Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Chamber of Commerce pushing out competition from Sligo?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

This is either a case of shoddy reporting on behalf of SligoToday
    Most likely! Rubbish publication that lifts most stories verbatim from newspapers.
    It also seems to be a mouthpiece for a certain senator whose father was also a politician! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

red sean wrote: »
    Most likely! Rubbish publication that lifts most stories verbatim from newspapers.
    It also seems to be a mouthpiece for a certain senator whose father was also a politician! ;)

Is that the senator who went before the people, failed to get elected and was handed a nice number in the senate which paid much the same? The senator who stood before thousands of his fellow Sligo people and decried the cancer services closing, but actually remained and still remains a FF member despite his populist speeches? The guy who had a dozen election posters on a road "we" named after his father, to jog our memories and remind us who our nobility are? Nice work if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Dat be de one!

red sean wrote: »
    Dat be de one!

And he's the "acceptable" face of FF in Sligo, to be foisted on us time and again until we accept him as our worldly better. If he finally trips over the finish line with a vote to spare, he'll rise through the ranks quickly with his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Why dont you all just say who you are talking about rather than the smoke and mirrors nonsense that I cannot understand. How do you expect things to improve if you do not publicly out those you have question marks over? This day and age of hiding in shadows is why people get away with murder.

If you want to make a comment, then at least have the courage of your conviction, lest ye be quiet.

• Advertisement

Why dont you all just say who you are talking about rather than the smoke and mirrors nonsense that I cannot understand. How do you expect things to improve if you do not publicly out those you have question marks over? This day and age of hiding in shadows is why people get away with murder.

If you want to make a comment, then at least have the courage of your conviction, lest ye be quiet.

Marc McSharry. Ran for election and failed so was returned to the senate. Told people what they wanted to hear but hasn't the conviction to resign from FF when push came to shove. Will run for election again. Will go far because if who his daddy is. Succinct enough?
    It was light hearted beating around the bush. I have no problem calling a spade a spade if that's required. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

CoC are King Canute merchants, engaging with them at any level makes them feel relevant, best to leave them alone.

CoC are King Canute merchants, engaging with them at any level makes them feel relevant, best to leave them alone.

When they can throw their weight around like they've done, they are relevant, unfortunately.
    If there ends up being, is it 25 jobs, lost in Homestore, will the CoC president be giving quotes to the media like he did when Elanco announced redundancies? Just two months ago. He said one job lost in Sligo was equivalent to twenty in Dublin. That's the same as 500 in this case then, by his reckoning. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

il gatto wrote: »
    When they can throw their weight around like they've done, they are relevant, unfortunately.
    If there ends up being, is it 25 jobs, lost in Homestore, will the CoC president be giving quotes to the media like he did when Elanco announced redundancies? Just two months ago. He said one job lost in Sligo was equivalent to twenty in Dublin. That's the same as 500 in this case then, by his reckoning. Nice one.

I'd love to see them explain themselves if this actually happens (and its likely to in fairness).
    Will they call on the government to intervene like every union in the country when a business closes down, citing that it's a massive blow for the region?

Or will they hide in the shadows and pretend they know nothing about it, like the bus service route?

I fear it would be the latter

I'd love to see them explain themselves if this actually happens (and its likely to in fairness).
    Will they call on the government to intervene like every union in the country when a business closes down, citing that it's a massive blow for the region?

Or will they hide in the shadows and pretend they know nothing about it, like the bus service route?

I fear it would be the latter

If the staff spend their dole money in their member's shops, they won't care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement