? It was unreasonable to expect them to be an efficient midfield unit here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a dreadful final. Ref destroyed it

Just as you criticise, its Messi the creator who almost wins the final for Argentina, he's the only player whose looked capable of producing a moment like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mesi, can't do it on a warm night in Santiago ;)

• Advertisement

Lavezzi is a shadow of the devastating player he was 2-3 years ago .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Just as you criticise, its Messi the creator who almost wins the final for Argentina, he's the only player whose looked capable of producing a moment like that.

You're the most irritating poster on boards. Because he threaded an easy pass to lev, who put it on a plate it means we ignore his 90 minutes of ****... Messi has looked anonymous because the chilians have got around him and got in his face.

I've never thought he was any good tbh.

Dont' worry linesman, those nets are fine.

Take Vargas off and put Henriquez on, please.

• Advertisement

You're the most irritating poster on boards. Because he threaded an easy pass to lev, who put it on a plate it means we ignore his 90 minutes of ****... Messi has looked anonymous because the chilians have got around him and got in his face.

If you actually believe that then truly I have no desire to read anymore of your uninformed opinions.

I've never thought he was any good tbh.

He was very good a few years back for Napoli when they were in the Champions League .

Anytime I've seen him over the last year or so he has looked like an imposter.
    He was rubbish in the World Cup.

In his pomp at Napoli he was as threatening as any player in Europe. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The Chileans are really lacking a target man. They work the ball into good areas and then run out of ideas because they've no one to aim at in the area.

If you ever wondered what it'd be like if Messi played for Stoke this is probably as close as you're gonna get to that.

If you actually believe that then truly I have no desire to read anymore of your uninformed opinions.

You see only what you want to see and have done so for any Barcelona player for as long as I can remember. Messi takes hold of a breaking ball in the 91St minute in a 3v3 situation with 40 yards ahead of him and drives and makes a very easy pass to lev. It''s hardly worthy of the 2nd coming as your posts suggested.

Keep looking at Messi and every Barcelona player with rose tinted glasses. Someday you'll wake up.

One of the worst attempted passes I have ever seen...Jesus

You see only what you want to see and have done so for any Barcelona player for as long as I can remember. Messi takes hold of a breaking ball in the 91St minute in a 3v3 situation with 40 yards ahead of him and drives and makes a very easy pass to lev. It''s hardly worthy of the 2nd coming as your posts suggested.

Keep looking at Messi and every Barcelona player with rose tinted glasses. Someday you'll wake up.

Lol you'd swear Messi and the Barca players were sh*te players from the Conference and he's bigging them up. You're talking about arguably the best to ever play ball in one of the best teams of all time.

Also broke through a challenge and also in 91 minutes of football that was the best chance any side has created in open play which my post also insinuated but whatever, as I said uninformed opinions are pointless trying to argue with so I won't waste my time.

Lol you'd swear Messi and the Barca players were sh*te players from the Conference and he's bigging them up. You're talking about arguably the best to ever play ball in one of the best teams of all time.

Of course. I'm simply saying they're not infallible and devout of criticism. Messi has not done a twinkle all game. Many on here have said the same. Anders then posts pretty much saying that his anonymity is justified as he's made a decent pass in the 91St minute. It's Pethetic

Not every analysis of Messi is about his overall greatness. I'm discussing him now and here in this 90 minutes. He's done **** all. Claiming because he's possibly the greatest as a defence of his performance tonight is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement