Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room invaded by small flies! Help!

Options
  • 06-06-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Since a few weeks these guys have been popping up in my bedroom. It's pretty clean, and is en-suite and has carpet. I plugged/cleaned up every hole I could find but these flies still keep popping up in large numbers. They tend to breed(?) under my bed.

I do a full sweep and clear my room of them every other day but they keep coming back. I just can't find a source. Anyone any idea where these come from and how to get rid of them?

What kind of flies are these?

imgur.com/ XjSNvSR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Freek

Apparently new users can't post images so a put a link there with spaces in it to show you the flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have you plants about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Look like moths not flies!
    http://imgur.com/XjSNvSR

Nope, no plants at all

They're long, thin flies, usually sit on the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

They do look like moths, there seems to have been a baby boom of moths recently. We've had a lot around the apartment too. Went to the hardware shop and bought a few moth repellent things. Hardware shop lady said they have sold loads of that stock in the last few days.

• Advertisement

any repellent that you can just place in the room (i.e. not having to spray stuff all over the place?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Advertisement