Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's better - mini portable charger or spare battery for Samsung Galaxy S3

Options
  • 06-06-2015 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi all, my friend is always running out of battery life on her phone. Would you recommend buying an extra battery or getting one of those mini chargers?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Portable charger by far.
    • You don't have to put it into a
      phone to charge it
    • It'll work with any model of phone (someone else's, her next one)

Disadvantages would be that it's a bit bulkier and you have to carry a (small) charging cable

How old is the phone ? Batteries loose capacity as they get older.
    If it's more than 2 years old then the battery may be holding very little charge, in which case it might be better to get a phone battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭SomeDude

Thanks. She got the phone last September. Not sure if it was bought new or not. Maybe I'll check that with her. Any recommendations on portable chargers if I choose that option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

SomeDude wrote: »
    Thanks. She got the phone last September. Not sure if it was bought new or not. Maybe I'll check that with her. Any recommendations on portable chargers if I choose that option?

Anything Anker from Amazon UK. Usually listed as having a healthy discount from RRP.

Advertisement