Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large Ketamine Seizure

• 06-06-2015 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/three-held-after-biggest-ever-ketamine-seizure-680410.html

Anyone surprised by the size of this seizure. A drug I'm aware of since some time in the 90's because of the band "Placebo". Not one I have ever seen on sale on Ireland. Only other time I have seen it mentioned in Irish news before, was the last time Emergency legislation was passed regarding legal highs, where various news outlets misspelled it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Jaysus. There's enough there to tranquilize a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

You can keep your ketamine, yeah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When I saw the thread title I though someone was looking for advice about a bad buzz.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ketamine has to be one of the most harmless illegal popular designer drugs going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Did they not legalise ketamine a few weeks ago for a day back in March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nooooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Ketamine has to be one of the most harmless illegal popular designer drugs going

Arguably more harmful than ecstasy. Can wreck your bladder apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Ketamine was very popular a few years ago with online poker players, outside of that I've not really come across it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There will be trouble in the stables tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Not one I have ever seen on sale on Ireland.

Relatively popular in Dublin the last few years, never seemed to be any shortage of people using/selling it up until recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Probably on its way to the UK via here? Much bigger market for it over there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Come back to me when you've met someone who's bladder has been obliterated by it. Horrific stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Some whack off the old pinches! Regretamine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Come back to me when you've met someone who's bladder has been obliterated by it. Horrific stuff.

I've seen a lot of it about and know a chronic user who suspiciously is aways dying for a piss and can't hold it but he's "always been like that." That's very chronic use and abuse though. It is a very, very safe drug. The whole "horse tranquiliser" thing is only half the story. It's been used on humans for a very long time because of it's huge safety margin. If a soldier loses a limb at war or the paramedics arrive on the scene of a horrific crash, it's ketamine they'll reach for and not morphine or whatever because they can give you a massive dose without worrying about allergy or overdose.

Advertisement