Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.9 TDi waterpump replacement. Anything else I should replace?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi

My waterpump has failed on my 2004 A4 1.9 TDi. :o Obviously I'll replace the timing belt while I'm at it but what about timing belt tensioner? replace that too?

Any other belts and consumables that I should be replacing at the same time?
    I know there's an auxiliary belt also. Is there also a belt fro A/C and a belt for power steering?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

If your going to do it replace all the belts, tensioner and get a 5L bottle of coolant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

id check if the thermostat is working correctly too as they are a common problem and when the coolant is drained its the best time to replace it. does your car reach normal operating temperature whilst driving??

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

id check if the thermostat is working correctly too as they are a common problem and when the coolant is drained its the best time to replace it. does your car reach normal operating temperature whilst driving??

Yea the car reaches normal operating temperature.

I've decided to take the easy route and just drop it into the garage to be done. It's too risky i think, and I have my weekend back now.

The coolant is pissing out the waterpump. The garage is about 10 mins drive away, do you think it'd be alright to drive it that much without doing any damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I wouldn't drive it if its getting hot. Tow it instead.

Advertisement